• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2013 |OT| 3rd Degree Assault. 2nd Degree Kidnapping. 1st Degree Racism

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It was at the end of a game during a line brawl, Thrower didn't Ray Emery him but it was definitely a mismatch.

If you watch the video, you see Shinkaruk actually has his BACK turned towards Thrower. Not exactly how a proper fight starts. then he gets pummeled hard.

Acid08

Banned
Yeah it was the same when he was with the Wild. He just gets injured too much to be very effective. Who is he playing with? And losing Burns has to be part of that losing streak, right? When is he back?

And most players in the league are faster than Heatley, but thankfully he's gone after this season. As more and more time goes on and I don't see any improvement in his game I'm almost starting to think he retires after this season. He's just no longer effective.
Burns was a big part too but we were winning games without him before Havlat came back. It's obviously ridiculous to blame all of those loses only on Havlat but he certainly hasn't been much of a contributor. This season he really hasn't found a place in the lineup but last year he mostly played on Couture's line with Marleau. He has minimal chemistry there but it's really nothing special. They've tried him on every line but Thornton's this season and nothing has worked well.

No idea when Burns is back, they haven't said anything about what his injury is. He has been practicing with the team for about a week. Went from no contact, to contact, and back to no contact. Hope he's back soon. He's such a forecheck monster.

Heatley seems like a total bum now. Way too slow for the game now. Is he just invisible night in night out?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If you watch the video, you see Shinkaruk actually has his BACK turned towards Thrower. Not exactly how a proper fight starts. then he gets pummeled hard.
Bruin's wanted to draft him but the Habs got him first, should tell you what kind of player he is.

Added you guys to PSN. Using the Playstation android app for doing this is so much easier.

I think tonight battle of Alberta is gonna be a great game. Two young teams with nothing to lose at the moment. I want some rope a dope balls out action.

It actually let you add me?

Vman

Burns was a big part too but we were winning games without him before Havlat came back. It's obviously ridiculous to blame all of those loses only on Havlat but he certainly hasn't been much of a contributor. This season he really hasn't found a place in the lineup but last year he mostly played on Couture's line with Marleau. He has minimal chemistry there but it's really nothing special. They've tried him on every line but Thornton's this season and nothing has worked well.

No idea when Burns is back, they haven't said anything about what his injury is. He has been practicing with the team for about a week. Went from no contact, to contact, and back to no contact. Hope he's back soon. He's such a forecheck monster.

Heatley seems like a total bum now. Way too slow for the game now. Is he just invisible night in night out?

His problem is not effort, he just can't skate. You can tell he tries and often gets robbed a couple times but it's just not working out for him. He is still good on the pp but again, no speed. I know we pay him 7.5 mill but I like him on the 4th line against weaker players. He's shown signs of improvement lately and is actually pretty good in the defensive zone. And you hear nothing but positives about him off the ice and in the locker room.

RC

Banned
Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks 1h
"I might keep it." Kassian on his #Movember stache. https://twitter.com/VanCanucks/status/401814188667854848/photo/1

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

h3lBIPr.jpg

Smiley90

Sent.

Has anyone tried both AC4 and KZ on the PS4? Trying to decide between the two.

Giantbomb stream of AC4 yesterday said the game doesn't look much better than the PS3 version, BUT that it apparently runs noticeably more smoothly.

Most likely that's how all launch titles are gonna be... slightly better looking titles that would be laggy on current-gen, but are smooth on next-gen.

Giantbomb stream of AC4 yesterday said the game doesn't look much better than the PS3 version, BUT that it apparently runs noticeably more smoothly.

Most likely that's how all launch titles are gonna be... slightly better looking titles that would be laggy on current-gen, but are smooth on next-gen.
Unless it's CoD which runs badly across the board. Which is why the whole 720p thing is so funny, as it wasn't really the consoles fault, but the inept ability of Infinity Ward.

Infinity Ward is a piece of shit. Awaiting my ban and reset for being matched into a modded lobby when searching for a domination lobby.

Hm. Interesting... Wondering if the visual wow is worth it or not... I think I might go for KZ. Could potentially get two games. So I'll likely get both.

Did anyone install 1.5 via USB?

KZ is fun enough to be the best of the shooter series. Resogun is hands down the best exclusive on PS4 right now, arguably the best game on the platform but I'm not an asscreed guy.

KZ is fun enough to be the best of the shooter series. Resogun is hands down the best exclusive on PS4 right now, arguably the best game on the platform but I'm not an asscreed guy.

I don't know, man...How can you top the peak of the series with that awesome mediocrity of Killzone 2?

I don't know, man...How can you top the peak of the series with that awesome mediocrity of Killzone 2?

