• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2013 |OT| 3rd Degree Assault. 2nd Degree Kidnapping. 1st Degree Racism

Thank you !

Hiller is good and we have more up and coming keepers in the league : Tobias Stephen should make his return to the NHL soon given his current form with Servette Genève HC. I regret that he failed to make an impression at Dallas back then.

When it comes to Hiller, I would have rather had Giguère defending the net. Hiller is good but Giguère is better overall and is just being a victim of the strong tendency to judge players in the NHL based on their most recent form. A shame.

I like you already!

Oh shit shots fired Ducks gaf.

Everything considered, overall Giguere has been a better goaltender than Hiller. He had one terrible season because of his son on his mind, and Hiller had one terrible season (and postseason) because of his vertigo.

Look what's happening nowadays - Giggy is killing it again.

Kenka is right, you get a short period to prove your consistency and then you get an even shorter period to maintain it. We, as hockey fans and analysts and the league in general will always judge on small data sample sizes.

DUCKS BEST IN THE WORLD!

Wait wha-

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH ALL THIS DUCKS LOVE

WHAT'S GOING ON

I like you already!

Everything considered, overall Giguere has been a better goaltender than Hiller. He had one terrible season because of his son on his mind, and Hiller had one terrible season (and postseason) because of his vertigo.

Kenka is right, you get a short period to prove your consistency and then you get an even shorter period to maintain it. We, as hockey fans and analysts and the league in general will always judge on small data sample sizes.

Which is why the Avs are going 81-1 obviously.

Acid08

Banned
Doesn't help that we have a guaranteed loss against the Sharks coming tomorrow...
I don't know. I think Couture's line might lose the battles against the Sedin line. Pickles and Braun will need a good rebound game after yesterday's poor effort.

I'm really hoping the American Express line has a huge game. They should be able to beat your 3rd line down.

Heretic

I like you already!

Wait wha-

WHAT'S GOING ON
Loves me some Giggy! We're good in net though. If Hiller had the D that Giggy had I'm sure they would have made it past the first round. Won the cup? Not sure. Giggy was a beast. Everything came together in '07.

I won't hate on Hiller though. Was a Vezina winner for sure had he stayed healthy.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I don't know. I think Couture's line might lose the battles against the Sedin line. Pickles and Braun will need a good rebound game after yesterday's poor effort.

I'm really hoping the American Express line has a huge game. They should be able to beat your 3rd line down.

We're a one-line team atm. Maybe 2. Our 3rd and 4th lines are abysmal because of injuries. You'll beat those for sure lol.

The Canucks are .900-ish since 2011 if Kesler scores or something insane like that, so our first line is all we hope for.

Also lol@Amex line. We have a line like that too, although they're not playing together atm. (Booth-Kesler-Higgins)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bergevin is suppose to begin contract extension talks with Subban's agent in the next two weeks, I'll feel a lot better about this Therrien situation once he's signed fro 8 years / $300 M

Heretic

Bergevin is suppose to begin contract extension talks with Subban's agent in the next two weeks, I'll feel a lot better about this Therrien situation once he's signed fro 8 years / $300 M

Hiller + a 1st for Subban and AGally

That way you can avoid the whole signing him drama.

Var

Flyers have scored 3 or more goals in a game once, they are averaging 1.5 goals per game. I have never seen a team struggle so much to score. The defense and goaltending have been far better then anyone could have guessed.

I have been following them since the late 80's and I think this is the most disappointing Flyers team I have ever seen.

Loves me some Giggy! We're good in net though. If Hiller had the D that Giggy had I'm sure they would have made it past the first round. Won the cup? Not sure. Giggy was a beast. Everything came together in '07.

I won't hate on Hiller though. Was a Vezina winner for sure had he stayed healthy.

Can we replace the shutdown and puck-moving hybrid ability Neidermayer and Pronger had with anyone on our roster at the moment? We have pure role players, and some rather excelling rookies. Can we do a 2010 Colorado and have our young guys step up and deliver?

Agreed, that Vezina would've been Hillers without a doubt. I fucking hate that vertigo SO MUCH and even moreso hate the fact we had Dan Ellis and Ray Emery as our goaltending tandem.

Giroux will have to really pick it up if he wants to play in Sochi

Eugh, he's lowering Team Canadas ability to have superstar depth.

