• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2013 |OT| 3rd Degree Assault. 2nd Degree Kidnapping. 1st Degree Racism

Acid08

Banned
emily-blunt-65.jpg

Schuey and Dopey both have one.

Me? #Soon

You looking at the Surface 2 or Surface Pro 2?

Well I'm wondering if the Surface 2 runs something like Office alright? Cause I'm not about to drop a grand on a tablet, and the last thing I need is another device that I can play games on. Just want something that makes sense as a tablet that I can also get some work done on.

Heretic

Well I'm wondering if the Surface 2 runs something like Office alright? Cause I'm not about to drop a grand on a tablet, and the last thing I need is another device that I can play games on. Just want something that makes sense as a tablet that I can also get some work done on.

Yes, sir. The Surface 2 come with Office for free (Excel, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word)

RC

Banned
Going out with a woman for drinks is immensely intimidating when she earns 6 figures and you're unemployed. Even worse when she pays for the drinks and expects you to return the favour next time.
I need a woman who's life isn't so put together. Maybe a cashier.

Real talk; Transfer your amazing social ability into a career.

You're obviously outgoing, confident, quick, smart and have the gift of the gab. Why not be an events manager, promoter, marketer or something similar? If you don't have the background or experience, start working towards it. Studying is just as beneficial than working.

Stop sitting on nothing and start being more than what you think you are imo.

Or is it not that simple?

RC

Banned
Real talk; Transfer your amazing social ability into a career.

You're obviously outgoing, confident, quick, smart and have the gift of the gab. Why not be an events manager, promoter, marketer or something similar? If you don't have the background or experience, start working towards it. Studying is just as beneficial than working.

Stop sitting on nothing and start being more than what you think you are imo.

Or is it not that simple?

I'm literally none of those things, sober.

I'm going back to school in January, it's a tech entry program and from there I can choose a major. Thinking computer programming.

And I hate the general public too much to get into a field that puts me in front of them.

I'm going back to school in January, it's a tech entry program and from there I can choose a major. Thinking computer programming.

And I hate the general public too much to get into a field that puts me in front of them.

Programming still puts you in front of people a fair amount more than you'd think. If you wanna work in a vacuum, try Sys Admin.

That's a two sided blade though. Sys Admining nearly destroyed my soul.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Man, I can't wait till next gen NHL, I haven't played a hockey game in like forever ;_;

yyzjohn

Banned
Sens fans, what the hell is wrong with the Sens? Are you guys really turning on McLean? I thought he was the coach that got the most out of a cobbled lineup the last couple of seasons. Is it a combination of Anderson not standing on his head anymore + Karlsson not the same post-achilles injury? From an outsider looking in, I'm really surprised the Sens are playing this badly so far.

Samyy

Sens fans, what the hell is wrong with the Sens? Are you guys really turning on McLean? I thought he was the coach that got the most out of a cobbled lineup the last couple of seasons. Is it a combination of Anderson not standing on his head anymore + Karlsson not the same post-achilles injury? From an outsider looking in, I'm really surprised the Sens are playing this badly so far.

Weren't a lot of people speculating that Anderson was playing above his ability last year?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
You may have made a sale.

just remember he's talking about the surface 2 and not the pro 2- office isn't free on the pro

if you need VB in excel, then surface 2 is a no

I bought an RT and Pro 2 last month... RT is alright but its slowness combined with IE is beyond irritating (I hear the surface 2 is much better than the RT in this scenario)

Pro 2 is godly though. Easily best tablet I have ever owned (ipad/ipad 3/playbook/ nexus7) just having the ability to use x86 apps is soooooooooo useful

but the battery life could be better... That's the only disappointing thing about the device. Well that and nowhere to put the damned stylus

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!

Our defense is playing like a bunch of pussies and our goaltenders have turned off god mode. We also lost 35 seasons worth of experience and leadership in Alfredsson and Gonchar over the off season. Also, we have an aging Phillips and Neil playing a bigger role on the team than they should be.

