• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2013 |OT| 3rd Degree Assault. 2nd Degree Kidnapping. 1st Degree Racism

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I can concur with this advice. My mother groomed me for sysadmin work when I was young, she did it for 13 years and got away with being a functioning alcoholic for the duration cause of how isolated it is.

... Then why did she groom you for it Oo

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
DD isn't confirmed to be on the 4th line yet, may be in the press box. Finally putting A.Gally where he belongs, bueno.

Habs basically have to tread .500 water til December. If they do that and get Prust, Emelin, Briere back, we'll have a fighting shot.
Emelin was practing in a normal jersey today, and Briere doesn't have any more concussion symptoms, so they should both be back sooner then later. Once Briere is back DD is a goner.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
DD isn't confirmed to be on the 4th line yet, may be in the press box. Finally putting A.Gally where he belongs, bueno.

Emelin was practing in a normal jersey today, and Briere doesn't have any more concussion symptoms, so they should both be back sooner then later. Once Briere is back DD is a goner.

I don't think Therrien has given DD enough chances to succeed yet. Let him replace PK on the backend.

Smiley90

Cause I loved computers and going to work with her. She had me programming a movie ticket calculator in visual basic when I was like 6.

You have no idea how tempted I am to make a race-based comment.

That's... Pretty intense.

Stasis

Why in the fuck is JT Miller getting scratched to let Cally into the lineup instead of Taylor Pyatt?

Seriously, what kind of pictures of AV does Pyatt have?

Yeah I don't get it now either. Miller's game vs. the Canes wasn't amazing, but neither was Pyatt's. I'm not sure what the deal is. It's a scratch though, so maybe he'll be back in next game and Pyatt will be out... maybe AV's trying to feel it out.

I'm also all for having some added toughness, but at the very least I'd see Miller taking that 4C spot over Mashinter rather than being in the press box.

Yeah I don't get it now either. Miller's game vs. the Canes wasn't amazing, but neither was Pyatt's. I'm not sure what the deal is. It's a scratch though, so maybe he'll be back in next game and Pyatt will be out... maybe AV's trying to feel it out.

I'm also all for having some added toughness, but at the very least I'd see Miller taking that 4C spot over Mashinter rather than being in the press box.

If the place in the Rangers lineup is 4C for Miller then he needs to be playing in Hartford where he will be playing 1C.

No Tanguay at practice today. That was to be expected, but I hope it's not too serious. We need McGinn back soon.

Edit: Apparently Benoit isn't at practice either, who has been really solid this year, hope it's just a maintenance day.

Tanguay is out a minimum of two weeks. Benoit will be available Wednesday, McGinn is playing on Wednesday, Barrie sent to Lake Eerie and wait for it.. wait for iiiiiiiiiit.... Hunwick has been called up. However, Roy is saying that it's because Barrie needs to play and there is no spot for him in the lineup. As long as this means Hunwick will be sent back down if we do need another defenseman to dress, I'm cool with it.

Helicopter mom.

Coming this Thursday, a new SciFi channel original movie: Helicopter Mom.

"She brought you into this world the same way she'll take out out of it--full of screams. Helicopter Mom's blades of fury will return in Helicopter Mom Part II: Rotary Reveangenance, the Return of Chopper Seven."

jcyoM3aVTOMPC.jpg

Dat namesake.

Except in the wrong order.

"You probably got twix or texts or twiddle dees, or whatever ... you probably got a bunch of stuff about how the coach is grumpy."

Grampa Hitch doesn't care for your rock music and twix.

Smiley90

Santorelli is 5th in the NHL among centres in faceoffs with 59.6%

Becomes a more amazing pickup the longer this keeps up.

RC

Banned
Become engineer and make 6 figures

Not always. I have two friends who are engineers, one graduated with a degree in computer engineering and now works as a project manager for IE with Microsoft. Makes well in the excess of 6 figures.
The other graduated with a degree in mechanical engineering and struggled to find any kind of employment, even worked at Shoppers drug mart for a bit. He went back back to school to supplement his education and now finally has a relatively mediocre paying job in web design.

And unlike those two I've always struggled with math and physics. I'd get eaten alive taking any sort of engineering anything.

Giggzy

Sbiza is back tonight! Good to have another big body on D. Koivu is symptom free and will be playing Wednesday. One more week for Selanne. We're starting to get healthy :D Please no more injuries tonight rangers-gaf

TUSR

Banned
Not always. I have two friends who are engineers, one graduated with a degree in computer engineering and now works as a project manager for IE with Microsoft. Makes well in the excess of 6 figures.
The other graduated with a degree in mechanical engineering and struggled to find any kind of employment, even worked at Shoppers drug mart for a bit. He went back back to school to supplement his education and now finally has a relatively mediocre paying job in web design.

Not mention I've always struggled with math and physics. I'd get eaten alive taking any sort of engineering anything.

Your mech bro did something wrong.

I've already got a job lined up for April. People are itching to grab grads and coop students.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That goes without saying.

I'd just prefer him there than where he'll be tonight... the press box.

Not a big deal either way.

I wonder if AV is just playing mind games with him. Just look at what scratching Zucc for a game managed to do. J.T. doesn't sound very happy about it either.

Quick

Banned
PTI is calling out Bettman for the Emery situation.

"Bettman should act like a commissioner and find a way to deal with it."

Smiley90

Your mech bro did something wrong.

I've already got a job lined up for April. People are itching to grab grads and coop students.

Job in Vancouver?

I thought you weren't graduating for a while

Erdrick

Going to the Jets Vs. Wings game tonight. First time to see them live in nearly 20 years. Of course, no Yzerman, Fedorov or Osgood this time around.

I just hope the game is entertaining... The last few have been pretty bland to be at.

TUSR

Banned
Job in Vancouver?

I thought you weren't graduating for a while
I got an offer and I have a while to figure out if that's what I want to do for another coop.

It's in Kamloops doing some things for a really good wage.

But fuck kamloops.

pringles

Going to the Jets Vs. Wings game tonight. First time to see them live in nearly 20 years. Of course, no Yzerman, Fedorov or Osgood this time around.

I just hope the game is entertaining... The last few have been pretty bland to be at.
Apparently the Wings are the only team yet to be in Winnipeg since they came back.

Detroit's starting to get their act together and with Helm in the lineup they're always more fun to watch, and the Jets are desperate to win so I think it could be a good one.

Smiley90

I got an offer and I have a while to figure out if that's what I want to do for another coop.

It's in Kamloops doing some things for a really good wage.

But fuck kamloops.

Coop jobs are easier to get than post-graduate jobs though... But yeah, AFAIK you won't have trouble getting getting a job in engineering after you graduate IF you're willing to move somewhere sub-par.

Heretic

Sbiza is back tonight! Good to have another big body on D. Koivu is symptom free and will be playing Wednesday. One more week for Selanne. We're starting to get healthy :D Please no more injuries tonight rangers-gaf

Wooooooooooooooooooooooo! Also, Andersen in net today. Kind of nervous about that.

Top Bottom