• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Islanders claimed Joe Finley off waivers from Buffalo. The dream of him developing into an NHL player and then having a 6'8" defensive pairing is over.

Socreges

Banned
Vancouver is incredible. This was reaffirmed for me after staying in False Creek for a few nights and snowboarding each day at the local mountains. I miss it so damn much. The view from the mountain on a clear day is phenomenal, too.

Fuck the pipeline.

And not sure how the Canucks are overrated. Preseason predictions? I think the regular season standings are gonna be a mess.

Islanders claimed Joe Finley off waivers from Buffalo. The dream of him developing into an NHL player and then having a 6'8" defensive pairing is over.

Never was going to happen. Finley simply doesn't have the talent to be anything but a very marginal 7th dman. He has a solid career ahead of him in the A, and there's no shame in that.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Vancouver is incredible. This was reaffirmed for me after staying in False Creek for a few nights and snowboarding each day at the local mountains. I miss it so damn much. The view from the mountain on a clear day is phenomenal, too.

Fuck the pipeline.

And not sure how the Canucks are overrated. Preseason predictions? I think the regular season standings are gonna be a mess.

Yeah, regular season will be all over the place.

Without the pipeline, companies get much less per barrel of oil, which means less drilling, less jobs, etc.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah, regular season will be all over the place.

Without the pipeline, companies get much less per barrel of oil, which means less drilling, less jobs, etc.

We all understand the economic aspects, it's the ecological aspects most of us disagree with.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
We all understand the economic aspects, it's the ecological aspects most of us disagree with.

Suck it up hippies. The reality is accidents happen with pipelines, but it gets cleaned up. I'm sure it will happen at some point.

Edit:Just retaliation from the Alberta diss. I just called the Nucks overrated since it went well with calling the city overrated as well.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Suck it up hippies. The reality is accidents happen with pipelines, but it gets cleaned up. I'm sure it will happen at some point.

Dat entitlement. Just because you/your company wants something, doesn't mean you can just get it and we can't voice our (valid) concerns. Personally, I'd have no issue with more expensive gas if it meant protecting our environment.

EDIT: anyway, this is OT.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor

DDUjV.jpg

Holy shit, I remember why I don't go to the hfboards Blackhawks board anymore.
or hfboards

GUYS, THE HAWKS ARE GOING TO GET THE NUMBER ONE PICK.

:lol :lol :lol

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Justin Shultz
34gp 18g 30a 48pts

Jake The Untradable Golden God Gardiner
22gp 9g 8a 17pts

jersey67_losers.jpg

A lighter shade of blue and that could easily be mistaken for a Lions jersey :(

Quick

Banned
Was heading home and hearing Bruce Arthur on Cybulski and company going all in on Burke as well.

There's also the guy who contacted Reimer's mom about his injury, and Dave Naylor.

Minus Naylor, it's practically this roundtable of people who were butthurt by Burke.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So apparently Mikael Samuellsson is already being held out of practice with a groin injury. Here are today's lines (courtesy of Mlive.com):

Without Datsyuk available, and with Darren Helm nursing a sore back, the Wings have had to adjust their lines. Jan Mursak is with Henrik Zetterberg and Damien Brunner. Mike Knuble is in Samuelsson's spot on the second line with Valtteri Filppula abd Johan Franzen. Justin Abdelkader has moved a spot from the fourth line to center Daniel Cleary and Todd Bertuzzi, and Cory Emmerton is with Jordin Tootoo and Drew Miller.

Mike Knuble is in Samuelsson's spot on the second line

Mike Knuble

Mike Babcock, ladies and gentlemen.

Razorskin

----- ------
So apparently Mikael Samuellsson is already being held out of practice with a groin injury. Here are today's lines (courtesy of Mlive.com):

Mike Babcock, ladies and gentlemen.

I'd love to see them give a contract to Knuble for laughs, twice the laughs if its for 2 years.

pringles

I'd love to see them give a contract to Knuble for laughs, twice the laughs if its for 2 years.
2 yrs with NTC sounds about right for Holland.

But for real, there is not a chance in hell Knuble makes the team. They're doing him a favor just letting him be part of camp. Even with Helm, Eaves and Samuelsson injured there isn't any reason to give Knuble a shot instead of Mursak, Nyquist, Tatar, Andersson (who Babcock really likes), Sheahan, etc.

Plinko

2 yrs with NTC sounda about right for Holland.

But for real, there is not a chance in hell Knuble makes the team. They're doing him a favor just letting him be part of camp. Even with Helm, Eaves and Samuelsson injured there isn't any reason to give Knuble a shot instead of Mursak, Nyquist, Tatar, Andersson (who Babcock really likes), Sheahan, etc.

I know. Babcock/Holland are being nice here. Not like we need to give our young guys any time to develop with quality time on the 2nd line or anything.

Someone explain to me how Gomez got this contract in the first place? It made no sense then but no one would have seen it becoming this laughable

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Someone explain to me how Gomez got this contract in the first place? It made no sense then but no one would have seen it becoming this laughable

6UQ1Z.jpg

Edit: I always thought he was coming off his lockout boosted season, but he played one more with New Jersey first. Even in 06 he was awarded $5 million from arbitrators because of the inflated stats.

Top Bottom