• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2013 |OT| 3rd Degree Assault. 2nd Degree Kidnapping. 1st Degree Racism

Stet

Banned
All copies of everything were sold out online by the time I could go on and check for my area :(

Ugh, I feel the same way. The David's Tea advent calendars were released yesterday and by the time I got to the store at 7:00 pm they were all sold out.

Ugh, I feel the same way. The David's Tea advent calendars were released yesterday and by the time I got to the store at 7:00 pm they were all sold out.

Wow, those look awesome.

Fingers crossed that I'll be able to get a copy of AC4 from my local FS. The area I live in has a pretty low population, but I fear the bargain hunters will be out in force.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Playing KI at best buy and holy fuck at the game exchange lineup

have a live audience for shit game play lol

Cake Boss

Banned
Anyone hit futureshop yet

Yeah got there at 930ish and already had a huge line. Picked up BF4 (I left the store with the game at 11:30) then went right across to Best Buy picked up COD Ghosts I had reserved, just skipped through the line and that took 5min cuz of the reservation.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah got there at 930ish and already had a huge line. Picked up BF4 (I left the store with the game at 11:30) then went right across to Best Buy picked up COD Ghosts I had reserved, just skipped through the line and that took 5min cuz of the reservation.

Fucking FS making me wait in line even though I have a reservation, lol. Oh well free game.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Scumbag Babcock

Darren Helm skated in the second-line center spot at Friday’s practice, but Babcock said there is no chance he will play there during the game. Babcock also said he is not splitting up Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg, who have carried the team.

He added, “Someone else is going to learn how to play in the second hole and play well.’’

It might be Justin Abdelkader or Joakim Andersson. It won’t be Helm, even though he practiced there with Alfredsson and Tomas Tatar. Babcock said Helm has been “outstanding’’ in three games, but his fitness level precludes even trying him on the second line.

“How are you in game shape and how do you have hands when you haven’t played in two years?’’ Babcock said. “It just doesn’t happen. If I play Helmer as many minutes as a second-line center needs, he’s going to be done.’’

Then today's headline...

Red Wings' Darren Helm looks to bring speed, energy to struggling second line against Tampa Bay

Henrik Zetterberg-Pavel Datsyuk-Todd Bertuzzi

Tomas Tatar-Darren Helm-Daniel Alfredsson

Drew Miller-Joakim Andersson-Justin Abdelkader

Daniel Cleary-Luke Glendening-Patrick Eaves

Lineup is about 400+ people

Which store are you at? Langford or Uptown?

edit: My wife just dropped by the Duncan, BC FS, and there was an enormous line. The young clerk outside said the store had sold out of AC4 and BF4 within 5 or so minutes of opening. Lots of copies of CoD left, though the wait is expected to be about 2 hours.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Annoying how random policies are.

Don't get me wrong, there's still a line. Only it's more like 30 instead of 300 people. :p

I have more games reserved than I need, so if anyone wants to pick up my spares with me, shoot me a PM lol.

Cake Boss

Banned
They didn't do that at the one I was at. :(

I was wearing a leather jacket though.

TUSR

Banned
Which store are you at? Langford or Uptown?

edit: My wife just dropped by the Duncan, BC FS, and there was an enormous line. The young clerk outside said the store had sold out of AC4 and BF4 within 5 or so minutes of opening. Lots of copies of CoD left, though the wait is expected to be about 2 hours.
Uptown.
They cancelled reservations of those games and brought them all to the pickup desk to do the trade ins

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I didn't both getting up early and my friend said he waited 2 1/2 hours in line for COD :lol fuck that shit. I'm surprised so many people showed up..

Smiley you're last in the GAF league, what the hell?
He gets deducted 10 points everyday for racism

Smiley90

Hey I literally JUST fell to last place lol.

Also I only lined up 30mins for my reserved COD copy. Now about to pick up AC.

I was trying to figure out what the heck you were all doing trading stuff in now and then I saw the Futureshop thread in gaming, lucky Canadians.

Smiley90

wish I could be in a different line :(

So weird, you have the same line at FS, whereas I had a separate line at FS but DO have the same line at best buy.

They're honourin reservations until closing today though so I'm gonna go back later instead of lining up for 2h :lol

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So I put in a reservation yesterday when Quick posted and I JUST got the confirmation email :lol I called the FS and they said they still had my copy, so now I can go in with no line bullshit. WIN. My buddies order didn't get through though unfortunately.

People even cleaned out the Wii U version of AC4.

So this promotion is pretty much over on the first day right?

Like, are they going to get more copies soon?

TUSR

Banned
Man I just realized that Uptown was selling PS4 games and accessories.

And PS4 apparently is out next week. Jesus!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Since I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere in here, Real Canadian Hero Rick Nash skated with the Rangers extras and goalies today and spoke with the media afterwards.

SOON(-ish, maybe)

Top Bottom