Heretic

Can we replace the shutdown and puck-moving hybrid ability Neidermayer and Pronger had with anyone on our roster at the moment? We have pure role players, and some rather excelling rookies. Can we do a 2010 Colorado and have our young guys step up and deliver?

Agreed, that Vezina would've been Hillers without a doubt. I fucking hate that vertigo SO MUCH and even moreso hate the fact we had Dan Ellis and Ray Emery as our goaltending tandem.

Eugh, he's lowering Team Canadas ability to have superstar depth.

*shivers*
Don't remind me...

I think we currently have a nice mix at the moment with Beach/Lindholm, Vatana/Allen. No young shut down D though unless we count Sbisa. What about young superstar Sheldon Souray? He looks like a young promising prospect.

Sbisa, as evident from the Rangers game, is back to his old self. Good shutdown D. Good head on his shoulders. First one to go after McDonagh after he decided to bench Perry twice, so obviously his grit is still there and the injury hasn't caused him to hesitate.

Shame the Flyers couldn't hold onto that one...

Souray. Yeah kinda don't miss him now hey. Can he just... y'know... be bought out? Or only be active on the PP? Either way, he's not bad, but he just needs to impress me to make me feel like he belongs nowadays.

*shivers*
Don't remind me...

Could be worse, our future could've been Joey McDonald and Timo Pielmeier.

oh lol, the girl I was "seeing" before I moved to Canada is at the Pens/Rags game tonight with her fiancé.

Our next 3 games are:

Sharks - guaranteed loss
Kings - UGH
Ducks - 29th pp vs 30th pp? Gonna be fun.

Battle of the lamest powerplay is going to be awesome.

Also I like versing Canucks. The games go either way. Always exciting hockey. And the smack talk in here ranges between sexual to devious.

RC

Banned
oh lol, the girl I was "seeing" before I moved to Canada is at the Pens/Rags game tonight with her fiancé.

Battle of the lamest powerplay is going to be awesome.

Also I like versing Canucks. The games go either way. Always exciting hockey. And the smack talk in here ranges between sexual to devious.

All you need to know about the Nucks/Ducks rivalry.

Keep that wood in check Apocalidiot.

I GOT SOME BUTTERNUT SQUASH PASTA FOR TONIGHTS GAME. QUACK

Do you have a pillow and cocaine?

All you need to know about the Nucks/Ducks rivalry.

Keep that wood in check Apocalidiot.

Sometimes it's just brutal gang festivities (Ducks 2013 home opener), other times it's tense cuddling and spooning with obvious hard-ons and dry humping (4-3 Canucks, 2-1 Ducks etc) but for most of the time it's a whole bunch of light foreplay until the Ducks flip the Canucks over and jizz on their backs (5-3 Ducks, Corey Perry with the GWG - the ultimate insult).

calder

Don't worry Hawks the Jets PP is a sure cure to your PK woes.

BTW if game is tied after first I'm calling the game a solid win for us... oh ffs Toews. Come on. :|

My friend @ MSG after telling her to look out for Sidney Crosby on the ice

"The guy in front of me told me to ignore Crosby because he's a douche"
"The guy behind me says Fuck Crosby"
"Why does everybody hate this guy if he's the best player in the game???"

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
What the fuck:

@AustinKarp: Surpsing on NHL jersey sales: Panthers Tim Thomas ranks 5th among all players. One of 2 goalies in top 25 (Lundqvist No. 14)

Pouliot is so bad.

God I hope we don't play the Rangers again.

Hopefully the division finishes up like this:

Penguins
Capitals
Islanders
Rangers

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't listened to that goal song link a few posts up, but in my experience the versions of the Rangers goal song that are on Youtube are not the same as what actually plays in the arena.

I showed up tonight expecting us to get demolished. What the hell is this?!

RangersFan

I haven't listened to that goal song link a few posts up, but in my experience the versions of the Rangers goal song that are on Youtube are not the same as what actually plays in the arena.

I showed up tonight expecting us to get demolished. What the hell is this?!
That's the cd version. The one they play at MSG doesn't have the "hey's" or " let's go rangers." lol I actually have that cd somewhere at my folks place. Remember playing it all the time as a kid.

Top Bottom