• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2013 |OT| 3rd Degree Assault. 2nd Degree Kidnapping. 1st Degree Racism

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yep, total pass. I loathe social awkwardness so much it makes me feel physically ill. I couldn't make it past the second episode of The Office lol.

Same here, also for stupidity. Which is why I can't watch Arrested Development. :/

Smiley90

But Arrested Development is loveable stupidity. They're awful people and you love them anyway.

No, I just can't. It hurts too much. I sit there and just get annoyed at everyone and feel bad for Michael.

Nice to see G score tonight. Hopefully it is the start of him getting things going.

Hey heretic I went to the XB1 tour today, I posted impressions in another thread but will copy them here.

What games did you play? Also have you used a DS4 yet?

I bought a DS4 and it is a great controller. So much better then the terrible DS3. The weight is great the triggers are amazing and the weight is perfect. The DS4 is a controller for men that play games, Sony really did a great job with it. I will always favor asymmetrical sticks. I bought a 3rd party PS3 controller just because I hated the sticks so much. For me the XB1 has the better controller. The took the fantastic 360 controller and improved the feel my getting rid of the battery pack, they made the Dpad much better, and they improved the sticks. I have a gaming PC and once the PC drivers for the XB1 controller come out it will be my PC controller for sure.

Squicken Forza is one of the many 1080p XB1 games, and it looked incredible in person. KI is 720p but is 60fps, the graphics were so good and the action was so fast and so fluid. The games Sony are demoing are not even close to what MS had to show. I do think Sony will have the more graphically impressive games this gen, but I have gotten to try out both systems and the XB1 demo games were very far ahead.

cant get my Dualshock 4 to work wirelessly on the PC

5Tcvh8n.gif

Heretic

Nice to see G score tonight. Hopefully it is the start of him getting things going.

Hey heretic I went to the XB1 tour today, I posted impressions in another thread but will copy them here.

I bought a DS4 and it is a great controller. So much better then the terrible DS3. The weight is great the triggers are amazing and the weight is perfect. The DS4 is a controller for men that play games, Sony really did a great job with it. I will always favor asymmetrical sticks. I bought a 3rd party PS3 controller just because I hated the sticks so much. For me the XB1 has the better controller. The took the fantastic 360 controller and improved the feel my getting rid of the battery pack, they made the Dpad much better, and they improved the sticks. I have a gaming PC and once the PC drivers for the XB1 controller come out it will be my PC controller for sure.

Squicken Forza is one of the many 1080p XB1 games, and it looked incredible in person. KI is 720p but is 60fps, the graphics were so good and the action was so fast and so fluid. The games Sony are demoing are not even close to what MS had to show. I do think Sony will have the more graphically impressive games this gen, but I have gotten to try out both systems and the XB1 demo games were very far ahead.
Thanks for the impressions!

That's great to hear about the controller. That's been my biggest worry since they demo'd the controller and talked about how they loosened up the sticks a bit. I thought L.A. was getting an Area One event according to the schedule that they had initially released but it looks like they took it out and will only have the those truck stops. There's going to be a couple near me so I'll stop by those and check it out.

I absolutely suck at fighting and driving games so I'm probably going to pass up on Forza and KI. Forza for sure. KI is cheap enough to probably warrant a purchase considering the positive previews that its been getting. Plus, I have to embarrass Schuey especially since he's getting the full unlocks for free and I didn't get squat! Hoping to take down Dopey too but from reading the KI threads, he's leaps and bounds better than I can ever hope to be :p

Thanks for the impressions!

That's great to hear about the controller. That's been my biggest worry since they demo'd the controller and talked about how they loosened up the sticks a bit. I thought L.A. was getting an Area One event according to the schedule that they had initially released but it looks like took it out and will only have the those truck stops.

