• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Heretic

Going to be great protecting our prospects. I'm very excited to see him on the team.

He will be missed. He always did amazing things in the community. We miss him more as a person than as a player.

Also, Teemu is like 17 goals behind Jagr for 9th in most goals i think. It's going to be a tight race.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
KfjCD.jpg

:(

FOOTE

Just kidding the NHLPA has to announce it has ratified first

Just hoping it's out early(ish) this morning. I have a bit of running to do today and tonight and I want to look it over before I go out. Otherwise, I'm going to be checking, checking and checking until it's out. :(

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Lebrun: NHL and NHLPA still "hammering away" at CBA MOU at this hour... League isn't open for business officially until MOU is completed..

Mou = memorandum of understanding

It's like a contract draft in this case... As the CBA is so massive, they need to get the agreement on paper

Then they start writing the CBA which won't be done for another month plus

But until each other is contractually obligated to fulfill the agreement, they can't play

Mckenzie just tweeted they have to sign the mou before releasing scheds / lift lockout

MOU is basically a legal agreement in lieu of a formal CBA. The actual CBA will take a while to write and look over by both legal teams.

Listening to Panthers stuff on the radio;
19th vs Canes, 2 game road trip, 24th vs Flyers, 26th vs Sens

DopeyFish

So the voting was separate?

Voting to ratify is one step

They need something to sign though

Bob mckenzie suggests it is likely afternoon mou is signed though not sure... Expectation is today

Also...

@TSNBobMcKenzie: It's my expectation some GMs are sitting on trades/signings that are done or close to done and as soon as gun goes off, there'll be activity

DopeyFish

NHLPA ‏@NHLPA
Per agreement with the NHL, we will announce results of player vote later today. Discussions to finalize the MOU continue this morning.

2 Game road trip after the home opener is said to be in Canada.

EDIT: Jan 21st is at Sens

And

@GeorgeRichards: Word is Jacob Markstrom, James Wright, Drew Shore, Alex Petrovic and Quinton Howden joining #FlaPanthers training camp from @sarampage

Listening to Panthers stuff on the radio;
19th vs Canes, 2 game road trip, 24th vs Flyers, 26th vs Sens

If you're in South Florida (which I presume because you're a Panthers fan), where in the hell are you hearing anything related to hockey on the radio? I know of only two AM sports stations and neither even mention hockey. It could be because one is ESPN Radio but still...

If you're in South Florida (which I presume because you're a Panthers fan), where in the hell are you hearing anything related to hockey on the radio? I know of only two AM sports stations and neither even mention hockey. It could be because one is ESPN Radio but still...
I'm actually in Atlanta currently. 560wqam is the one I listen to online. They had an 8am show to announce camp times as season opening info. Yormark gave out the info on the show.

DopeyFish

@TSNBobMcKenzie: RT @StapeNewsday: #Isles booked flight for Visnovsky today. He wasn't on it. Appears this will be settled between NHL and KHL now.

Lol

Top Bottom