• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

I told my fiancee to not make any plans for Saturday. I'll be damned if I miss the first Stars game of the season. I would punch a baby if it meant I could get an NHL team in Houston. Fourth largest city in the US and we're missing the most important sport.

ShaneB

I won't post as much in this thread during the season since it's all busy to keep up, but I'll check in, and now I see those Florida ticket prices... god damn. lol

calder

Should I get Gamecenter or Center Ice? I like the potential convenience of Gamecenter on my PS3/Apple TV/iPad but I worry about it being laggy. Also thanks to be a Shaw sucker I get 15% off Centre Ice (both are $50) if I go for that, but it's not really enough of a discount to justify unless Gamecenter is a letdown.

Either way I guess I have to reup for Jets TV. Apparently Shaw decided to purge it's customer list for Jets TV to avoid potentially billing anyone during the lockout (and knowing how shitty Shaw's billing dept is, I'm sure it was the correct call) so maybe it'd be easier to just get Center Ice.

It wasn't all that surprising though if you were watching. Most of the time they couldn't even get it in the zone and when the did get in the zone, they usually turned it over within a few seconds.
Yeah I know, it was frustrating as fuck. I have no expectations for them to turn it around especially with that quote about Kompon being an idiot so it should be interesting. Their only saving grace is that other teams will hopefully be beyond rusty on the PK

Cake Boss

Banned
Dat Subban holdout.

holmgren.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I told my fiancee to not make any plans for Saturday. I'll be damned if I miss the first Stars game of the season. I would punch a baby if it meant I could get an NHL team in Houston. Fourth largest city in the US and we're missing the most important sport.
Football? ;)

Behind the Philippines Bowling League... :(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm going to miss most if not all of Saturday's game. Friend is having a house party and they don't have cable.

Even still have a SD TV with the big back they use to play the 360 and Wii.

FML

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to miss most if not all of Saturday's game. Friend is having a house party and they don't have cable.

FML
Capn missing first game of the season?! D:

GET THAT DRESS READY, KV_MN!

It's times like this I'm thankful for being a Flyers fan.

Our reaction to the same thing last year? A resounding "meh."

I'd love to see JVR do something special, but I think you guys may very well have a dud on your hands...

Meanwhile your defensive dud is going to be on our top D pairing... great :|

Playong with Timonen will be awesome for Schenn.

The Panthers' arena is also out in the middle of fucking nowhere, on the edge of civilzation across the Sawgrass Parkway from the Everglades. Literally. There's a reason nobody goes there.
WAT
BB&T center is literally across the street from Sawgrass Mills (massive, massive mall) which is right off of I-75. Very easy access and plenty to do in the area.

Florida drivers are notoriously bad. Afternoon summer storms are great, it cools off everything for the evening. Part of a Sub Tropical climate.

In other news Kulikov is off Lokomotiv's roster so there is hope he is on the way back.

Cake Boss

Banned

FML

Isn't CBC free, just grab a cable from your house and plug it in their TV.

Beez

Banned

FML

I don't have cable and I'm still watching on Saturday, antenna for the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fallout

Either way I guess I have to reup for Jets TV. Apparently Shaw decided to purge it's customer list for Jets TV to avoid potentially billing anyone during the lockout (and knowing how shitty Shaw's billing dept is, I'm sure it was the correct call) so maybe it'd be easier to just get Center Ice.
Wouldn't they black out the Jets TV games on Centre Ice?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Don Meehan on hockeycentral just said they were "not really close" with Bergevin on a contract for Subban. Fuck this.
Meehan is the same guy who did Doughty and Stamkos' contracts, it'll get done.

From Kypreos :

Hearing the #NHL #NHLPA have reached an agreement for compliance buyouts for cases like #Rangers Redden and #Canadiens Gomez. Details2follow
If there was a way to buyout Gomez this season that would be amazing.

Revenant

@andystrickland: Won't be shocked to see Chris Campoli land back in Ottawa #Sens"

http://i.minus.com/iwqtmqLQpDD71.gif

just put him with defensive mastermind Erik Karlsson and he'll be okay

This is fucking bullshit if teams get special treatment just because they were EXTRA stupid.

Flyers are gonna get boned for being just stupid enough, but not offensively stupid.

I mean hey the Hawks wouldn't mind a special buyout either at this point I bet....this seems awfully weird.

Hackel had an article yesterday talking about how it seemed unfair and maybe a breach of the CBA to prevent them from playing this season.

http://nhl-red-light.si.com/2013/01/14/gomez-redden-become-nhls-first-cba-casualties/?sct=uk_t12_a2

So let him practice and sit in the press box every night

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper

With new agreement, 1st buyout window will start prior 2 season opener. 2nd one remains in summer. Cap hit stays 4 rest of this season only

Does he mean season as in Saturday?!?! Goodbye Komisarek

Top Bottom