• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

Tabris

The heck I didn't even know corrado was waiver eligible. Where did this even come from, he'd been pegged as part of the future for years

Someone can claim Corrado, so it's a risky waiver. It's just worth the risk as Hutton just looked much better.

Vey and Corrado can be claimed.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I don't agree. MDZ and the AHL All star will get shredded. Gudas has looked worse than LSchenn or MacDonald in preseason and somehow got promoted to the top 4.

Because Gudas doesn't have an awful contract.

I'm almost positive it's on its last year, so he isn't coming back next year. That's two spots for the kids to come up.

Pikma

Banned
Wonder if Lehtonen will end up in Las Vegas or Québec... Oh who am I kidding, we'll probably give Ja Benn away before Lehtonen.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Seemed like DLR was destined for St John's since he doesn't need to go through waivers, but if Kassian can't play he'll probably stick around. Wouldn't be surprised if Kassian never plays a regular season game as a Hab after this.

Acid08

Banned
Final cuts made(Mueller, Goldobin, Karlsson sent down), lineup right now is:

Donskoi-Thornton-Pavelski
Marleau-Couture-Ward
Nieto-Hertl-Wingels
Goodrow-Tierney-Smith
Brown

Vlasic-Braun
Martin-Burns
Dillon-DeMelo
Tennyson

Jones
Stalock

I like. Karlsson will probably be brought up after his injury heals. Torres will be suspended for who knows how long. Brown looks more and more like the odd man out with Goodrow and Karlsson competing for that last spot.

Sanjuro

AWWWWWW YIISSSSS

difcTCW.gif

Quick

Banned
Reimer so salty with his comment.

"Expansion can't come soon enough for goalies. "

I really feel for the guy.

The Leafs are in an ideal situation of having two goalies compete for the top job, but it isn't ideal at all to Reimer. He already asked for a trade and the Leafs couldn't even put him out of his misery. His contract's almost up, so at least he might have another shot at getting moved.

Yawnier

Banned
2nd.

LA then traded a 1st and McKeown (who they got with the Canucks pick) for Sekera.

Sekera now plays with the Oilers.

So it goes.
That is... a weird changing of hands

tim erixon on waivers. Never really mattered, its just Pouliot's failing that hurts us now
Erixon is not a good dman, you're not missing much there

We released Glencross from his PTO.
He was almost completely invisible in his PTO with the leafs

Curufinwe

Because Gudas doesn't have an awful contract.

I'm almost positive it's on its last year, so he isn't coming back next year. That's two spots for the kids to come up.

I don't want to worry you unnecessarily, but Hextall traded for him and keeps talking him up when asked about him and now he's moving up the depth chart. I think Ron really likes Radko.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Jagr getting his mullett back?

Canucks have McCann, Virtanen, Horvat, Hutton all still up?

I'm not hungover?

TODAY IS A GOOD DAY

.. Nobody claim Corrado or Vey though, please.

Parch

Wow.. Oilers send Draisaitl to the AHL.
Keep up Slepyshev
I don't like this. Draisaitl was looking decent on the wing and with Eberle out, I thought for sure he would make the team. I really liked how he played in the Calder as well. I'm guessing they want to keep him as a center. I'm getting some trade bait vibes as well.

Slepyshev really impressed in camp. He earned his way onto the team. Lander had a good camp too.

Oiler defence is still really sketchy. It's going to take a major team effort to keep the puck out of the net and that's not the strong point for the forwards. Almost impossible to be as bad defensively as previous years, but it's still going to be a struggle.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
MacDonald (25 mio left on contract) on waivers, Raymond also on waivers, lulz.

Canucks opening day roster should look something like

Sedin-Sedin-VrbataBurrows
Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata/Burrows
(Higgins: IR)Hansen-Sutter-Virtanen
Prust-McCann/Cracknell-Dorsett
McCann/Cracknell

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Hutton
Bartkowski-Sbisa
Weber

... Something like that.

Quick

Banned
http://www.tsn.ca/on-eve-of-season-nhl-acknowledges-more-players-using-cocaine-1.372075

Fairly lengthy article, so I posted about a quarter of it.

On eve of season, NHL acknowledges more players using cocaine

The National Hockey League, responding to what it says is a possible increased use of cocaine among its players, has kick-started talks with the NHL Players Association to add the drug and others like it to the list of banned substances for which the league regularly monitors.

"The number of [cocaine] positives are more than they were in previous years and they're going up," NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly told TSN in an interview. "I wouldn't say it's a crisis in any sense. What I'd say is drugs like cocaine are cyclical and you've hit a cycle where it's an 'in' drug again.

"I'd be shocked if we're talking about a couple dozen guys. I don't want to be naïve here … but if we're talking more than 20 guys I'd be shocked. Because we don't test in a comprehensive way, I can't say."

Under the current terms of the NHL's drug-testing program, players are tested at least two times per season for performance-enhancing drugs such as steroids.

Every team is subject to team-wide testing once during training camp and once during the regular season. Individual players can also be selected for random testing during the regular season and playoffs. "If a player's name spits out eight times, he's subject to eight tests," Daly said.

During the off-season, the NHL drug-tests 60 players, the most the league is allowed to under its labour agreement.

One-third of the 2,400 player urine samples collected each year are screened more closely for drugs of abuse, such as cocaine. Those more comprehensive tests have shown cocaine use by NHL players is on the rise. Drugs, Daly said, will be a focus this season as the NHL tries to educate its players on the dangers of celebrity life.

"One major point of emphasis is party drugs like coke, ecstasy, molly, those types of drugs," Daly said. "When bad things happen, we try to address the bad things."

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I've stopped feeling bad for Reimer.

It's not like he hasn't had the opportunity to take over as the #1 these last few years either.

I really like this part:

"The number of [cocaine] positives are more than they were in previous years and they're going up," NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly told TSN in an interview. "I wouldn't say it's a crisis in any sense. What I'd say is drugs like cocaine are cyclical and you've hit a cycle where it's an 'in' drug again.
"I'd be shocked if we're talking about a couple dozen guys. I don't want to be naïve here … but if we're talking more than 20 guys I'd be shocked. Because we don't test in a comprehensive way, I can't say."

I don't want to be naïve here … but if we're talking more than 20 guys I'd be shocked. Because we don't test in a comprehensive way, I can't say."

but if we're talking more than 20 guys I'd be shocked. Because we don't test in a comprehensive way, I can't say."

Because we don't test in a comprehensive way, I can't say."

we don't test in a comprehensive way

but if we're talking more than 20 guys I'd be shocked.

mjlol.png

Rick Nash for Gustav Nyquist...would you guys do it? Super high on Nyquist so I dont really wanna let him go and Nash seems like he'll have an off year.

zroid

Banned
I've stopped feeling bad for Reimer.

It's not like he hasn't had the opportunity to take over as the #1 these last few years either.

I hope he has a good year, he could make for a useful trade deadline chip

Reimer will be this year's Dubnyk. Book it!

dem

20 out of the 60 players tested maybe

Drug testing in the NHL is pretty much non existent

Top Bottom