• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

Merguson

Banned
Word is leaking that Blashill told Holland he wanted Larkin on the team and Holland said no.

Of course he did.

Apparently other players pushed for Larkin as well.

Have no fear.

Holland will just bid his time and wait for Datsyuk and Helm to come back to banish Larkin to the AHL.

imBask

Banned
Was saying yesterday that I wouldn't be surprised if Kassian was, in fact, the driver. But either way this looks terrible on him.

if I had to take a wild guess i'd say he was too drunk to drive his truck and had his slightly less drunk lady friend drive instead

either way, partying at 6am during training camp is a dumb move

Sanjuro

if I had to take a wild guess i'd say he was too drunk to drive his truck and had his slightly less drunk lady friend drive instead

either way, partying at 6am during training camp is a dumb move

I don't know if I'm reading into that tweet more than I should, but it sounds like could be worse than just drunk.

Word is leaking that Blashill told Holland he wanted Larkin on the team and Holland said no.

Of course he did.

Apparently other players pushed for Larkin as well.

This doesn't surprise me whatsoever if true /Holland gonna Holland

Edit:

Wait, Blash apparently just said Larkin made it:

St. James said:
Dylan Larkin has made opening roster for #RedWings, per Jeff Blashill.

Dylan Larkin could start on line with Henrik Zetterberg and Justin Abdelkader.

Edit 2: Didn't see your other post on the other page, also CLEARY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

@CanadiensMTL
"Zack [Kassian] has a fractured nose and a fractured left foot. We're still gathering information about the incident." - Marc Bergevin

Also:

@TSNBobMcKenzie
VAN puts Vey and Corrado on waivers. CGYY puts Paul Byron and Mason Raymond on waivers. BOS puts Max Talbot on.

YOU GET A WAIVER YOU GET A WAIVER

EVERYONE GETS A WAIVER

MB is Pissed, Holy Shit.

@ArponBasu "6:30 in the morning is a decision he made that we don't support." - Marc Bergevin on Zack Kassian incident, not going much further.

@ArponBasu
Bergevin stresses he doesn't have all the information on the Kassian incident, but that it's "disappointing to say the least."

‏@ArponBasu
"I'm a firm believer in character and that's a lack of character and judgment on his part" - Marc Bergevin on Zack Kassian.

@ArponBasu
"I don't know how many wake up calls you get" - Marc Bergevin when asked if this could be a wake up call for Zack Kassian.

@ArponBasu
"It's safe to say that" - Marc Bergevin when asked if Zack Kassian was on a short leash.

It's hard to be happy about sending this sorry lot out against Tampa in three days time after they got their asses kicked all preseason.

Schultz-Streit
Medvedev-Gudas
Del Zotto-Manning

Who needs defense? Just focus everything on offense and just try to win games 8 to 7.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
It's hard to be happy about sending this sorry lot out against Tampa in three days time after they got their asses kicked all preseason.

Schultz-Streit
Medvedev-Gudas
Del Zotto-Manning

Baby steps. It's already better without MacD in there.

I would piss myself if someone claims him.

Curufinwe

Baby steps. It's already better without MacD in there.

I would piss myself if someone claims him.

I don't agree. MDZ and the AHL All star will get shredded. Gudas has looked worse than LSchenn or MacDonald in preseason and somehow got promoted to the top 4.

Blashill said:
But we just felt, I specifically felt, that he makes us better. And to an exponential amount that we felt it was that important that he started on the team.

Seems like a little jab at someone else...

Maybe he had to cut a deal with Holland where Larkin could be on the team only if they made Cleary a 4th liner.../Conclearacy

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Seems like a little jab at someone else...

Maybe he had to cut a deal with Holland where Larkin could be on the team only if they made Cleary a 4th liner.../Conclearacy

Yep. Holland continues to remain terrible.

Erdrick

The Jets put Jay Harrison on waivers. Really hope no one claims him, as I've liked him a lot since we traded for him last December. He's one tough bastard. It's just that we have so many defencemen as it is now... He'll be great to hopefully still have when the inevitable injuries come.

Quick

Banned
Interesting scene after Leafs practice. Brendan Shanahan, in a full suit, on the ice talking strategy with Reimer, Harrington, Arcobello.

