• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
OK Habs-age, I like most of you (lol you suck Solo, go home), but why do you guys fap over Eller so much?

All I saw was the TSN replay (possibly the issue there) but... All he did was score a goal and then a SO goal? BGallys tip-in was impressive regardless.. But this is all against the Sens. It was only his 4th goal of the year too. Don't get me wrong, he's no scrub, but he's not exactly more than the definition of 'depth'.

He's the Bonino of the Habs. And Bonino was a throw-in from a Sharks trade.

Is this all because of some deep seeded need for him to produce because he's the product of shipping Halak?

Well first of all, he's a big skilled centre, that has been something of an urban legend in Montreal for a long time, but it's pretty much deserved the way he's been playing lately, and last night he was dominant every shift. Unlike Desharnais, who puts up points, Eller can also play a tough shutdown role against other teams top lines.

He'd have more points if he was given PP time.

If he keeps up his play this season, we should be able to trade Plekanec for a good winger, and slot Eller into the top centre.

They blew a 2 goal against an AHL team and needed a shootout to win. But hey Therrien for Jack Adams, Subban for the Norris, Bergevin for GM of the year, Galchenyuk for the Calder etc.

You seem pretty salty. Do you actually want to argue against any of those btw? Other than Gallagher over Galchenyuk, all of those people have a legitimate shot at winning those awards. I noticed you didn't mention Price for Vezina so maybe you were actually making a post about legitimate candidates.

Well first of all, he's a big skilled centre, that has been something of an urban legend in Montreal for a long time, but it's pretty much deserved the way he's been playing lately, and last night he was dominant every shift. Unlike Desharnais, who puts up points, Eller can also play a tough shutdown role against other teams top lines.

He'd have more points if he was given PP time.

If he keeps up his play this season, we should be able to trade Plekanec for a good winger, and slot Eller into the top centre role.

Now THAT makes sense. And the productivity of shutdown D and two-way offense is never truly highlighted in TSN coverage.

But still... Congratulations on finally getting your next steps towards a 1C?

You've got 11 games to make this situation happen.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
They blew a 2 goal against an AHL team and needed a shootout to win. But hey Therrien for Jack Adams, Subban for the Norris, Bergevin for GM of the year, Galchenyuk for the Calder etc.

Subban has been playing great. 20 points in 20 games. We all know how much Ottawa fans respect points by a D-man. I'm not saying he should get the Norris,but if he keeps playing like he has he should be considered. Gams wouldn't have went to a shootout except for Prices brain farts. Also it is Gallagher for the Calder not Galchenyuk ;)

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Now THAT makes sense. And the productivity of shutdown D and two-way offense is never truly highlighted in TSN coverage.

But still... Congratulations on finally getting your next steps towards a 1C?

You've got 11 games to make this situation happen.

I wouldn't trade Plekanec until the summer. Depth at centre isn't something you throw away going into the playoffs.

You're now going through what every fan of every other team has had to go through at least once or twice in this past decade.

If you survive this, you will be a true fan.

Hang in there. Serve your time. Your redemption will come.

Case in point: ... Hi, I'm Dastardly, and over there is Heretic! Ask us about last season!

You aren't helping.

THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH ARABS TENDERS

They are, how shall I say this, quite tender...

6t2oCRq.jpg

You seem pretty salty. Do you actually want to argue against any of those btw? Other than Gallagher over Galchenyuk, all of those people have a legitimate shot at winning those awards. I noticed you didn't mention Price for Vezina so maybe you were actually making a post about legitimate candidates.

No I am not salty just pissed reading people calling the Sens Nashville East, but that's HF for you. I just gotta stop going there.

You guys have a really good team, you'll never hear any different from me(salty moments aside). And yeah all of those are fairly legit candidates for sure.

Subban has been playing great. 20 points in 20 games. We all know how much Ottawa fans respect points by a D-man.

Yes we do :)

Subban is damn good as well.

The only thing I have against Montreal is that you are in our division.

Solo

OK Habs-age, I like most of you (lol you suck Solo, go home), but why do you guys fap over Eller so much?

:_(

As for Eller, he played amazingly last night. Great at both ends of the ice, asserted himself, threw hits, scored goals, had one BEAST shift at the end of the game where he had like 4 takeways. He's a player any team would want. And what you non-Habs fans don't see is that he is getting noticeably more confident and stronger each week.

I'd take him over anyone on your team not named Perry, Ryan or Selanne (LOL Getzlaf albatross contract).

Oh dear...

Only acknowledging it because Wyshynski retweeted it.