I absolutely suck at fighting and driving games so I'm probably going to pass up on Forza and KI. Forza for sure. KI is cheap enough to probably warrant a purchase considering the positive previews that its been getting. Plus, I have to embarrass Schuey especially since he's getting the full unlocks for free and I didn't get squat! Hoping to take down Dopey too but from reading the KI threads, he's leaps and bounds better than I can ever hope to be :p

KI is free my friend. Just get on and play as Jango and see if you like it. If you do you can unlock the rest of the roster for only $20. Do you play CoD games? My wife and I will be playing a ton of Ghosts I am sure. We really like it for the most part on 360.

Heretic

As long as he's Heretic-approved he's good in my books.You're the padre after all.
<3

Side note: The heart will only last until 5:00 p.m. today. After that, it's war!!!

KI is free my friend. Just get on and play as Jango and see if you like it. If you do you can unlock the rest of the roster for only $20. Do you play CoD games? My wife and I will be playing a ton of Ghosts I am sure. We really like it for the most part on 360.
Not a fan of the CoD franchise. I MIGHT pick it up sometime around Christmas. Going Ryse, DR3, KI, Crimson Dragon, and that golf game at launch :D

<3

Side note: The heart will only last until 5:00 p.m. today. After that, it's war!!!

Not a fan of the CoD franchise. I MIGHT pick it up sometime around Christmas. Going Ryse, DR3, KI, Crimson Dragon, and that golf game at launch :D

So glad to hear this. Everyone should buy CD. I am more excited about that then any other launch game on either system. So happy to see Team Andromeda get another shot at PD. We will play some Ryse for sure, the mp looks really neat in that game.

Heretic

So glad to hear this. Everyone should buy CD. I am more excited about that then any other launch game on either system. So happy to see Team Andromeda get another shot at PD. We will play some Ryse for sure, the mp looks really neat in that game.

Yeah, PDO was one of my favorite games. Looking forward to seeing was the SP of Ryse has to offer more than the MP but the dynamic environments in the Colosseum look really fun.

So who wants Kyle Quincey and Dan Cleary? Come on Edmonton or Florida, I know you guys need some strong veteran presence that will help your team for years to come!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

I will definitely be getting CD. I played a ton of Panzer Dragoon Zwei.

pringles

So who wants Kyle Quincey and Dan Cleary? Come on Edmonton or Florida, I know you guys need some strong veteran presence that will help your team for years to come!
Someone might take Quincey if we package him with Zetterberg, Datsyuk, a couple of draft picks and we retain his salary.

edit: meanwhile, the Griffins are on a 7-game winning streak, top team in the AHL, highest scoring team and Nyquist has 17points in 12 games. Fuck you Holland.

Someone might take Quincey if we package him with Zetterberg, Datsyuk, a couple of draft picks and we retain his salary.

edit: meanwhile, the Griffins are on a 7-game winning streak, top team in the AHL, highest scoring team and Nyquist has 17points in 12 games. Fuck you Holland.

Can't wait to see all of our prospects play on the big club in 2030.

zedge

Yeah, PDO was one of my favorite games. Looking forward to seeing was the SP of Ryse has to offer more than the MP but the dynamic environments in the Colosseum look really fun.

There was a review of Ryse that said it was about as fun as dialing a phone number. ;)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Anyone who's picked up BF4, did you install anything? I didn't install a disc and the game looks like complete trash, like textures missing every where, it's awful. I'm not sure if this is normal or there's something wrong with my disc, it won't let me install either.

Smiley90

Anyone who's picked up BF4, did you install anything? I didn't install a disc and the game looks like complete trash, like textures missing every where, it's awful. I'm not sure if this is normal or there's something wrong with my disc, it won't let me install either.

there's 2 discs, so I assume one of them is the install disc? I just put in disc 2 first for Ghosts and installed everything. Did you try just putting the second disc in first?

Red_Man

there's 2 discs, so I assume one of them is the install disc? I just put in disc 2 first for Ghosts and installed everything. Did you try just putting the second disc in first?
I installed it, and it still looks like garbage. I can't install the first disc it says there's an error or it's dirty.....going to take it back but I'm just wondering if it really looks that bad for other people. Legit looks like a 360 launch title if not worse....

