• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Detroit sucks.

You have had a bigger chip on your shoulder against us recently than usual, did Holland go to your house and murder your dog or something? Also Datsyuk laughs at your statement.

What a line to be on for your first time in the NHL.

I really, REALLY hope he succeeds. Need more Swiss players.

I will have to like Detroit now...

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Swiss sensation Damien Brunner, 26, expected to line up with Datsyuk and Zetterberg in DET. Rookie Gustav Nyquist staying in AHL - for now.

I hope he succeeds too :D

Seriously though, him and Z had amazing chemistry together playing in the NLA with Brunner leading the league in points and also second behind Malkin in points for all players playing in other leagues. I just hope he can make a successful adjustment to North American style ice and continues to tear it up, having D also pass to him will be great too.

*Stares into the distance like Shatner in Star Trek 2*

BABCOCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully it won't be long before someone unimportant is injured and he is called up to play past Emmerton. Him and Tatar need to be full time next year though or else.

Kifimbo

Oh snap !

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS

Scott Gomez won't be on the ice this morning. He's not injured. Uncertain future with the Canadiens.

Possibly back to Alaska according to another MTL journalist. Another is saying Gomez asked to go back !

EDIT: Bergevin to speak to the media in 15 minutes.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Oh snap !

Possibly back to Alaska according to another MTL journalist. Another is saying Gomez asked to go back !

David Pagnotta said:
Told the Canadiens have unofficially released Scott Gomez, sending him home.

8vOLK.jpg

Two weekends in a row I wake up feeling like completely shit and get some of the best news ever.

Razorskin

----- ------
Oh snap !

Gomez: So what are you going to do? Buy me out?

Bergevin: No Mr. Gomez, I expect you to die.

Kifimbo

More:

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod
Told the Canadiens have unofficially released Scott Gomez, sending him home.

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod
Montreal will buy out Scott Gomez's contract this summer. He will not play for the team this season.

Red_Man

Gomez: So what are you going to do? Buy me out?

Bergevin: No Mr. Gomez, I expect you to die.

:lol

They didn't even give him a try out at camp, I ALMOST feel bad for him.....then I remember he scored once in a year getting paid $7 M. Friedman said it could be they don't want to risk him getting injured and not being able to buy him out next summer, which makes the most sense.

Razorskin

----- ------
:lol

They didn't even give him a try out at camp, I ALMOST feel bad for him.....then I remember he scored once in a year getting paid $7 M. Friedman said it could be they don't want to risk him getting injured and not being able to buy him out next summer, which makes the most sense.

That leaves us with one more amnesty buyout. Who should the other be used on?

Red_Man

That leaves us with one more amnesty buyout. Who should the other be used on?
Depends on how Kaberle and Bourque play. Basically whoever plays worst will get hit with it. I'm hoping Therrien can kick both their asses into gear though. No one should feel safe now that Gomez isn't even showing up to camp period. I'm legit surprised they're pulling this, I didn't think Molson had it in him.

Red_Man

Dude's going to sit on his ass all year and make $5.5 M, what a joke.

Bergevin said he has no intention of trading Subban, and talks have been good.

Kifimbo

Haha, it's funny to hear Bergevin using Pleky and Noky to talk about Plekanec and Nokelainen. Instead of the 'Mister Plekanec' and 'Mister Nokelainen' used by Gauthier.

Cake Boss

Banned
"@TheFourthPeriod: According to a source, MTL had been telling Gomez all week to prepare for camp. He knew a summer buyout was possible, never expected this."

Classy indeed.

That's Gauthier level of classy.

Red_Man

"@TheFourthPeriod: According to a source, MTL had been telling Gomez all week to prepare for camp. He knew a summer buyout was possible, never expected this."

Classy indeed.

Obviously not intentional, I didn't even know you couldn't use the amnesty if a player was injured. It's good thinking on Bergevin's part.

Also Darche got an invite to the Devils camp :lol that will help them in the playoff hunt

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Classy indeed.

Although, to be fair, didn't Gomez do basically that same thing to the organization when it came to his play on the ice?

Classy indeed.

gauthier's level of classy would have been to tell gomez that his taxi is waiting while he is celebrating his 1st goal (and that he would have to pay the fare)

Cake Boss

Banned
"@TheFourthPeriod: Told Del Zotto's 2-year deal is worth just over $2.5M per

What a steal for a 40 point Dman.

Or maybe this is what's to come with the new CBA and the lower cap limit, reduced salaries and contracts.

Classy indeed.

I think they didn't have all the details of the new CBA, thus if he gets injured, getting bought out would be impossible. so no, I think they did the right thing.

Red_Man

Nice, although as bad as I want to see him play, and Eller with great linemates, I don't really want them to waste a year of his ELC on a 48 game season.
He's toying with teams in Sarnia, I think it's better for his development at this point. It'll be a great precursor to him playing a full season next year.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets
Dave nonis says he'll be proactive to improve the leafs at every position. #leafs

Nonis adds we're going to be young again. Everyone's goal is to make the playoffs. He won't blow up building blocks for a quick fix. #leafs

Nonis says we don't need to make a move in net unless we can make an upgrade without robbing the system. #leafs

Nonis: "we can't flip young prospects to add older players." #leafs

Hmm.

Top Bottom