• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Berkshire complaining about Redmond being put on waivers and calling his pairing with Barberio as "dominant" is hilarious and another great example of the advanced stats not showing the complete picture. Barberio has been good, but bumping him from the 5th-6th spot isn't going to kill the team.

Berkshire complaining about Redmond being put on waivers and calling his pairing with Barberio as "dominant" is hilarious and another great example of the advanced stats not showing the complete picture. Barberio has been good, but bumping him from the 5th-6th spot isn't going to kill the team.

I actually thought Redmond was better than Barberio from what I watched from him.

imBask

Banned

DOMINANT!

Red_Man

I actually thought Redmond was better than Barberio from what I watched from him.
He had moments, but overall he didn't stand out much defensively or offensively. Barberio is at least a better puck mover, and Pateryn was playing quite well before he was injured.

Red_Man

Dreger: I know Bergevin and the Canadiens want Duchene that’s no secret...but does he have the appetite to pay the enormous asking price
Personally I don't see Bergevin biting, especially if they need Sergachev included.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
The Trump supporter that I still interact with from time to time is the type of guy that will say global warming is a sham, that all of the science behind it is bullshit, won't engage with why the science specifically is bullshit and will link me to Breitbart articles about it being bullshit as a counterpoint to me showing him legitimate data sets.

Last thing he said to me about anything political? That I was believing everything I read on the internet when Trump established the gag order on the EPA. Wouldn't engage further, wouldn't talk about it as fact. This is a guy who says he loves the constitution first and foremost. It's bizarre, the lengths people will go to justify their choices. What's so hard about admitting a mistake? Why dig your heels in when you're wrong?

Maybe Dopey can shine some light on this.

I have a few American friends on Facebook and one just keeps diggin in too. Things are a complete mess!

Personally I don't see Bergevin biting, especially if they need Sergachev included.

Replace Sergachev with Beaulieu and Juulsen and you have a deal Colorado.

I don't feel comfortable with giving up Sergachev

We can always add a Goalie Prospect too and maybe a foward like Hudon too

imBask

Banned
Quebec City radio hosts (especially Radio X) are well known right-winged idiots who like to provoke by spewing very offensive trash (classic moments include : saying an handicapped person shouldn't be on TV around dinner time, betting on who's going to die in 2016, etc), and they're being targeted hard this morning for encouraging stuff that could've lead to the attack on the mosque.

Unless i'm mistaken, Radio X is the #1 or close to be the #1 radio station in Quebec City

this is also why i'm very hard on Quebec City when we're talking about the Nordiques comeback, joking aside

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Marc Staal and Jesper Fast are back in the lineup against the BJs, which means Lindberg and Clendening are out.

There is literally NO excuse for sitting Clendening at this point. The only possible argument would be to try to showcase Klein for a trade, but that doesn't really hold water since Klein has been shitty.

Oh, and AV's new contract is for significantly more than previously reported. They've canceled the last year on his current contract (next season) and replaced it with a new one on the new contract, effectively making his new deal a three year extension instead of 2. $4m in 2017-18, $4m in 2018-19, $4.25m in 2019-20.

PillarEN

I take it those teams have already had their bye week? Feels like teams play every other day already. Didn't Detroit opt to have 3 games in a row thanks to rescheduling the game in Carolina lol?

I take it those teams have already had their bye week? Feels like teams play every other day already. Didn't Detroit opt to have 3 games in a row thanks to rescheduling the game in Carolina lol?

What was the point of the bye week again? If they had player safety in mind it kind of defeats the purpose if in order to have a bye week they have to play a shitload of hockey at the end of the season.

A game every other day isn't bad at all but it's the 3 games in 4 nights situations that suck.

Pikma

Banned
The DaLLast Shitstars have not beaten the Toronto Racist Leafs since 1678, but that my friends is about to change

With all odds against us, a monkey coaching the team, one of two dead bodies in the net, an incredibly underwhelming offense (according to our GM) and a powerplay unit so bad it has allowed as many goals as they've scored, we will be able to come out on top from this battle against a team full of elite players from top to bottom, probably the most stacked roster I've seen in my whole 78 years of watching hockey.

Let's go

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Heeeeeeey, we want some Bailey!

NQunWaK.png

https://twitter.com/BaileyLAKings/status/826491343488774155

Ignore the comments below! FAKE NEWS!

I remember a game against the Stars like 2 or 3 years ago when the Leafs were truly in the shitter and Trevor fucking Smith scored the OT winner. They won so few games that year and I actually watched that one beginning to end so I'll remember it forever.

Galchenyuk added to IR

He might be back on Thursday. I don't know where you read he's on IR, still day to day.

Fake News!

Hey Bask, your boy Markov is back, Nesterov plays with him, Pateryn might be back too and of course the Prodigal son of Quebec returns: Davey Boy is back boys

Red_Man

Really hope he plays Thursday, I'll be at the game. Last time I went Price was injured.

Socreges

Banned
He might be back on Thursday. I don't know where you read he's on IR, still day to day.

Fake News!

Hey Bask, your boy Markov is back, Nesterov plays with him, Pateryn might be back too and of course the Prodigal son of Quebec returns: Davey Boy is back boys
The score, Yahoo, and ESPN

*shrug

Top Bottom