• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Sanjuro

BTW here is
image.php
's insane crosscheck to McQuaid's face: http://www.gfycat.com/PossibleIdealisticHound

He cares so goddamn much it hurts.

Not something I like to see. I'd guess he just gets a fine. Maybe a game because he had an earlier incident, no?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dreger said:
Further to @TSNBobMcKenzie, Jets and Sabres in trade discussions involving Evander Kane. Deal is not done, but heating up.
Welp

He's my choice for a rental. Should come fairly cheap, and he'd be better than Vermette.
My only issue with him is his speed, I don't think he can keep up. I don't want Vermette either, too high of a price for a 32 year old.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Welp

My only issue with him is his speed, I don't think he can keep up. I don't want Vermette either, too high of a price for a 32 year old.

God damnit Buffalo, you have enough big, young talent, then add McDavid/Eichel to that.

I think his speed would be fine, not a deal breaker anyway. The rental forward pool seems fairly shallow this deadline.

Red_Man

If Buffalo are in this as seriously as McKenzie is, I don't see how other teams can compete with them. They just have too many high picks / blue chip prospects to bargain with, they'll drive up the price for anyone else who wants in on Kane.

Edit: 4th Period guy saying Arizona is pushing hard for him too ?

Edit 2:
McKenzie said:
Worth noting: WPG has been in Kane talks with other clubs, incl VAN/MTL; if BUF/WPG deal gets done, it may be bigger deal than just Kane.

If Buffalo are in this as seriously as McKenzie is, I don't see how other teams can compete with them. They just have too many high picks / blue chip prospects to bargain with, they'll drive up the price for anyone else who wants in on Kane.

Edit: 4th Period guy saying Arizona is pushing hard for him too ?

Edit 2:

So there has been talks between Kane and MTL. We are probably not going to get him.

Fei

What would you be happy with giving up for Kane?

We dont have anyone like Kane in our system right now - A power forward with consistent scoring... So I'd give up plenty. I would guess it's going to be something like

2015 NYI 1st + Myers + Stewart + one solid prospect (Armia/Compher/Fasching/Lemeuix)
for
Kane + some minor prospect.

I hope we don't give up both the NYI and STL 1st round picks.

We dont have anyone like Kane in our system right now - A power forward with consistent scoring... So I'd give up plenty. I would guess it's going to be something like

2015 NYI 1st + Myers + Stewart + one solid prospect (Armia/Compher/Fasching/Lemeuix)
for
Kane + some minor prospect.

I hope we don't give up both the NYI and STL 1st round picks.
Any idea who WPG has in their system that would make that deal happen? Even with Myers in there that seems like a lot to me, but Kane may just be worth the price.

Fei

Any idea who WPG has in their system that would make that deal happen? Even with Myers in there that seems like a lot to me, but Kane may just be worth the price.

No idea, but Murray is like an encyclopedia when it comes to prospects so I'm sure he'd have someone in mind. We'll see how this all shakes down. Some people are now speculating Hodgson could be involved since he was scratched the last few games. Who knows.

No idea, but Murray is like an encyclopedia when it comes to prospects so I'm sure he'd have someone in mind. We'll see how this all shakes down. Some people are now speculating Hodgson could be involved since he was scratched the last few games. Who knows.
Definitely interesting to say the least. Future feels good here in BUF!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Holy shit at the details dreger posted

@DarrenDreger: Huge deal. Hearing Myers Stafford Armia and Lemieux plus a first for Kane and Bogosian as principles of deal getting close btwn Buf + Wpg.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 3m3 minutes ago

Huge deal. Hearing Myers Stafford Armia and Lemieux plus a first for Kane and Bogosian as principles of deal getting close btwn Buf + Wpg.

Fei

Not too far off!

If that's the deal, I'm in. It helps the tank today, and Reinhart + Kane + McEichel next year. Man that's just fun to type.

Red_Man

Remember when Chris Johnston said they just wanted one decent piece? :lol

I don't get peoples fascination with Myers. He looks like absolute dog shit, I don't think putting him in Winnipeg is going to change that.

fallout

We'll see what ends up happening, but Chevy has yet to make a player-for-player trade. If something like that turns out to be his first one after 3.5 years? Holy shit.

Cactus

Banned
I really like this deal for WPG, even though Buff will probably be scary good offensively in a few years if all their prospects pan out.

Kane is a really great player, but he always seems to either be playing injured or missing games due to nagging injuries.

Razorskin

----- ------

*laughs*

Top Bottom