• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

So I've been thinking about this a lot...

Buff-Ghost
Streit- Medvedev
Del Zotto- Gudas

That is NOT a bad D-Corps. It's actually probably slightly above average.

If Mason plays like he did last year, and Couts steps up his play we look like a middle of the pack playoff team in the East to me...

So I've been thinking about this a lot...

Buff-Ghost
Streit- Medvedev
Del Zotto- Gudas

That is NOT a bad D-Corps. It's actually probably slightly above average.

If Mason plays like he did last year, and Couts steps up his play we look like a middle of the pack playoff team in the East to me...

Hey.

Why don't we give you Tinordi for Ryan White

I miss that dude.

Cake Boss

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSE5FbT38dY

giphy.gif

Solo

Hard to find much to complain about in the Habs' first 6 games. Pretty much perfect. Having said that, sample size. There's still 76 games to go for Therrien to be Therrien or the goals to dry up or Price to become merely great.

imBask

Banned
Hard to find much to complain about in the Habs' first 6 games. Pretty much perfect. Having said that, sample size. There's still 76 games to go for Therrien to be Therrien or the goals to dry up or Price to become merely great.

have you been on HFBoards lately? there's plenty of reasons to complain! the PP sucks, DD sucks, Therrien sucks, Gilbert sucks, Semin sucks, Weise sucks, Gallagher is having a bad start, Bergevin shouldn't have signed Flynn, Plekanec is overpaid, etc

seriously though we rule

Curufinwe

Eklund's obsession with sending Buff to the Flyers even though it makes no sense for Philly is really tiresome. If he just reigned himself in a little bit he could have a lot more credibility, even if he was still inventing 99% of his rumors. Just make them believable for fuck's sake... it's not hard.

Calamari41

41 > 38
What's this I hear about a possible Carlyle return to the Ducks bench? Gimmie that compensatory pick.

There's no possible way. Bruce's team has fallen flat in game 7's, but he took us from dog shit to one of the premier teams in the league in no time at all. And those game 7's aren't all his fault, either. These are grown-ass men being paid millions. They shouldn't need a speech to get fired up for an elimination game.

Parch

Wait the Edmonton Oilers beat the Calgary Flames and the Vancouver Canucks in back to back games?
And actually looked pretty good doing it too.
I'm guessing McDavid is feeling less pressure now because he put in a restraining order against Mark Messier.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
I was perusing some early season player statistics, and thought this was amusing:

Brandon Sutter: 5 Points (2g,3a)
Nick Bonino: 0 points

So far, so good?

I was perusing some early season player statistics, and thought this was amusing:

Brandon Sutter: 5 Points (2g,3a)
Nick Bonino: 0 points

So far, so good?
you have to look at how poorly the pens offense as a whole has performed before comparing individual players. Bonino is playing on a third line, sutter is with the sedins. Even so, the pens top guns sans Malkin have been doing very little

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
you have to look at how poorly the pens offense as a whole has performed before comparing individual players. Bonino is playing on a third line, sutter is with the sedins. Even so, the pens top guns sans Malkin have been doing very little.

In that case, the Sedins have one point each in their last five games. Ben Hutton, Alex Burrows, and Jannick Hansen are all in the top five in Canucks scoring (along with D. Sedin and Sutter), so I don't really think it's fair to place Sutter's success solely on the Sedins. That all being said, I was just having a bit of fun, since I was so frustrated by the initial trade for Sutter.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie 33m 33 minutes ago

Not aware that decision has been made in Columbus, but told that Jackets are looking at Tortorella and Boucher if Todd Richards is dismissed
FbzdcUR.gif

Pikma

Banned
Not sure if I've mentioned it before but I'm really liking the Stars so far. Scoring has been terrific, just as expected, everyone (except Val) has been producing, which is excellent, and even though Ruff's defense system sucks ass our forwards have done a really good job helping our pairs out when shit gets too close to the fan, especially Eakin and Seguin. The Jokipakka-Benn pair has been surprisingly good too, but I guess that's because they usually don't face the toughest competition.

I consider the results mostly irrelevant so far, though, because what'll make or break our playoffs chances will always be the games against division rivals (and we already lost the first one!) so my expectations haven't changed at all, but yeah, I'm liking what I've seen so far, they've looked like a really competitive team, now they just need to work on their consistency.

Oh and they need to kick Lehtonen off the ice as soon as possible because that fucker cannot be trusted, the only reason he didn't look bad against the Panthers was because their aim was pretty damn bad.

Quick

Banned
I feel like Boucher can work some of that Bond villain magic on the Jackets' roster.

After all, it was him all along. The author of all your pain.

Clydefrog

Kings game was fun last night.

It was Jewish Pride Night so they had some Jewish guy singing the national anthem. While he was singing, I heard some guy yell "TAKE YOUR HAT OFF" and I turned to my friend and said "is he referring to the singer's yarmulke?! Holy shit"

But it turned out some idiot had his baseball cap on during the anthem. The two of them then got in each others faces after the anthem. So dumb.

Curufinwe

I feel like Boucher can work some of that Bond villain magic on the Jackets' roster.

After all, it was him all along. The author of all your pain.

I think he would help them, but their defense is awful so some sort of trade is probably necessary.

Curufinwe

Odd that there's only one game tonight. Holiday in the US? Hockey taking a back seat to the new Star Wars teaser? Canadian election day?

We should be playing Dallas tonight (haven't played since last Wednesday, play in Boston this Wednesday) but I assume NBCSN wanted the game for Tuesday.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Kings game was fun last night.

It was Jewish Pride Night so they had some Jewish guy singing the national anthem. While he was singing, I heard some guy yell "TAKE YOUR HAT OFF" and I turned to my friend and said "is he referring to the singer's yarmulke?! Holy shit"

But it turned out some idiot had his baseball cap on during the anthem. The two of them then got in each others faces after the anthem. So dumb.

Isn't every night "Jewish Pride Night" at the Staples Center?

Top Bottom