• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Cake Boss

Banned
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Once lockout is over, I expect TOR to announce a 1 year deal with defenceman Cody Franson. Likely for a shade over $1M

IT BEGINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's senior advisor but not to hockey...why keep him on?

Given how desperate MLSE was when he was signed, it's plausible that he demanded some massive payout clause if his contract was terminated before it's expiry.

I thought the PA was supposed to be finished voting by 8am PST?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
He's senior advisor but not to hockey...why keep him on?

Seriously

Send his advisories to anselmi? Fuck that shit

It's like being knighted except instead of tapping the sword on his shoulders they shit on his head- an honorary title of no value

Revenant

Cold blooded on Steve Simmons!

"That's the best part of today, I'll never have to speak to you again"

tumblr_lxu6fjzdOt1qjewdno1_250.gif

I'm happy that Franson looks like he'll be back.
Where are you reading about that? Would like to read it myself. He hasn´t been at all what I hoped him to. Can´t say i´m sad if he is leaving, they are saying that he is out with a concussion but Im not so sure about that.

EDIT: sorry just read about the tweet above

I get that everyone's happy to see Simmons embarrassed like that - the guy's a tabloid hack of the worst variety - but this is just more proof for MLSE that Burke was the wrong guy.

Beez

Banned
I get that everyone's happy to see Simmons embarrassed like that - the guy's a tabloid hack of the worst variety - but this is just more proof for MLSE that Burke was the wrong guy.

Yes my dad says that is Burke's problem he's a blowhard and fights with the press. Says the Greek will be way better.

ZeroGravity

It's okay you guys, he was just telling the truth:

steve simmons ‏@simmonssteve
If you do your job the way I try to do it, telling the truth, even when the truth is uncomfortable, you're going to upset people.
Why does Burke hate the truth?!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
@DarrenDreger: MOU still in works. "Should" get done today. Over 100 hrs invested in legal work and counting this week alone. Coaches very eager.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: No one seems to know precisely when NHL-NHLPA MOU will be signed other than expectation it'll be "sometime" today.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
@DarrenDreger: MOU still in works. "Should" get done today. Over 100 hrs invested in legal work and counting this week alone. Coaches very eager.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: No one seems to know precisely when NHL-NHLPA MOU will be signed other than expectation it'll be "sometime" today.

I want things to be fast and furious as soon as it's signed.

I expect 20 trades/transactions to go through 5 minutes after

Top Bottom