• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

Not sure if it was posted but toysrus has buy two es sports games for $70 if any of you were on the fence. I'm waiting one more year to repurchase my sports games but still a really good deal.

Socreges

Banned
You have to leave the risky hits to the professionals (Raffi Torres, and other shitheads). I remember one time Daniel Sedin tried to do a "risky hit" on Duncan Keith in 2012 and it ended up with him getting drilled in the head with a dirty elbow later that game
apocalidiot, not to be outdone by Tabris.

apocalidiot, not to be outdone by Tabris.

Thank you, thank you. Notice I called Keith's elbow dirty and didn't try and make a dumb ass excuse as to why it might have been acceptable, because it wasn't. If Torres lit up one of the Sedins last night instead of Silfverberg, he wouldn't have wrote that garbage of a paragraph.

Socreges

Banned
Thank you, thank you. Notice I called Keith's elbow dirty and didn't try and make a dumb ass excuse as to why it might have been acceptable, because it wasn't. If Torres lit up one of the Sedins last night instead of Silfverberg, he wouldn't have wrote that garbage of a paragraph.
I just couldn't for the life of me understand how you drew a comparison between Torres' hit and Daniel Sedin's, but all is fair in love and Tabris. Carry on.

Tabris

The bad luck on those risky hits is hitting the head instead of the shoulder. He's not intending to hit the head, he's going for the shoulder.

Tell me what you would do in his situation. Your choice is:

1) Go for a risky hit hoping to hit the shoulder.
2) Be benched or sent down because your main advantage is playing risky and your coaches want you to play risky.

Who's at fault here? The coaches through his career that tells him to go for those hits, or how about a game and league that supports these kinds of players except when things go wrong? If he hit the shoulder instead of the hit, it would be "playoff hockey".

This is a similar situation to a drug dealer who's dealing to make enough money to support his family. There's nothing right about it, but showing understanding is key to being able to address the core issues instead of just arresting him.

The bad luck on those risky hits is hitting the head instead of the shoulder. He's not intending to hit the head, he's going for the shoulder.

Tell me what you would do in his situation. Your choice is:

1) Go for a risky hit hoping to hit the shoulder.
2) Be benched or sent down because your main advantage is playing risky and your coaches want you to play risky.

Who's at fault here? The coaches through his career that tells him to go for those hits, or how about a game and league that supports these kinds of players except when things go wrong? If he hit the shoulder instead of the hit, it would be "playoff hockey".

This is a similar situation to a drug dealer who's dealing to make enough money to support his family. There's nothing right about it, but showing understanding is key to being able to address the core issues instead of just arresting him.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Tabris

We're watching a game where Scott Stevens is in the Hall of Fame and is one of the most celebrated players in the 90s.

That kind of play is still encouraged as players are developed and coached in junior and professional leagues.

And when the hits go right instead of wrong, those hits are still celebrated.

Address the core issue and discourage that at the beginning. Maybe start penalizing coaches and organizations, instead of just the player.

Merguson

Banned
Dubcelot: "Now go, Let the Leafs Legend come back to life.

Noniquid Dubecelot - Dubas possessed with Nonis persona.

"Toronto will descend into chaos. It'll be the Nonis Era all over again. No vision, no plan. Despair spread across the city. The people will argue... And through debate they will know the emptiness of hope. At last... Our Owner's will... His Media Heaven... Is complete."

Calamari41

41 > 38
Address the core issue and discourage that at the beginning. Maybe start penalizing coaches and organizations, instead of just the player.

I've long said that you need to hand out penalties to coaches that actually hurt.

Or you can give Coach of the Year awards to filthy-ass coaches.