Maclean has made some strange coaching decisions, but 90% of the blame is on the players.

TUSR

Banned

Become an engineer.

Edit: Apparently Destiny is now confirmed not being built for PC.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ryan Callahan is planning to play Wednesday against the Penguins.

EDIT: Nope, strike that, Cally is in TONIGHT against the Ducks.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
just remember he's talking about the surface 2 and not the pro 2- office isn't free on the pro

if you need VB in excel, then surface 2 is a no

I bought an RT and Pro 2 last month... RT is alright but its slowness combined with IE is beyond irritating (I hear the surface 2 is much better than the RT in this scenario)

Pro 2 is godly though. Easily best tablet I have ever owned (ipad/ipad 3/playbook/ nexus7) just having the ability to use x86 apps is soooooooooo useful

but the battery life could be better... That's the only disappointing thing about the device. Well that and nowhere to put the damned stylus

I find 8.1 on RT is solid. Surface 2 is definitely a nice bump though (performance, screen and kickstand). If you are doing general Office stuff the RT is great.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Why in the fuck is JT Miller getting scratched to let Cally into the lineup instead of Taylor Pyatt?

Seriously, what kind of pictures of AV does Pyatt have?

Holy shit. My Dualshock 4 came in the mail. This is like god's controller. It fits so perfectly in the hand. It's like a hand orgasm. Controller of the forever. I will use this one for illegal purposes on my PC.

Most eally bad defensive play from the team. Cowen, Gryba and Wiercioch have one season at most of NHL experience. Karlsson is looking better with every game although he probably has too much pressure on him now since almost everyone else sucks. The forwards aren't doing a good job of supporting the D. Only the Turris line has been consistently good.

Anderson has come back down to earth somewhat but the team is giving up so many shots per game he's getting hung out to dry.

Guys like Spezza, Cowen and Michalek who were injured most of last year are having problems.

MacLean has made some bizarre line combinations but I think it's about trying to wake the fucking team up.

And we lost some key vets in Gonchar and Alfie so things are probably still sorting themselves out there in terms of leadership etc/ There might be some dissension as I imagine everyone knows how Alfie was thrown under the bus this summer.

Solo

Bourque – Plekanec – Gionta
Pacioretty – Galchenyuk – Gallagher
Leblanc – Eller – Bourque
Desharnais – White – Parros

Interesting! Love DD on the 4th line.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Bourque – Plekanec – Gionta
Pacioretty – Galchenyuk – Gallagher
Leblanc – Eller – Bourque
Desharnais – White – Parros

Interesting! Love DD on the 4th line.

PGG looked good in the 3rd on Saturday. Briere can play with Eller abnd Bourque soon. Emelin should be back very soon as well. Can't wait to have him back in the lineup.

Solo

PGG looked good in the 3rd on Saturday. Briere can play with Eller abnd Bourque soon. Emelin should be back very soon as well. Can't wait to have him back in the lineup.

Habs basically have to tread .500 water til December. If they do that and get Prust, Emelin, Briere back, we'll have a fighting shot.

No Tanguay at practice today. That was to be expected, but I hope it's not too serious. We need McGinn back soon.

Edit: Apparently Benoit isn't at practice either, who has been really solid this year, hope it's just a maintenance day.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Habs basically have to tread .500 water til December. If they do that and get Prust, Emelin, Briere back, we'll have a fighting shot.

Wish Tinordi was in the lineup. Maybe it is better for him to have one more season in Hamilton?

Programming still puts you in front of people a fair amount more than you'd think. If you wanna work in a vacuum, try Sys Admin.

That's a two sided blade though. Sys Admining nearly destroyed my soul.
I can concur with this advice. My mother groomed me for sysadmin work when I was young, she did it for 13 years and got away with being a functioning alcoholic for the duration cause of how isolated it is.

Top Bottom