I haven't liked any KZ games at all save for Liberation. I'm having fun with Shadow Fall though, it's stupid as fuck but really beautiful and competent enough to enjoy. Haven't messed with MP yet, want to do that tomorrow for sure.

Here's Resogun's launch trailer? Or some trailer, shit is so good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNIsKC1YDYo

Smiley90

Alright. Will grab KZ and AC4 then. Hopefully PS+ is up long enough for me to download Resogun and the rest tomorrow.

I thought you weren't home and getting it til Monday?

Also AC is one of my favourite franchises. People say it gets repetitive after a while ("all games are the same"), but the gameplay itself I love. And those same people also buy every COD, so... yeah. Especially if you haven't played that many AC games, AC4 is probably one of the best launch titles you can get.

I thought you weren't home and getting it til Monday?

Also AC is one of my favourite franchises. People say it gets repetitive after a while ("all games are the same"), but the gameplay itself I love. And those same people also buy every COD, so... yeah. Especially if you haven't played that many AC games, AC4 is probably one of the best launch titles you can get.

I've had a serious AC fatigue since after 2. I loved 2 and have hated every single one after it. There are two things they could do to convince me to buy another AC, really awesome sci-fi setting or a Feudal Japan setting. Would buy either of those instantly.

Samyy

Infinity Ward is a piece of shit. Awaiting my ban and reset for being matched into a modded lobby when searching for a domination lobby.

Hm. Interesting... Wondering if the visual wow is worth it or not... I think I might go for KZ. Could potentially get two games. So I'll likely get both.

Did anyone install 1.5 via USB?

Did online install, no issues.

Smiley90

I've had a serious AC fatigue since after 2. I loved 2 and have hated every single one after it. There are two things they could do to convince me to buy another AC, really awesome sci-fi setting or a Feudal Japan setting. Would buy either of those instantly.

"An internal Ubisoft email could have revealed potential settings for upcoming Assassin’s Creed games.

13th century Egypt.
14th century Ashikaga Shogunate Japan
18th century French Revolution
19th century Napoleonic War or Taiwan
20th Century summer of love (What the fuck? This has to be Woodstock or something like that, hippy years.)"

Future doesn't make any sense in terms of the whole theme of the games (tapping into people's "genetic memories"). No memories from the future. But Japan is probably gonna happen sooner or later. :p

Spl1nter

‏@jonasTSN1050 2s
Peter Holland lined up alongside Phil Kessel and James van Riemsdyk. van Riemsdyk returns to the wing after four games at centre.

Thank god. Lupul was playing more centre than JVR on that line.

Smiley90

Future only doesn't make sense without time travel Smelly. Also I could totally be into an ancient Egypt AC if it's done right.

The rumours are based on an internal email and this picture:

assassins-osiris-egypt.jpg

That leaked some time ago. So it's got some credibility.

Japan&Egypt sounds pretty badass. France is too much like Britain, kinda meh.

The rumours are based on an internal email and this picture:

assassins-osiris-egypt.jpg

That leaked some time ago. So it's got some credibility.

Japan&Egypt sounds pretty badass. France is too much like Britain, kinda meh.

The french revolution time period would be fucking terrible to witness. I don't think I'd even want to see footage.

Smiley90

That was the Prince of Persia reboot that got canned.

I'm pretty sure the latest news/update on that picture was that it was ASSUMED to be the canned PoP reboot, but then people started speculating that it might've actually been from an AC in development.

I'm pretty sure the latest news/update on that picture was that it was ASSUMED to be the canned PoP reboot, but then people started speculating that it might've actually been from an AC in development.

I know they used concept art from it in Assassins Creed IV that you can find when you're out of the Animus. I would actually really like a Egypt set Assassins Creed, or Russia. I could see them deciding that PoP has been burned out and changing it to an Assassins game, more money.

Smiley90

I know they used concept art from it in Assassins Creed IV that you can find when you're out of the Animus. I would actually really like a Egypt set Assassins Creed, or Russia.

Found what I remembered

Pay particular attention to e.g. the scar on the character's head. If it was just used as concept art, why make the main character look EXACTLY like the guy from the PoP screenshot? Would make sense they'd use everything that was already made.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
CBC just said that Gallagher is good to go for tonight.

Thank fuck, I bet even a sick Gallagher competes more than 99% of players.

For some reason Shaw stopped letting me tune into other CBC channels other than the Toronto one, looks like I'll have to watch the game on RDS.

Odds on Desharnais lining up for the first draw?

Phew! Possibility of winning now 25%.

Why was Brière on the 4th yesterday??

Because it looked like Pacioretty and Briere were developing some chemistry, so Therrien decided to move Desharnais up to that line instead, and they were invisible for the rest of the game.

Top Bottom