So the Leafs sent down Nylander and the Wings are looking like they are going to keep Larkin up. /shyamalan twist/Babcock factor

What has this world come too.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Kenins and Gaunce sent down for the Canucks

which means that both Virtanen and McCann, both 19, are still with the team

TWO ROOKIES IN ONE YEAR? I DON'T KNOW HOW THIS FEELS LIKE\

3 cuts left, among: Horvat, Hutton, Virtanen, Biega, Cracknell, McCann. Virtanen and McCann would have to go to Juniors, the rest is waiver-free. Horvat has to stay (c'mooon), so I'd say Biega, Cracknell and... Hutton?

eyeless

So the Leafs sent down Nylander and the Wings are looking like they are going to keep Larkin up. /shyamalan twist/Babcock factor

there is no babcock factor involved

we are a garbage fire team who will not be competitive for a few years if ever

nylander hasn't played center in north america

this organization isn't rushing prospects in pointlessly, that was true before babcock got here, shanaplan brah

and even if it was babcock, your narrative doesn't work when it's the right decision that sensible people want

Merguson

Banned

So he can watch Cleary play until Datsyuk and Helm come back from injuries?

That's so nice of the organization.

there is no babcock factor involved

we are a garbage fire team who will not be competitive for a few years if ever

nylander hasn't played center in north america

this organization isn't rushing prospects in pointlessly, that was true before babcock got here, shanaplan brah

and even if it was babcock, your narrative doesn't work when it's the right decision that sensible people want

You talk too much sense, Babcock is controlling your mind, trust us, we Wings fans have seen this before. It's what he wants you to believe but in reality this is all apart of his masterful plan where he talks Lou into trading Nylander for a good solid veteran forward player who is a good locker room guy
Cleary

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Eh, we'll just promote Blashill who sounds exactly like Babs.

Dang does Blashill sounds so much like Babs, without watching this video and just listening you would totally think it was Babs talking

giphy.gif

Your coach is Babs, that's not going to happen.

LOL, Babs gonna Babs

tumblr_nnbg84mL4a1sxv3djo1_500.gif

Pikma

Banned
Browsing through Gaming pisses me off, makes me want to fucking punch the screen, I don't get how many people get away with what they usually post.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Article in the Montreal Gazette is saying Kassian's incident this morning is a major distraction for the team going into the season.

I can't even comprehend the kind of shit show that would go down if Kane's situation had happened there.

Samyy

Uhhhh crap wait the season starts on Wednesday! NVM!
H2H tomorrow @ 8:45PM and Rotisserie Tuesday @ 8:45PM

Sending out invites now.

Joined the fantasy league.

Leafs fans, I drafted Nylander in a prospect/keeper draft thing today in another league. I got him and Mantha. Was Nylander a better choice than Marner? I was down to those two at the time.

Yawnier

Banned
Joined the fantasy league.

Leafs fans, I drafted Nylander in a prospect/keeper draft thing today in another league. I got him and Mantha. Was Nylander a better choice than Marner? I was down to those two at the time.

Nylander could be on the leafs after the trade deadline, though it won't shock me if he isn't on the team until a year from now. Shanny/Dubas has made it clear that players aren't making the team until they can hold and keep a spot permanently, they aren't going to be bounced back and forth constantly between the AHL/CHL and the NHL.

Marner wasn't bad in the rookie tournament or pre-season, but he was pretty quiet while showing some flashes when he had the puck. Nylander has a year of development + more size than Marner and it shows.

Samyy

Okay, all invites sent.
Please either post your team name here, or choose a team name that lets other people know who you are (in terms of who you are on GAF), I think that makes it better for everyone to interact.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, all invites sent.
Please either post your team name here, or choose a team name that lets other people know who you are (in terms of who you are on GAF), I think that makes it better for everyone to interact.

Crap I need a yahoo account?

Uhhhh crap wait the season starts on Wednesday! NVM!
H2H tomorrow @ 8:45PM and Rotisserie Tuesday @ 8:45PM

Sending out invites now.

Is there any way to move tomorrow's draft up a bit in time?

I have a test the following morning and really can't be up past midnight.

For reference, not sure if you meant to, but the current draft time is 1145 Eastern, 1045 central.

Samyy

Is there any way to move tomorrow's draft up a bit in time?

I have a test the following morning and really can't be up past midnight.

For reference, not sure if you meant to, but the current draft time is 1145 Eastern, 1045 central.

Sorry yea I just corrected it to 5:45pm PDT

Top Bottom