Shanahan has actually grabbed the stick of assistant Jim Hiller and is taking shots on goal. (Not Arcobello out there but Boyes)

CQkSbqIW8AAuavh.jpg

Shanahan explaining the Shanaplans.

Shanny showing the Leafs how to actually play hockey.

Crazed you're giving me some jilted ex-lover feels right now.

You are crackling with this energy.

I haven't been this pumped for the season to start in a while, things are looking up for this team! Though I'm going to miss most of the opener because I have hockey, so lame!

Delryk

CQkSbqIW8AAuavh.jpg

Shanahan explaining the Shanaplans.

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 2m2 minutes ago
Brad Boyes says Shanahan appeared out of nowhere to talk PP strategy. "I didn't know if he came from ceiling or what, he just showed up."

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 1m1 minute ago
Brad Boyes says Shanahan was showing him some "secret plays." Power play work apparently.

Ninja Shanahan at work.

Socreges

Banned
MB is Pissed, Holy Shit.
Didn't really say anything of substance, though. I guess they'll wait for more info and besides Kassian might be out for weeks/months depending on his foot.

When he was here there were rumours that he did a lot of coke. Sounds more and more likely as time passes. Dude's a mess.

The Leafs are going all-in for that first overall pick. No other reason to be starting Bernier, he's been horrible in the preseason.

Edit: 3.15GAA vs. Reimer's 2.57 and .882% vs Reimer's .910%.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The Leafs are going all-in for that first overall pick. No other reason to be starting Bernier, he's been horrible in the preseason.

Still think reimer should be the #1

Even though he was statistically worse, he looked a lot better than bernier last year

Didn't really say anything of substance, though. I guess they'll wait for more info and besides Kassian might be out for weeks/months depending on his foot.

When he was here there were rumours that he did a lot of coke. Sounds more and more likely as time passes. Dude's a mess.

I've been hearing stories that He likes to drink a lot. I don't see him staying in Montreal for very long. He will probably be gone by Trade Deadline. Watch us Trade him for Prust again and you guys send him somewhere else lol.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I've never seen Bergevin that straight up and angry before. Seems like there might have already been a prior incident, either way I'm glad. We don't need baggage like this on the team.

That Kassian trade looks better by the day. Sorry Habs-GAF.

Surprised Vey and Corrado are on waivers. Hutton must've been really good, and I thought Vey would get another shot with the team.

They're putting a lot of faith in the youngsters. Risky but could be rewarding if it works out.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Surprised Vey and Corrado are on waivers. Hutton must've been really good, and I thought Vey would get another shot with the team.

They're putting a lot of faith in the youngsters. Risky but could be rewarding if it works out.
He only has one year left, so even if he doesn't play it will be a decent salary dump for us, worked out for both teams. It's just unfortunate to see him fall so quickly.

Tabris

He only has one year left, so even if he doesn't play it will be a decent salary dump for us, worked out for both teams. It's just unfortunate to see him fall so quickly.

Prust only has 1 year left as well, so not sure how it's a cap relief for next year. Unless you just meant for this year?

Honestly everyone involved in that trade was horrible. Hodgson was bought out and is now a 3rd line centre with NSH, Kassian is where he's at, and Prust is now a 4th line player.

The only reason we shouldn't have made that trade in the end is Cody Hodgson had good chemistry being a sheltered 3rd line centre on our team and we could have used that going into the playoffs for that year where Kassian didn't help us. That was the Daniel Sedin injury year. If we would have gotten enough production from other lines (Kesler was useless that year) then we may have gotten past the LAK where Daniel Sedin would have been back and ready (he came back for last 2 games but it was rushed and not enough).

121731-bold-strategy-cotton-meme-imgu-wLno.png

Still think reimer should be the #1

Even though he was statistically worse, he looked a lot better than bernier last year

Totally. Barnier's been given so many chances to take the #1 spot and it pisses me off he's getting another one that he doesn't deserve. His stats would make him a terrible backup.

iLLmAtlc

The heck I didn't even know corrado was waiver eligible. Where did this even come from, he'd been pegged as part of the future for years

Top Bottom