CRAZED IT'LL BE OKAY, DON'T LOOK.

8tHEy.jpg

You guys are seriously not helping in any way, can the world just end like now please or can the NHL somehow go up in flames tomorrow and it ceases to exist, that would make me extremely happy.

We need a new coach too. Might as well replace Babcock Jr. With the real thing.

Will take Todd back as an assistant under Babs please.

Solo

Next season our centres should be Eller, Pleks (if not traded), Gally, Noke. In that order.

Also....Tinordi called up!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Next season our centres should be Eller, Pleks (if not traded), Gally, Noke. In that order.

Also....Tinordi called up!

DD at wing? If so, I agree. He's terrible at faceoffs, and I think he'd be able to translate his game to the wing.

Solo

DD at wing? If so, I agree. He's terrible at faceoffs, and I think he'd be able to translate his game to the wing.

Yes, DD at wing. He's too small to play centre in the NHL over the long haul, and our other centres are better at being centres. DD on the second line wing or something.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
J.T. Miller turns 20 today. Would be nice if he could get back on the scoreboard again tonight against the Jets.

In other news, it sounds like the team really is considering shipping Gaborik. I'd still guess the odds of us trading him by the deadline are pretty darn low, but if some kind of amazing deal pops up, the possibility exists that he might get moved. Gaby has a no trade clause but the team does have a list of teams that he would accept a trade to.

Only going to happen if it's going to legitimately improve the team.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Oh dear...

Only acknowledging it because Wyshynski retweeted it.

om mwa xox

Though Heretic deserves unquestioned love from all on this forum. Don't relate my douchiness with him. That's like saying Callahan is a great Captain despite Avery or Brett Sutter is a great coach despite being affiliated with the LA Kings.

What's the source for this Datsyuk stuff?

Solo

What Dastardly conveniently forgot to bold:

The Eastern Conference thing. Got that too. Primeau. Lindros. Crosby. Malkin. Pronger. Five big names from two different eras. All of them fuzzy from concussions. All in the East. Yes. The Western Conference has its share. Corey Perry's making sure of that. But the East is a rougher conference. Always has been. Datsyuk isn't scared of it. We've seen him give back. But he wants to be sure the Russian people see him at his best, if only for one or two seasons.

WC is for boys. EC is for men.

:lol Western Conference

In other news, it sounds like the team really is considering shipping Gaborik. I'd still guess the odds of us trading him by the deadline are pretty darn low, but if some kind of amazing deal pops up, the possibility exists that he might get moved. Gaby has a no trade clause but the team does have a list of teams that he would accept a trade to.

Can't imagine who will take an injury prone forward on such a contract with cap going down and 1 year left on his deal.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
* 5 games vs. two teams (3 Home/2 Away vs. one team, 2 Home/3 Away vs. one team) AND 4 games vs. five teams (2 Home/2 Away). Teams rotated on a yearly basis.

Could be lopsided if a team gets 5 games against the two worst teams in the division. I guess it shouldn't matter too much over the course of a season.

TUSR

Banned
I have Canucks tickets, 100$ for for pair if you want to pick them up in Kelowna.

Also, Pinizzotto recalled from the Wolves.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
At least it's the shitty declining Red Wings coming to the EC now, and not the dominant perennial playoff team of the last 2 decades.

Glad to see Tinordi called up, can't wait to see him play. Hopefully he doesn't shy away from clearing the net and such.

Boston went to a shootout against Ottawa too, LOL what a shit team

All I saw was the TSN replay (possibly the issue there) but... All he did was score a goal and then a SO goal? BGallys tip-in was impressive regardless.. But this is all against the Sens. It was only his 4th goal of the year too. Don't get me wrong, he's no scrub, but he's not exactly more than the definition of 'depth'.

He's the Bonino of the Habs. And Bonino was a throw-in from a Sharks trade.

Is this all because of some deep seeded need for him to produce because he's the product of shipping Halak?
He's been mismanaged ever since he came over and he's finally progressing into what a lot of Hab fans expected. A dominant, 2 way center with a mean streak. He controlled the flow every time he was on the ice last night, and Hab fans high pretty high expectations from him seeing as he was the only real piece in the Halak trade. It's taken him a while, but he's finally found the gear he needs to be as good as he can be.

Osorio

With that re-alignment approved does that mean expansion is in the cards?

Can't see how it's cool to have unbalanced conferences like that

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Don't underestimate desperate/stupid GMs.

I fully expect Ken Holland to eliminate the team's future this year for an aging forward with an expiring contract and a 1st-round exit from the playoffs.

Top Bottom