• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

TSN's coverage of anything involving Connor McDavid is hilarious/fucking boring.

Here's McDavid skating around, passing the puck, ultimately accomplishing nothing.

Now here's McDavid being slashed on the wrist. Notice how he shakes his wrist, indicating that he's been slashed.

Later on, there's McDavid, sitting on the bench. Yup. That's him. Sitting. On the bench.

And now here's the Sedins scoring a beautiful goal to win the game and we can see McDavid seems to be emoting... nothing. His mouth is agape as he stares into empty space and he is otherwise completely expressionless.

Connor McDavid!

Yup, it's going to be like this all season.

Speaking of McDavid, how has he even been in the preseason? I've heard Eichel has been good but honestly have not heard anything about The Chosen One.

Cake Boss

Banned
Mhmmmmm

RipeGoodGopher.gif

He hit my boy! I demand vengeance. I want vengeance.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Preparing myself for the heartbreak of every young guy playing in GR for the first few months of the season.

Mantha, Larkin, and Athanasiou are all currently better than like half of the current Wings roster and AA and Mantha will probably be down in GR all year. I can't stand Holland.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Renaud Lavoie @renlavoietva
#canadiens confirmed Zack Kassian was involved in a road accident. He was sent to the hospital. Minor injuries.

Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC
More on that to come, but police indicate Kassian was not the driver.

zroid

Banned
Hopefully LL is trying to manufacture a trade involving Polak. Increasingly it's sounding like he hasn't really earned a spot on the top 6.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I feel a bit bad for players like Raffi Torres. You can tell he doesn't mean to do that, he's going for the shoulder but he misses. Not excusing, Raffi Torres should have changed his game to just not go for those risky hits but I am pretty sure he may not be able to play in the NHL regularly if he didn't play on the edge.

So he's probably thinking "risky hit" or my career. But due to bad luck on those risky hits, it's the same result if he didn't go for the risky hits as I'm pretty sure his career is over now with his 5th upcoming suspension.

EDIT - If he did mean to hit the head, of course he's a piece of shit. I guess it's a piece of shit move going for the risky hit, but I understand the whole dilemma if it's potentially his career over if he didn't play like that.

Not only did he clearly intend to hit the head, but Silfverberg didn't have the puck and on top of that it doesn't look like he ever had it.

ShaneB

Can we just ban this piece of shit from the nhl already?

My thoughts as well. Complete piece of shit. I don't give a fuck if his career is done because he can't "make a hit". How about he thinks about him making a hit means potentially ending the career of another player. Stupid piece of shit had ages to think of NOT making that hit as we was skating across the ice.

Fucking garbage. Get rid of him.

dankir

Kassian was a passenger with another girl, where the driver was drunk 20 year old girl... bad decisions all around.

Must of been nailing both lol.

Quick

Banned
I feel a bit bad for players like Raffi Torres. You can tell he doesn't mean to do that, he's going for the shoulder but he misses. Not excusing, Raffi Torres should have changed his game to just not go for those risky hits but I am pretty sure he may not be able to play in the NHL regularly if he didn't play on the edge.

So he's probably thinking "risky hit" or my career. But due to bad luck on those risky hits, it's the same result if he didn't go for the risky hits as I'm pretty sure his career is over now with his 5th upcoming suspension.

EDIT - If he did mean to hit the head, of course he's a piece of shit. I guess it's a piece of shit move going for the risky hit, but I understand the whole dilemma if it's potentially his career over if he didn't play like that.

What the fuck is this?

It's disgusting to think that he's willing to sacrifice someone else's career (not to mention well-being) for his own career in the NHL.

What he did is inexcusable, doesn't matter how you spin it. How is it "bad luck" that he gets suspended for every "risky" (you mean dirty, right) hit? You're saying that he needs to survive in the NHL by playing "risky", but "risky" plays push him closer to the end of his career via suspensions. How does this make sense.

How is it "bad luck" that the league decides to punish him for being reckless and looking to injure? If anything, the league hasn't done enough to send a message if he's still doing it.

Socreges

Banned
There are a few people that I have on ignore, and I never see them. Tabris is like herpes. There's just no getting rid of that shit.
I feel like I have a social responsibility not to put Tabris on Ignore. Would you put famine on ignore, as millions around the world suffer? Would you put AIDS on ignore?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The following five players will be placed on waivers for purpose of assignment to the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League: T.J. Brennan, Andrew Campbell, Sam Carrick, Matt Frattin and Byron Froese. The following 11 players will be assigned to the Toronto Marlies: Antoine Bibeau, Connor Brown, Rich Clune, Zach Hyman, Kasperi Kapanen, Viktor Loov, William Nylander, Stuart Percy, Nikita Soshnikov, Garret Sparks and Rinat Valiev. In addition, defenceman Petter Granberg will be designated as injured, non-roster.

Samyy

Wel I'm going to the Marlies home opener with my new coworkers so at least I'll be able to watch Nylander live again :D

Also interesting Harrington made the team over Percy or Loov since they looked better, kind of odd they only got 2 games each.

I was hoping Brown would make the team, but I suppose there's nothing wrong with keeping them together on the Marlies for another year. Will be interesting to see if there will be a big influx of rookies after next year's camp, especially with the amount of expiring contracts Leafs have.

zroid

Banned
Nylander and Brown to the Marlies. It's going to be a long season.
This is a good thing!

I could buy keeping Brown up with the big club since it doesn't affect his contract either way, but the two big positives to Brown staying down are (1) he gets to keep playing alongside Nylander, and (2) if he has less NHL experience when he's an RFA then he will get paid less.

Parch

Yup, it's going to be like this all season.
The McDavid hype is just stupid levels off the scale in Edmonton. Jeez, he's a rookie. Leave the kid alone. He's probably used to the attention by now but there's unfair pressure and expectations. I fear no matter what he does this year, it's never going to be good enough.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'll be watching a lot of the Ice Caps games this year seeing as they'll have the most talented roster they've had since they won the Calder. Hopefully the AHL upgraded their feeds from the potato cameras they used last year.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wings waive Callahan, Miele, and Lashoff.

Cleary not waived. He's probably ending up on the main roster as 14th forward.

Edit: LARKIN NOT SENT TO GR YET...could it be happening?

Yawnier

Banned
The Marlies top nine (forwards) this season is going to be packed with talent and skill

Defense kind of worries me after Stuart Percy, Viktor Loov, and AHL All-star TJ Brennan though. Lots of unknown there

You are so stupid that it's boggling my fucking mind

If your career in the NHL relies on you landing "risky hits," then you have no business being in the league to begin with.

You have to leave the risky hits to the professionals (Raffi Torres, and other shitheads). I remember one time Daniel Sedin tried to do a "risky hit" on Duncan Keith in 2012 and it ended up with him getting drilled in the head with a dirty elbow later that game

Top Bottom