• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

zroid

Banned
Prudential sounds deader than the ACC right now

pretty sure I said that the last time Leafs played there too :lol

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
if cant trade Kane for good value we have quite a few d-men that I know arent going to be sticking out anymore.

Erdrick

Really looking forward to the Jets/Hawks game tonight. Is that thug Carcillo playing? I don't even care about the Kane nonsense. I just hope we get something in return that actually fits with our team instead of him. I'm so tired of all the drama that surrounds him. Good on the rest of the team finally taking a stand, if what has been said is true.

EPA recognizes NHL as a leading 'Green Power' user
NHL ranked No. 17 on EPA's Green Power partners national top 100 list

Friday, 02.06.2015 / 9:48 AM / NHL Green
By NHL Public Relations
NEW YORK – The National Hockey League (NHL®) today announced that it is ranked No. 17 on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) National Top 100 list of the largest users of green power, making it the first professional sports league ever to achieve the distinction.

The NHL is being recognized for its priorities to reduce its environmental impact with efforts including: NHL Green, a comprehensive sustainability initiative created by the League in 2010, and the groundbreaking 2014 Sustainability Report, which documented and disclosed the League's carbon footprint. In keeping with these efforts, the League named Constellation – a leading competitive energy and services company – its preferred energy provider that will supply Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs). These RECs represent the generation of more than 271 million kilowatt-hours (kWh) of green power, matching the League's total electricity consumption*.

"We are proud to be recognized for our efforts as we continue our mission to protect our environment and preserve the roots of our game," NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said.

"The NHL's commitment to use 100 percent renewable energy is a hat trick for clean air, our health, and our climate," said EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy. "Using sustainable business practices at sports stadiums and arenas, including utilizing green power, helps protect our communities and our environment by combating the impacts of climate change and protecting winter sports for our athletes."
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=752038

This is a sport that is literally in danger due to climate change. When I went to Minnesota for Christmas there was no snow on the ground and there were no outdoor rinks to skate at since hadn't been cold enough.

Foggy

Oh wow, Backes completely blew it.

Holy shit, Johansen is a fucking terror. Atkinson puts it home. And Hartnell with the assist off his helmet LOL

tNAwuji.png

Merguson

Banned
Ah, Mike Cammalleri.

The guy Burke let go in free agency while in charge of the rebuilding Flames despite getting trade offers for him but Nonis continues to get shit on for keeping UFAs on a playoff team in 2013.

k.

Top Bottom