• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

We have another half of the team?

Datsyuk - Z - Brunner
Franzen - Filppula - Samuelsson
Cleary - Abdelkdaer - Mursak
Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo

Kronwall - Ericsson
Quincey - Smith
Colaiacovo - White

Howard

Bert and Helm are out, Bert is sick and Helm will be back next Friday, Eaves is also cleared to play now but hasn't played in a while. I think Sammy will surprise some people and Flip has been looking really, really good so I'm not too concerned about the second line. Amazing though with 3 other forwards out, we still have a deep lineup, that forward depth. I also think Mursak and Tootoo will be stands out and surprise people as well. Overall not bad, once we get Bert and Helm back though things will get interesting and if Smith lives up to the hype which he has a good chance of doing.

tumblr_lka915sLrA1qhgme2.gif

^

Oh Whitesox, your only goal in life is to harass the Wings.

We'll do all right, we aren't the Leafs :p

Another Wings fan? Our numbers grow!!!

So what are your guy's realistic predictions for your teams?

For me I think:

- Z-D-B will all have a good season, Brunner will find the transition over to smaller ice to be tough but will pull through and have a really good season (what sets him apart from other players who have come over as unrestricted free agents is how he is older/more mature and how he has had multiple successful seasons and his playing time with Z this year.
- Bert and Cleary will struggle this year, Bert will still be the king of shootouts
- Flip will have another great year, Franzen will have a better year than last year, but still floats too much
- Tootoo and Mursak will also surprise people by putting up solid years
- Abby and Emmerton will struggle with Miller doing decently (or how he has played the last few years)
- Kronwall will have a good year and I think Ericsson will have a good year as well
- Cola and White both will have off years
- Quincey will have a better year now that he has had more time to gel with the team and there isn't so much pressure on him
- Smith will be great offensively but will need to work on his defensive game
- Howard will start slow but gain momentum down the stretch putting up solid numbers
- Team overall with finish 5th-7th in the West.

The Red Wings sign Damien Brunner, a 26 year old, point a game player from the Swiss league and they're geniuses. The Flames sign Roman Cervenka, a 27 year old, point a game player from the KHL and they're wasting their time.

Brunner and Z playing together during the lockout is a huge plus as they both have developed some amazing chemistry together, that is a huge standout in this. Though I have no idea about anything regarding Cervenka so I can't comment on him.

Quick

Banned
The Red Wings sign Damien Brunner, a 26 year old, point a game player from the Swiss league and they're geniuses. The Flames sign Roman Cervenka, a 27 year old, point a game player from the KHL and they're wasting their time.

Don't think I've heard of any media outlet dismissing Cervenka, unless you're referring to your local media.

Montresor

Thanks to a fortunate turn of events that will not hurt my wallet, I'll be able to watch tonight's game and not have to work.

BRING ON THE HABS

Don't think I've heard of any media outlet dismissing Cervenka, unless you're referring to your local media.

I haven't heard any Toronto/Vancouver media outlet claiming that Brunner will accomplish anything. His name is usually mentioned in the same breath as Fabian Brunnstrom and Jonas Gustavsson. People are a bit more positive because he's been playing with Zetterberg, while Cervenka I think is completely new.

So what are your guy's realistic predictions for your teams?

-R.J. Umberger and Cam Atkinson will fight to lead the team in goals scored. Atkinson has a breakout season.
-Our underrated blue line will make some noise.
-Bobrovsky will have a much better season and hover around a .920%. Mason will be a bit better but still nowhere close to Bobrovsky's level.
-Dubinsky and Brassard end up racking up a bunch of points from assists.
-We'll fight for the 8th seed due to improved goal tending. Playoffs will be missed.
-Oilers will get the first overall pick yet again.

-R.J. Umberger and Cam Atkinson will fight to lead the team in goals scored. Atkinson has a breakout season.
-Bobrovsky will have a much better season and hover around a .920%. Mason will be a bit better but still nowhere close to Bobrovsky's level.
-We'll fight for the 8th seed due to improved goal tending. Playoffs will be missed.

i5PpzI0Jkgd0l_zps137aa6fa.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
If Mason returns to form, CLB wont be as bad as ppl think.

