• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Curufinwe

Remember when Chris Johnston said they just wanted one decent piece? :lol

I don't get peoples fascination with Myers. He looks like absolute dog shit, I don't think putting him in Winnipeg is going to change that.

He's played as well as Bogosian has while getting much harder minutes.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dreger making it sound like it's more or less happening. Buffalo is going to be a monster soon, this is shitty. They're giving up a hell of a lot for him though.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 15s15 seconds ago

1st round pick Jets acquire will be lowest of 3 of the Sabres picks. Very complicated trade. Sounds like an unsigned player from Peg as well

NHL15 trade man...

I got was able to get Bogo for our 3rd string prospect goalie and a first.

Red_Man

Sabres are going to have McDavid/Eichel + Reinhart + Girgensons + Grigorenko at C

+ Kane?

fuck thaaaat
Grigorenko will probaby be moved, he's not a 4th line center, and he's not replacing any of those other guys.

calder

omg omg omg.

A lot of kinda conflicting or incomplete reports so I can't have an opinion yet.

But I will be THRILLED if Chevy sorts out the RHD glut by trading Bogo. THRILLED I SAY.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 3m3 minutes ago

Unsigned goalie, Jason Kasdorf also goes to Sabres in trade. Done deal.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
erhg no thanks, Crescent street would've been renamed "Evander Kane street" within a year

Even if Montreal had no chance, we don't need a division rival like Buffalo acquiring players like Kane to play with their future franchise centre.

done deal. God damn it.

ITS A DONE DEAL?!?

LegitShook.gif

LegitShook.gif

Red_Man

Looks like Winnipeg wins this one, but Buffalo has the resources and needs a player like Kane to compliment their centers, so it works for both teams. Hopefully this is the start of more player movement.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Amazing how that went from "Winnipeg will deal with Evander Kane over the summer but Buffalo is trying anyway" to "LOL done deal" in like 2 hours.

Wow Buffalo... but I will say, offensively, they look a lot better up front. They have 2 high 1sts, getting McDavid (probably) having Kane and then another offensive guy with the other 1st and so on. Not too bad. Also, they now have another goalie in the system.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Can't turn away an offer that good.

Indeed. Just goes to show just how good a deal Winnipeg must think it is for them that they jumped right on it.

If anything, you would think in Buffalo they'd be a little wary of why they were so willing to take the deal so quickly. :D

Red_Man

Kind of hope Buffalo loses the lottery now. I don't want them getting McDavid or Eichel.

Armia and Lemieux are two legit offensive prospects for Winnipeg too. Armia could become a 20+30 type of a guy, while Lemieux could be a nasty 25 goal scorer.

calder

Hearing rumours that it's not all done yet, that the Jets got Myers in order to flip him to... Detroit.

Crazed, prepare to have your ridiculously stocked farm system raided. :p

Red_Man

A lot of teams in the East are becoming power houses, Toronto getting left in the dust.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I hate our fucking division.

Everyone is either getting stacked with young prospects or they're already beasts.

And then there's the Leafs, wallowing away in bullshit.

Top Bottom