• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2013 |OT| 3rd Degree Assault. 2nd Degree Kidnapping. 1st Degree Racism

ZeroGravity

Are they? The most I've seen a 3DS game was for $35... Truth be told, I haven't bought a game myself in a long time. I pay for it but my girlfriend picks it up for me. I just assumed they were $30/$35 and WiiU were $50...
Some Wii U games are $50, some are $60. Though usually the big Nintendo games are 60.

Acid08

Banned
Thinking about it today, DW really took a huge risk that has paid off tremendously when he traded McGinn in favor of Wingels. At the time McGinn was a much more complete player but DW was out there talking up Wingels a lot and it's working out now. McGinn is still bigger and hits harder but Wingels plays the same type of game with a much higher hockey IQ. Kid is really shining right now.

Thinking about it today, DW really took a huge risk that has paid off tremendously when he traded McGinn in favor of Wingels. At the time McGinn was a much more complete player but DW was out there talking up Wingels a lot and it's working out now. McGinn is still bigger and hits harder but Wingels plays the same type of game with a much higher hockey IQ. Kid is really shining right now.

Spread your Wingels.

8bitDevil

Banned
After getting some hands-on time with the Wii U for the first time this past weekend, I must say, it really bums me out that there isn't a version of NHL 14 available for it.

If anything, I hope the Wii U does well enough this Holiday for EA to re-consider putting some of their Sports titles back on the platform next Fall. Either that or someone else steps in and fills that niche.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Boullion hurt or just swapping?
Swapping, there will be a lot of this as long as everyone is healthy. Neither Bouillion or Murray should be playing every night, switch them out depending on the team. Caps have one of the best PP's, if not the best, and the Habs PK still hasn't let in a goal while Murray is on the ice.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Swapping, there will be a lot of this as long as everyone is healthy. Neither Bouillion or Murray should be playing every night, switch them out depending on the team. Caps have one of the best PP's, if not the best, and the Habs PK still hasn't let in a goal while Murray is on the ice.

Makes sense. Barring no further injuries I wonder if they will bring Tinordi back at all.

Red_Man

Makes sense. Barring no further injuries I wonder if they will bring Tinordi back at all.
Not really any room for him, which is disappointing. He's regressed a bit since going back to Hamilton too, he hasn't been the same since Therrien called him out in preseason for being out of position after going for a hit. Transition year, going to be a lot of clean up after this season.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I hope they fire Lefebvre in Hamilton at some point and hire one of the young guys from the Q like Benoit Groulx, Eric Veilleux or Jean-Francois Houle. By all accounts, Lefebvre is a terrible coach, possibly even worse than Cunneyworth.

Heretic

Well third degree misdemeanor is not really what I expected if he was guilty. Now I'm just wondering more wtf happened. Hope she's doing alright.
What do you think will happen to him NHL-wise?

Also, I'd like to know what you would think should be his punishment.

Edit: my post comes off as being snarky. No bad intentions. Just curious.

What do you think will happen to him NHL-wise?

Also, I'd like to know what you would think should be his punishment.

Not a clue what will happen to his career, I think it depends on the details of the case. Same with his punishment. I'd still like to know what happened, what was classified as 3rd degree assault and the like. Kidnapping charge was dropped leading me to believe it wasn't as severe a situation as originally described, but I can't be sure. Do I want him on the team if he actually hit her? No.

Heretic

Giant Bomb Xbone stream, the way their party system works looks like total fucking garbage.
Haven't seen how it works but I don't like the fact that it's now an app. No idea why and I'm basing this on only knowing that its an app. It could be awesome for all I know.

Curufinwe

Jeff looks like he's given up on life. The Xbone broke him.

LKpJBa2.png

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Torts has amazing one-liners:

"After the loss to the Panthers: “We sucked.” Regarding special teams: “Our powerplay sucked.” On Glenn Healy’s criticism during Hockey Night in Canada: “ “I really don’t give a fuck what they say.” On Zack Kassian’s play: “crappy at times.” And, finally, on his new line combinations going into Friday’s tilt with the Blue Jackets: “We’re just throwing shit at the wall hoping something sticks.”"

I like it. :lol

RC

Banned
Torts has amazing one-liners:

"After the loss to the Panthers: “We sucked.” Regarding special teams: “Our powerplay sucked.” On Glenn Healy’s criticism during Hockey Night in Canada: “ “I really don’t give a fuck what they say.” On Zack Kassian’s play: “crappy at times.” And, finally, on his new line combinations going into Friday’s tilt with the Blue Jackets: “We’re just throwing shit at the wall hoping something sticks.”"

I like it. :lol

Please tell me there's a video of this somewhere.

Smiley90

For reference, the "shit to the wall" lines are:

Higgins-Henrik-Hansen (aka 2way line)

Daniel-Santorelli-Kesler (aka holy shit if this line can't score I don't know anymore. Those are our 3 best scorers atm lol.)

Burrows-Richardson-Kassian (aka 2 slumping players and Richardson)

Smiley90

The Sabres are debuting their third jersey on Sunday.

Poor whoever-they're-playing-against.

Smiley90

My parents stopped giving me presents when I was like... 17... It's just been money since lol. This year we're all donating to the Phillipines instead though...

Red_Man

How did they not score there? Gallagher has no fucks to give, what a warrior. Imagine if a guy like Kostitsyn had his drive?

Top Bottom