• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Damn Berra is bad he just let in ano--

What you need is a new goalie, we have a very capable goalie in Berra that could help you out. We'll give him away for a 2nd round pick.
Berra and Tokarski should have a battle for shittiest back up goalie in the league. 5 goals on 15 shots tonight for Tokarski, I don't see Berra beating that.

Pikma

Banned
Damn Berra is bad he just let in ano--

What you need is a new goalie, we have a very capable goalie in Berra that could help you out. We'll give him away for a 2nd round pick.
I'll give you a 1st round pick and Lehtonen in exchange of nothing, you can keep Berra or send it to Los Angeles, I don't care.

No goals in the last 10 periods for Avs. 1 in the last 5 games. So bad. They should be able to score goals, this is ridiculous.

Pikma

Banned
So for whatever reason Lehtonen came out to play the 3rd period and with 11 shots the hawks scored 3 goals.

this piece of shit doesn't deserve a fucking spot in the NHL, bring Campbell up FOR FUCK'S SAKE

zroid

Banned
hard to really extrapolate from pre-season but Connor Brown has been something of a corsi god in his opportunities so far. can't wait to see what he does with the Marlies this year.

So for whatever reason Lehtonen came out to play the 3rd period and with 11 shots the hawks scored 3 goals.

this piece of shit doesn't deserve a fucking spot in the NHL, bring Campbell up FOR FUCK'S SAKE

Why don't we give you Ticker and you guys send down Lehtonen to the AHL.

Red_Man

hard to really extrapolate from pre-season but Connor Brown has been something of a corsi god in his opportunities so far. can't wait to see what he does with the Marlies this year.
He's not making the team?

Suddenly our backups being an old, washed up taped together Backstrom and a clearly shaken up, young, and no-confidence Kuemper don't look so bad.

Maybe the Central won't be such a dog fight this year.

:lol who am I kidding

Red_Man

He probably should he's looked better than even Nylander
I assumed with how well he did last year in the AHL and how thin the Leaf's roster is, he would make it easily, but I guess with all the guys they invited, he might be in tough to make a spot. At his point in his career, it seems like he would benefit more from competing against NHLers than AHLers.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
He probably should he's looked better than even Nylander

And you didn't believe in him!

Lac3dwv.gif

Samyy

Seems like the Leafs D might be Rielly, Gardiner, Harrington, Hunwick, Phaneuf, Marincin

Anyone who has watched more pre-season then me wanna fill me in on how Harrington has looked?

And you didn't believe in him!

Look at him! Who would have believed!
We're lucky he got that growth spurt!

Connor_Brown.jpg

Samyy

Percy and Loov both only played two games but they played really well too so they should hopefully be ready next year.

But man do we need a really good RHD....

You know you'd think the Oilers would be able to hold their lead against the Canucks for more then a minute but then you remember their defence is still shit.

Tabris

I feel a bit bad for players like Raffi Torres. You can tell he doesn't mean to do that, he's going for the shoulder but he misses. Not excusing, Raffi Torres should have changed his game to just not go for those risky hits but I am pretty sure he may not be able to play in the NHL regularly if he didn't play on the edge.

So he's probably thinking "risky hit" or my career. But due to bad luck on those risky hits, it's the same result if he didn't go for the risky hits as I'm pretty sure his career is over now with his 5th upcoming suspension.

EDIT - If he did mean to hit the head, of course he's a piece of shit. I guess it's a piece of shit move going for the risky hit, but I understand the whole dilemma if it's potentially his career over if he didn't play like that.

Socreges

Banned
TSN's coverage of anything involving Connor McDavid is hilarious/fucking boring.

Here's McDavid skating around, passing the puck, ultimately accomplishing nothing.

Now here's McDavid being slashed on the wrist. Notice how he shakes his wrist, indicating that he's been slashed.

Later on, there's McDavid, sitting on the bench. Yup. That's him. Sitting. On the bench.

And now here's the Sedins scoring a beautiful goal to win the game and we can see McDavid seems to be emoting... nothing. His mouth is agape as he stares into empty space and he is otherwise completely expressionless.

Connor McDavid!

Top Bottom