Smiley90

I installed it, and it still looks like garbage. I can't install the first disc it says there's an error or it's dirty.....going to take it back but I'm just wondering if it really looks that bad for other people. Legit looks like a 360 launch title if not worse....

It's supposed to look great... better than Ghosts, and Ghosts looks amazing. Let me try it just now with BF4.

EDIT: It installs just fine if I put in Disc 1 first... Did you put in Disc 2 first? Maybe you need to install them in order. So maybe erase all you have installed on the HD and put in Disc 1 first this time? If there's still an error when putting Disc 1 in first (and you can download the 6MB launch update) then it's probably a disc problem :/

EDIT2: https://help.ea.com/ca/article/battlefield-4-xbox-360-install-guide

nvm, 2nd disc is MP disc. Both the additional installs are optional... did you do the mandatory install before doing the optional installs?

Red_Man

It's supposed to look great... better than Ghosts, and Ghosts looks amazing. Let me try it just now with BF4.

EDIT: It installs just fine if I put in Disc 1 first... Did you put in Disc 2 first? Maybe you need to install them in order. So maybe erase all you have installed on the HD and put in Disc 1 first this time? If there's still an error when putting Disc 1 in first (and you can download the 6MB launch update) then it's probably a disc problem :/

EDIT2: https://help.ea.com/ca/article/battlefield-4-xbox-360-install-guide

nvm, 2nd disc is MP disc. Both the additional installs are optional... did you do the mandatory install before doing the optional installs?
I can't install the first disc to begin with, I've tried 3 times and it keeps stopping at 41% and telling me there's an issue with my disc, pretty sure my game is just ruined. I took the disc out and there's a weird blotch all over the disc. Glad I didn't wait 3 hours for this.

Samyy

Just got an email from Amazon giving me a free PS4 game because I ordered multiple games with my PS4 pre-order.

Apparently they are offering people who had more then 2 games pre-ordered, sending messages to people with only one game that they can get a free one if they buy another. Seems like they are matching the Target B2G1 but only for existing pre order people.

Goddamn -_- I should cancel my EBGames preorders.

Smiley90

I can't install the first disc to begin with, I've tried 3 times and it keeps stopping at 41% and telling me there's an issue with my disc, pretty sure my game is just ruined. I took the disc out and there's a weird blotch all over the disc. Glad I didn't wait 3 hours for this.

oh damn :/ And you probably won't be able to exchange it either, no? Since it came from the special promo... Maybe if they're nice they let you exchange it for the same game once they get restocked...

Red_Man

oh damn :/ And you probably won't be able to exchange it either, no? Since it came from the special promo... Maybe if they're nice they let you exchange it for the same game once they get restocked...
If they don't exchange it for me I'm burning the place down.

Apparently they are offering people who had more then 2 games pre-ordered, sending messages to people with only one game that they can get a free one if they buy another. Seems like they are matching the Target B2G1 but only for existing pre order people.

Goddamn -_- I should cancel my EBGames preorders.

In the immortal words of Icona Pop - "I love it."

Game 5 of Ducks/Sens was just on NHL network. Pierre McGuire, what a jackass. The questions he asks Teemu were borderline insulting, on top of the fact that he's right in his face as he's having a personal moment with his wife. Who is paying this guy money?

TUSR

Banned
Game 5 of Ducks/Sens was just on NHL network. Pierre McGuire, what a jackass. The questions he asks Teemu were borderline insulting, on top of the fact that he's right in his face as he's having a personal moment with his wife. Who is paying this guy money?
He's a creep piece of shit who failed as a coach

Amazon gave me a code for a free PS4 game. I already have everything I want preordered though, so I got basketball. Almost got Skylanders, but fuck if I'm going down that black hole.

Top Bottom