• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Socreges

Banned
Great contract for Zajac. Bad contract for the Devils. Must be difficult for them to hold onto these guys.

Cagey, you're happy with it?

Lines for tonight's Canucks scrimmage:

Team Blue
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Connauton-Rodin-Archibald

Garrison-Edler
Alberts-Barker
Vandermeer-Andersson

Luongo

Team Grey
Raymond-Ebbett-Kassian
Volpatti-Malhotra-Weise
Sweatt-Schroeder-Gordon

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Ballard-Tanev
Joslin-Corrado

Schneider

IMO if Hamhuis and Bieksa can shut down the Sedins it could be a pretty even game.
Connauton as a forward!

Is this being televised or streamed?

Marvie_3

Banned
Havent they been doing that for years?

jJ8HXkm5kdf2u.jpg

Cagey

Banned
Lou still sucks at giving out contracts in the new CBA.

Almost 6M for 8 years for Zajac? WTF?

It's too long of a deal, I think, but he's a better player than people realize. It's not a bad deal, it's just not a good one.

Great contract for Zajac. Bad contract for the Devils. Must be difficult for them to hold onto these guys.

We've had bad luck with a couple stars walking for non-monetary reasons. Niedermayer walks for less money because his little brother played on another team. Zach Parise walks because he loves his home state of Minnesota.

The other high profile departures -- Scott Gomez, Brian Gionta, Brian Rafalski, Paul Martin happening in consecutive years -- were all overpaid by the teams that signed them. Rafalski was the only reasonable above-market payday, the other three were absurd deals...

Gomez is still a punchline today, about to get bought out, and hell, might wind up returning to NJD for pennies.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
$5.75/year for Zajac? I like the guy, but that seems steep.
Agreed. Especially when you consider it's 8 years x $5.75M. Zajac is coming off an injury-plagued season and has only flirted with being a #1 center in the past. And who knows how much of his production was because of Parise...

PS: I would not mind if the Oilers signed Redden to a 1 year contract. Worst case, we trade him for a pick at the deadline.

Cagey

Banned
Anybody who thinks Parise walked for "non-monetary reasons" has recently had a railroad spike driven into their head.

Money being equal or close to it, plus with Ryan Suter on board, his ass was heading to his home state of Minnesota whether I liked it or not. Money being equal, he wasn't staying in New Jersey, or signing with (insert rumored team).

That would qualify as a "non-monetary" reason.

Money being equal or close to it, plus with Ryan Suter on board, his ass was heading to his home state of Minnesota whether I liked it or not. Money being equal, he wasn't staying in New Jersey, or signing with (insert rumored team).

That would qualify as a "non-monetary" reason.

There is no way the money offered by the devils was remotely close to the Wilds offer. He might have wanted to play in Minny but he followed a trail of hundred dollar bills all the way from Prudential to Xcel.

Socreges

Banned
I'm thinking about going to the Flyers/Lightning game on the 27th.

Is sitting behind (or near) the penalty box a good idea?
+ Can see players more clearly
+ Can hear sounds of the game more clearly
+ Can taunt players in the box
- Worse perspective of overall game (advantage of upper bowl)
- Glass may make it a bit harder to see parts of the ice

Fei

I think we only keep Gerbe on the team now for the pictures.

BAwKIyfCIAAQnXa.jpg:large

That Pens' commercial is awesome. You'd think English wasn't the first language of any involved.

Jayhawk

I don't watch many Devils games. With Zajac's new contract extension, I was wondering when both Henrique and Zajac are healthy, who is a better centre for Kovalchuk?

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
I don't watch many Devils games. With Zajac's new contract extension, I was wondering when both Henrique and Zajac are healthy, who is a better centre for Kovalchuk?

I don't think either Henrique or Zajac are going to play in the KHL next season anyway.

Stasis

I just wish I could use Gamecenter on my PS3 to watch local teams. Cable companies are the worst.

OpenVPN script on a DD-WRT router will do the trick. Something like an Asus RT-N12B for around $40 if yours isn't compatible. Maybe a little more complex than you'd like, but really quite simple with a decent guide and some assistance from the boards.

RDS is going to produce a 24/7 like show for the Habs this season. I wonder if they'll be able to keep all the swearing.

Sounds interesting. I'm sure HBO will get around to doing the Habs also. RDS tends to suck at a lot of things, but it'll probably be decent and make the french speakers happy. I predict my father-in-law tells me all about it likes it's the coolest new concept in the world of hockey.

So M.A Gragnani is on waivers, thought he had a decent first NHL season, 15 points in 58 games playing on the bottom pair, decent size at 6'2 and still only 25 years old. What's the issue with him? Slow?stupid?

Dumb. Had hopes for him in Buffalo but it was literally scary every time he was on the ice. He's like a less defensively sound MAB with the added bonus of less offensive skill too.

Fei

Dumb. Had hopes for him in Buffalo but it was literally scary every time he was on the ice. He's like a less defensively sound MAB with the added bonus of less offensive skill too.

During his late season/playoff call-up in the 10-11 season he looked like a stud. Never looked close to that again, for whatever reason.

Stasis

During his late season/playoff call-up in the 10-11 season he looked like a stud. Never looked close to that again, for whatever reason.

I kinda remember him being good at one point... that must be it. Mostly I remember the bad.

Heretic

Emerson Etem sent back to the AHL. I guess he needs more time to cook :/

John Gibson sent back to Kitchener Rangers. This one was expected. He'll eventually be the starting goalie for the Ducks.

Row

Banned
I think we only keep Gerbe on the team now for the pictures.

BAwKIyfCIAAQnXa.jpg:large

That Pens' commercial is awesome. You'd think English wasn't the first language of any involved.

and those thighs

also, never seen a locker room with game photos up like that above each player's locker, pretty cool. If the habs had that last season I imagine it would've been a photo of gomez on the bench

Vman

There is no way the money offered by the devils was remotely close to the Wilds offer. He might have wanted to play in Minny but he followed a trail of hundred dollar bills all the way from Prudential to Xcel.

Other teams offered more money then the wild
did.

$9/game if you're a Panthers fan.

Well I wish I could be in Florida when NY plays them. Ever since they decided to remodel the garden, tickets always start at like $60-70 for section 400 something seats.

I liked back in the day when you could casually decide you want to go to a game the day of it and it'd only be like $20 for cheap seats, but they weren't awful and I still enjoyed myself.

Top Bottom