They have really good D, more balanced scoring with Anisimov, Foligno and break out seasons from Atikson and Johansson would make them a surprise team.

Tabris

Here's my fantasy lineup in a head to head salary cap (70.2m) league. Everyone bolded is starting, let me know if any of you think I should change out who I'm starting.

C Hodgson A C
E Staal A C
J Staal A C
P Kessel A W
R Nash A W
V Tarasenko A W
Z Parise A W
A Pietrangelo A D
C Ehrhoff A D
M Carle A D
M Staal A D
A Lindback A G
R Miller A G

J Schwartz RS C
M Grigorenko RS C
C Hagelin RS W
J Tlusty RS W
J Gardiner RS D
R Murphy RS D
D Ellis RS G

I put my faith into BUF, NYR, CAR, TB, MIN, and STL. Phil Kessel is on my team as everyone hates TOR and he was available way too late for me not to take him.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Apparently he worked out, lost some weight over the summer, and got bigger equipment for this season, also got some internal competition which he didn't have before and a new coach too.

Yes I agree. James Reimer will have a bounce back season.

Montresor

Canada-gaf, which games are you watching today at 3pm?

1) NBC game (I guess Pitt vs Philly)

2) CBC game (Ottawa vs Winnipeg)

3) Switch between both randomly

4) CBC game primarily, switch to NBC game only during commercials

5) NBC game primarily, switch to CBC game only during commercials

It's nice to have hockey back. =D

GO FLYERS AND SENS

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

REPRESENT CANADA! (only in the regular season).

I'll swap between the games though but primarily I'll be watching that one.

Hunter S.

@Tabris I would take out Parise as I think his production will fall in Minnesota. The Wild were the crappiest scoring team last year scoring 25 goals less than the next club. I suspect they will continue to blow.

Tabris

@Tabris I would take out Parise as I think his production will fall in Minnesota. The Wild were the crappiest scoring team last year scoring 25 goals less than the next club. I suspect they will continue to blow.

Well first scoring also includes +/- and Hits. Second, I think that scoring will go up quite a bit. Remember, Zach Parise was scoring quite well in his best year on a trap / defensive team.

Marvie_3

Banned

They had a ton of injuries last year, which is why they went from 1st overall in the league to missing the playoffs in no time.

Hunter S.

Well first scoring also includes +/- and Hits. Second, I think that scoring will go up quite a bit. Remember, Zach Parise was scoring quite well in his best year on a trap / defensive team.

With those factor I suppose he is safe with Heatly. I should probably change my opinion to the wild will still suck, but the will look better doing it. I cannot get over how boring the team has been since there beginning. If Praise does that I will be shocked and even slightly happy. I do not want to sleep during the opener tonight.

Hunter S.

They had a ton of injuries last year, which is why they went from 1st overall in the league to missing the playoffs in no time.

A ton of teams went from hot to not last year the league has tons of parity compared to other sports so it is hard to tell who will do great then fall. I am looking at both Toronto and Colorado right now.

Socreges

Banned
Awesome avatar, Leeroy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ybZiaSp-RzM

This is amazing because "This is Sportscenter" commercials are awesome...

Also because ESPN is actually acknowledging hockey.
Swedish chef!

A ton of teams went from hot to not last year the league has tons of parity compared to other sports so it is hard to tell who will do great then fall. I am looking at both Toronto and Colorado right now.

Colorado still sucks and will continue to if they keep giving players huge overpayments. If they bend and give O'Reilly anywhere close to $5 mil he'll be dead weight just like stastny and the other big contracts will be. They overpay everyone and they play like shit.

Tabris

Yeah, teams being hot in the early part of the season don't count. Things always normalize by December/January. One of the reasons I'm worried about this shortened season.

Top Bottom