• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Socreges

Banned
I use unblock-us as well and was wondering this. Based on a little investigation it does not seem to work on some devices (iPad, anything that has location services basically) but does work on PS3. If it works I won't be getting Jets TV that's for sure. :p $10 a month grumble grumble.
Well it works with my Netflix app on my 360 so hypothetically it SHOULD work with Gamecenter, too, no?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Just rewatched the end of game 2 of the 92/93 cup final where Desjardins gets the late PP goal to tie and the the game winning goal in OT. So good.

Cake Boss

Banned
Funny to see Brennan in it considering he called him a "garbage pick" in the Sun the day we drafted him.

The story behind that is that he didn't know the player we picked at the time so he asked the guy sitting beside him at the draft who he thought was a scout, the scout said it was a garbage pick, later on he found out the scout was a just beat reporter for some team and was just screwing with him.

Acid08

Banned
Listening to the Twin Peaks talk on this weeks Bombcast, I should probably get around to watching that. They don't seem too hot on the second season.

Listening to the Twin Peaks talk on this weeks Bombcast, I should probably get around to watching that. They don't seem too hot on the second season.

It's amazing television, slump in the second season or not. Watch the movie after, makes up for it somewhat.

calder

Well it works with my Netflix app on my 360 so hypothetically it SHOULD work with Gamecenter, too, no?

You'd certainly think so, but it does raise the possibility that you'd be subject to some random US blackout rule. But that wouldn't be much of a problem I don't think, in the unlikely event I want to watch a game that's blacked out by Gamecenter since it thinks I'm in a US market I can just disable unblock-us on my PS3.

You'd think anyway. I'll be testing it this weekend before resubscribing to Jets TV through Shaw for sure.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

I don't mind the second season. The finale is very good, even though it is a massive cliffhanger.

Socreges

Banned
You'd certainly think so, but it does raise the possibility that you'd be subject to some random US blackout rule. But that wouldn't be much of a problem I don't think, in the unlikely event I want to watch a game that's blacked out by Gamecenter since it thinks I'm in a US market I can just disable unblock-us on my PS3.

You'd think anyway. I'll be testing it this weekend before resubscribing to Jets TV through Shaw for sure.
Great thing about unblock-us is that you can just set your country to Canada or US when necessary. So I think we'd be alright in all circumstances.

Let us know how your test goes. I'll be making my decision based on your results, I think.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Great thing about unblock-us is that you can just set your country to Canada or US when necessary. So I think we'd be alright in all circumstances.

Let us know how your test goes. I'll be making my decision based on your results, I think.

I'll just listen to what the results are, too. Seems like the only time you could not watch a Canucks game would be if a game is on BOTH NHL Network/NBC/National US Network AND a national Canadian Network. So, pretty much most playoff games? But since CBC livestreams their national broadcasts anywa, that's solved by just watching it on your PC. Win-win. Let's hope it works.

Socreges

Banned
I'll still have CBC so I wouldn't be too concerned about the playoffs. And if both countries are blocked for series on TSN/NBC, then maybe I could set my country to the UK...? If not I'll just pay for the sports package for a month.

Stasis

Fuck, this board just became like my daily life. A whole lot of intense Habs talk.

I can't escape it.

Any of you guys in Montreal? Do you have insane melt downs the same way the locals do every time there's a small slump? It's never middle ground. Either BEST SHIT EVER or OMG X-Y-Z HAS TO DIE AND I HATE THIS TEAM SO MUCH.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Fuck, this board just became like my daily life. A whole lot of intense Habs talk.

I can't escape it.

Any of you guys in Montreal? Do you have insane melt downs the same way the locals do every time there's a small slump? It's never middle ground. Either BEST SHIT EVER or OMG X-Y-Z HAS TO DIE AND I HATE THIS TEAM SO MUCH.

You weren't here for KingHenrik's meltdown, were you. (given he's not a Habs fan, but that philosophy can be seen in many many teams here)

At least only Tabris burned our city down, so there's that.

Alucard

Banned
The stupids have come out.
staaltraitor.png

Alucard

Banned
Brandon Sutter setting up Matt Cooke in a Pens "game conditions" scrimmage today:
derekrocco_1.gif

Pens' top pick in the 2010 draft, Beau Bennett, also looked to have some wheels:
derekrocco_2.gif

Btw, attendance was free, and Consol was filled to the max. As "sold out" as free can be.

Less than 2 days to go.

Revenant

cakebossed.................fuck the canccks you guys are fuckng out otf luck, for taht matter the hawks too, fuck bettman, fuack the nhl, but i'll be watching saturday anway because im a hypocrite.

FUCK

The story behind that is that he didn't know the player we picked at the time so he asked the guy sitting beside him at the draft who he thought was a scout, the scout said it was a garbage pick, later on he found out the scout was a just beat reporter for some team and was just screwing with him.

As far as making a splash, Bryan Murray tossed a pebble into the lake that was Round 1 of the NHL draft last night.

Not to be outdone by his wheeling-and-dealing counterparts, the Senators GM traded up three steps so he could take ... Erik Karlsson?

"Nice way to show your thanks to the fans for their support," said Brian Samuel, a regular ticket-buying customer at Scotiabank Place who was sitting in Level 2 wearing a Senators jersey and surrounded by his buddies in Leafs and Blackhawks colours.

"That's a garbage pick. They could have had him in the second round."

We thinking of the same article ? he actually just quoted a fan for the article(and the headline)

In any case, the media here sucks. Unless they draft someone from the 67s they will shit on it. Brennan is our version of Steve Simmons.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

I can't escape it.

Last year numbed me, I just need my boy to look fierce and I'll be able to sleep at night.

Does Matthew Dumba intentionally wear the number 55 to make the back of his jersey look like the word 'dumbass'?
iGoYvzeSQDlwV.gif

This O'Reilly situation is fucking stupid. He won't be an UFA for 7 more years and he's holding out for a better deal than Duchene got when he only has one solid year in the books to point to. I don't really understand what the deal is, KHL is more money but it's the fucking KHL. Get it together kid.

OH MY GOD LISTENING TO NONIS IS MAKING ME FALL ASLEEP

He's about as flat, vague and boring as you can get. Very corporate-like. No wonder the fat cats at Rogers/Bell love him.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
OH MY GOD LISTENING TO NONIS IS MAKING ME FALL ASLEEP

He's about as flat, vague and boring as you can get. Very corporate-like. No wonder the fat cats at Rogers/Bell love him.
Always something...

Burke's a blowhard arrogant ass who can't shut up.
Nonis is flat, boring, vague and corporate-like.

Just keep on hatin'
I wouldn't be surprised if I still heard bitching if Holland was our GM.

Top Bottom