• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I imagine Burkes conference will go like this

"Dear MLSE, on behalf of myself and the Burke family, and from the bottom of our hearts, we ask that you go fuck yourself, and I hope Seguin and Dougie Hamilton haunt you until the day they die. Excuse me while I go spend all the money you're paying me on blow and hookers."

1291664255_obama-kiks-door-open.gif

One of Patches exercises is to take a steel sled weighing 1,135 pounds, and push it from a dead stop, to 15 yards in 17 seconds. Pretty ridiculous, his trainer :

“NOBODY in the gym can do this,” Prentiss wrote in an email of his pupil’s recent sled push. “It’s unreal how powerful Max has become.”
Dat power.

It is ridiculous how long it takes to vote when you're doing it electronically. 8am can't get here soon enough.

Someone on twitter said something along the lines of, "I'm not surprised the vote is taking so long, Marchand is probably still trying to figure out how to turn his computer on" :lol

FOOTE

Someone on twitter said something along the lines of, "I'm not surprised the vote is taking so long, Marchand is probably still trying to figure out how to turn his computer on" :lol

Well you have to wonder how many players are living like Seguin.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
A small part of me wonders what would happen if some hacker found the system and changed all the votes to "no".

Cactus

Banned
So, how many trades will we see tomorrow
besides the Luongo fleecejob, of course :-(
? With the condensed schedule, I think we might see a lot of GM's making moves as soon as they're able to.

I would believe Beez's dad is Manics, but Manics lore dictates that he has only daughters.

*shrugs*

Manics, iirc, had more than one family.

*shrugs*

Cactus, I think there must have been a few trades cooked up by GMs before the lockout... So hopefully there's something more than zzzz RFA re-ups.

?

Had to look it up:

How have you not seen Goon?

Scott Niedermayer named Ducks assistant coach.

GOOD. He's always been a leader for us, and having more of a presence will only serve to help with that even more.

That's all I needed to see of that thread...

Gonna be a shame when EVERY dickhead finds out that Fedoras are fucking stupid. Then we won't be able to identify who's a dickhead from a mile away. Like Ed Hardy shirts and douchebags.

Yes, watch the trailer too (Sunhi made)
https://youtube.com/watch?v=3TspetkwkcU

arrrmaaagawwwwd

hrtc pls

He's looking to watch a hockey game, not join you in one of Dastardly's orgies.

At what point of 2013 did you realise you'd fallen in love with me? I need to mark this down on my Facebook timeline.

Been hearing a lot about these Dastardly orgies lately... Wot u gota do 2 get in on dat ass?

Bring a 6 pack of hotdogs and pretend you're dealing with the Canucks Top 6 to prove yourself that you can handle the action.

Acid08

Banned
Gonna be a shame when EVERY dickhead finds out that Fedoras are fucking stupid. Then we won't be able to identify who's a dickhead from a mile away. Like Ed Hardy shirts and douchebags.

I haven't seen an Ed Hardy shirt in a long time so maybe you're onto something. Douchebags are as rampant as ever.

So it seems as though our opener is in Calgary on the 20th.

Sabres will be re-signing Hecht for 1 year, for some reason.

The 35-year-old forward has agreed to a one-year deal with Buffalo, according to Adler Mannheim. He was scheduled to fly home today and be ready for the opening of Sabres training camp Sunday.

“Playing in the NHL with the Sabres for another year, that’s what I’ve been working for a long, long time,” Hecht told reporters Friday in Germany.

The Sabres had no comment because transactions aren’t allowed until the new collective bargaining agreement is signed, which is expected to happen today.

Hecht had five goals and 13 points in six games with Mannheim. He also proved he was healthy. He was limited to just 22 games in Buffalo last season because of concussions.

“Playing in my hometown was a great experience,” Hecht said. “I was able to show that I’m healthy again and that I’m still able to play.”

Hecht fills the Sabres’ need for depth at center. Cody Hodgson and Tyler Ennis will play on the top two lines, but there is no clear-cut candidate for the third line.

The two-way forward has 181 goals and 449 points in 786 games with Buffalo, Edmonton and St. Louis.

“I’m just glad he’s healthy, No. 1,” Sabres goaltender Ryan Miller said after a workout in Northtown Center at Amherst. “What he went through last year was hard to watch as a friend. I’m thrilled for him that he’s been healthy, and I’m glad that he can find a place to come back here because he’s a very strong, smart player, and he’s gone through a lot. I think he can definitely help us.”

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wasn't Gomez going through some crazy training regime last preseason too???
He had I think 4 different injuries last season, and only ended up playing around 38 games. Not that those are valid excuses, but it definitely doesn't help.

Sweet, our 1C is back!

I think I'm only half joking.

Bizarre the article is even saying he'd be a possible 3rd line center. But I guess Ruff doesn't want Ott at center for whatever reason. Maybe Leino scared them off of new guys playing center. And he must still have a grudge against Luke Adam for whatever reason. And if Grigorenko impresses, that seems like it would make Hecht even more useless.

McCormick is currently injured, so I guess Hecht as 4th line center wouldn't be too bad...

Did anyone else forget that Aaron Rome is now a Dallas Star too?

Affliction has replaced Ed Hardy around here.

I know this to be true, but since Selanne has started wearing Affliction I've had my fingers in my ears while hollering "LALALALALALALA"...

But yeah, it's 2013, so something has to replace the douchebaginess of Ed Hardy... Wonder if Chara is gonna wear Affliction too?

This has been NHL Fashion Report with Dastardly "Avery" Jerks.

I just read that George Parros is with the Panthers, that is beyond weird to me. Totally forgot all the trades/signings just before the lockout.

Top Bottom