• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

Yeah tomorrow's draft at 745Central looks great to me.

It'll be strange because in all my other drafts - all local players - all Minnesota Wild and Minnesota born players are gone so early so everything gets skewed. This should be fun.

zroid

Banned
Eddie Lack is literally the best.

There is no one better.

oDgfFM3L.jpg

Socreges

Banned
Kenins and Gaunce sent down for the Canucks

which means that both Virtanen and McCann, both 19, are still with the team

TWO ROOKIES IN ONE YEAR? I DON'T KNOW HOW THIS FEELS LIKE

3 cuts left, among: Horvat, Hutton, Virtanen, Biega, Cracknell, McCann. Virtanen and McCann would have to go to Juniors, the rest is waiver-free. Horvat has to stay (c'mooon), so I'd say Biega, Cracknell and... Hutton?
You're optimistic.

Joined the H2H league. Team name is Streit Outta Compton.

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Virtanen-Horvat-Baertschi
Burrows-Sutter-Hansen
Prust-Vey-Dorsett
McCann

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Weber
Bartkowski-Sbisa
Hutton-Corrado

Miller
Markstrom

That's 23. Biega sent down, Cracknell waived, Higgins on IR. One of Virtanen, McCann, or Hutton will have to be sent down when Higgins returns.

8 D isn't too bad.

Sanjuro

I don't get it.

The NHL is structured a bit different to make a pound for pound comparison. Let's use the Coyotes. They suck, nobody gives a shit about them. What do they do? They don't handcuff themselves to high priced players, and work on developing and acquiring young talent through their system. Since they are in a market which gives zero fucks, they are able to do this without hesitance.

Toronto on the other hand, is in a market with crazy people. While they CAN do what I just mentioned, they are far more likely to sign sexy stupid sexy players using sweet sweet waffle money. They realize they are garbage into the season, and decide to make adjustments to fall to a specific draft selection or player.

The discussion in the other thread is largely over the usage of the word "tanking". I don't believe Coyote scenario is considered tanking, where scenario two is.

imBask

Banned
I really need to watch Mr. Robot too, I gave Scream a try instead this weekend and i'm not sure how I feel about my decision

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Jeff Blashill: Larkin officially made opening night roster, will start on top line with Zetterberg and Abdelkader

IT HAPPENED

Edit: Cleary practicing on fourth line. You have to be freaking kidding me.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Screw all that shit, the important news is that Tanner Glass has returned to practice after being out a few days with a foot injury!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Word is leaking that Blashill told Holland he wanted Larkin on the team and Holland said no.

Of course he did.

Apparently other players pushed for Larkin as well.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's pretty amazing watching so many of these awful, huge contracts being buried in the minors, when the majority of us called them as such back when they were originally announced.

Top Bottom