• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This is obviously Pierre McGuire's fault when he said they were the best team in the east when healthy prior to the season starting.

Foggy

Poor Foggy

Just finding levity in it. I've only followed them for 3 seasons now and each one has had a poor start. The playoff year started poorly but it was still a pretty raw group and obviously last year was a gypsy curse so I could adjust my expectations and attitude accordingly. This year, even though it's still early, has been confounding from top to bottom so it's been weird to watch. I wanna be optimistic and I wanna be ambivalent toward any given game's dumpster fire. After all, this stuff is supposed to be a release from life's shittier things. Oh well, at least it's getting people stoked for Torts and cheap BJs.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Which party?

Fuck Harper. And fuck this country and voting system if he gets reelected.

The "get fucked Harper" party, obviously.

Liberals are gonna win, and even if by some miracle not, NDP-Liberal coalition will form and win.

Harper can get fuuuuuuucked.

Great John Oliver segment last night too, and he didnt even touch on a lot of terrible things Harper has done.

imBask

Banned
it'll be a minority government no matter what, which will lead to nothing happening for a year or two until we vote again

Merguson

Banned
The "get fucked Harper" party, obviously.

Liberals are gonna win, and even if by some miracle not, NDP-Liberal coalition will form and win.

Harper can get fuuuuuuucked.

Great John Oliver segment last night too, and he didnt even touch on a lot of terrible things Harper has done.

don't we start getting riding results after 7pm eastern?

Clydefrog

Isn't every night "Jewish Pride Night" at the Staples Center?
Lol I don't get it

Oh I also don't get people who wear random team's jerseys to a game. I saw some dumbass walking around in a Habs jersey last night. When I sat down, some even bigger dumbass was near me wearing a Bayern Munich sweater. wtf

Smiley90

Yeah. Which is why I asked Smiley which party. What party began precisely 15 minutes ago, Smelly?

The CBC youtube election stream starts in 10 minutes. Close enough! Results starting to come in in around 3h? Kk. Patience.

Also dont the liberals have an outside shot at a majority? I'm sure with NDP they'll have a majority and the 2 parties are much closer this year than they were last time.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Lol I don't get it

Lotta sons of Abraham at Kings games.

Oh I also don't get people who wear random team's jerseys to a game. I saw some dumbass walking around in a Habs jersey last night. When I sat down, some even bigger dumbass was near me wearing a Bayern Munich sweater. wtf

Yeah, this is a pretty bitch-ass thing to do. Even when I lived in the shadow of Staples and went to Kings games all the time, I didn't wear Ducks gear unless the Ducks were actually there. If you're not rooting for one of the teams playing, just wear street clothes.

CRsVixsUcAAWaYt.jpg

calder

You jerks better have voted, unless:
- you are not Canadian (like that Coyotes fan)
- you are not 18 (like all of you yapping about Nintendo toys)
- you are not a foreigner living in Canada (like that dude in Toronto)
- you are not a foreign convicted felon living in Canada (Smelly, obvs)
- you are staunchly conservative (because for real another bullshit Harper gov might kill me)

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
According to TVA, Montreal Could of gotten Saad

For Galchenyuk and Beaulieu

http://www.tvasports.ca/2015/10/19/bergevin-a-dit-non-a-bowman

Obviously that would have been a bad deal for MTL, but, isn't that how trade negotiations work? Bowman makes a wish list offer, Bergevin counters with Tinodri and Smith-Pelly and the call ends there.

Bowman probably asked for Murray and Werenski right off the bat, and Columbus negotiated for something more reasonable.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
- you are staunchly conservative (because for real another bullshit Harper gov might kill me)

i voted

pushed my employees to vote

I DID MY PART

Quick

Banned

fucking commies man

calder

there's a guy at the Kelowna rockets games that always wears an ovechkin jersey

I used to be very anti-non relevant team sweater wearing during games but I've mellowed a lot. Going to hockey/baseball games in Dallas made me realize how appealing it can be to wear your team's hat or whatever even if your team isn't playing. Although the Texas state trooper dude mocking me for wearing a Jays cap a few years back to a Rangers/White Sox game had me blushing.

I think if you wear a sweater/hat that is very inapplicable to the teams you're watching it's strangely better. Wearing a Hawks sweater to a Jets/Wild game would just be lame, but wearing a Hawks sweater to Panthers/Canes is somehow less so to me.

calder

Hey, that's.... wait..

Aww, just kidding, we know you were never convicted of shit back in Cow Fighting Land. Also, you respect the hell out of science, so I'm confident you wouldn't vote Conservative if you could vote.

tEP68to.gif

But back on topic: cow fighting, is that a real thing or was wikipedia fucking with me?

Yawnier

Banned

Wasn't going to vote initially, but voted anyway. Took 3 mins.

fallout

I used to be very anti-non relevant team sweater wearing during games but I've mellowed a lot. Going to hockey/baseball games in Dallas made me realize how appealing it can be to wear your team's hat or whatever even if your team isn't playing. Although the Texas state trooper dude mocking me for wearing a Jays cap a few years back to a Rangers/White Sox game had me blushing.

I think if you wear a sweater/hat that is very inapplicable to the teams you're watching it's strangely better. Wearing a Hawks sweater to a Jets/Wild game would just be lame, but wearing a Hawks sweater to Panthers/Canes is somehow less so to me.
A friend and I were visiting a buddy in Hamilton a few years back. We went to a Sabres game when they were playing the Caps. We figured we'd wear our Jets gear just for the hell of it. We ended up running into a bunch of guys wearing Minnesota Wild gear at the bar (and saw them later at the game) and became the best of friends for the night.

Smiley90

Aww, just kidding, we know you were never convicted of shit back in Cow Fighting Land. Also, you respect the hell out of science, so I'm confident you wouldn't vote Conservative if you could vote.

tEP68to.gif

But back on topic: cow fighting, is that a real thing or was wikipedia fucking with me?

close! We fight man vs man and the winner gets a cow.

I'm not joking, it's a huge nationally televised event

Quick

Banned
i'm still registered at my parents place and the trafic to get there right now is bonkers. I'll wait and see for now

If you have documentation and ID that has your current address, you can change your address and vote in your current riding.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
i'm still registered at my parents place and the trafic to get there right now is bonkers. I'll wait and see for now

You can bring a piece of Gov. ID and two pieces of recognized mail (bank, payslip, etc.) with your new address to the voting station nearest your home and vote there.

Top Bottom