• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

So let's look at Montreal's Final Roster.

Offense

Pacioretty-Pleks-Gallagher

Eller-Galchenyuk-Semin

Flash-DD-Weise

Mitchell-Byron- DSP

Out:

Kassian, Flynn,

Defense

Subban- Markov

Petry- Emelin/Beaulieu

Gilbert/Tinordi- Pateryn/Emelin.

Price

Condon.

This is okay.

I am okay with this.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
DLR sent down to St Johns, which is preferred. He'll get top ice time and can fine tune his offensive game there.

Should I panik about the guy Leafs put on waivers?
comeon.png

Razorskin

----- ------
So let's look at Montreal's Final Roster.

Offense

Pacioretty-Pleks-Gallagher

Eller-Galchenyuk-Semin

Flash-DD-Weise

DLR-Mitchell- DSP

Out:

Kassian, Flynn, Byron

Defense

Subban- Markov

Petry- Emelin/Beaulieu

Gilbert/Tinordi- Pateryn/Emelin.

Price

Condon.

This is okay.

I am okay with this.

DLR was assigned to the AHL no?

Condon as the backup makes me happy

Socreges

Banned
If Corrado struggles with the Leafs as he did the Canucks (I think he'll improve) and he's sent down, the Canucks would be able to reclaim him and assign him to the AHL within 30 days, no? I can't remember how it works exactly.

On the eve of the regular season, with the Coyotes winding down their time as residents of Glendale, with as much uncertainty about the future as there has ever been, here's why I'm optimistic about this year's prospects.

• Dave Tippett and Don Maloney - These guys have done more with less than anyone in the league.
  • Doan, OEL, Hanzal, Boedker, Vermette - If healthy, a much better offensive group than it gets credit for. Not great by any means, but good enough when...
  • Mike Smith - If he can get his GAA back to career average, this team has an outside shot at the 8th seed.
  • Max Domi - Let's see what you got, kid
  • Boyd Gordon - Not much on the stat sheet, but a guy who sacrifices his body to block shots, could take 0.1 or 0.2 away from Smith's GAA by himself. The rest of the team feeds of this kind of play under Tippett.

And then Steve Downie. Man, do I detest Steve Downie. But this is the kind of player that was needed to keep the other guys on the ice. Arizona had no physical presence last year and were punished for it. Downie at least gives other guys on the ice something to think about.

Is Arizona good? No, not really. Are they better than being the worst team in the league, like SI picked them to be? I sure think so. At the very least, it'll be a better team to watch this year. Last year. Ugh.

Oh, hurr-durr attendance jokes... herp derp you care more than the rest of the state combined, blah blah hockey doesn't belong in the desert. Whatever.

On the eve of the regular season, with the Coyotes winding down their time as residents of Glendale, with as much uncertainty about the future as there has ever been, here's why I'm optimistic about this year's prospects.

Max Domi - Let's see what you got, kid

Max Domi is going to be better than his Dad.
djgtu52.gif

The Devils are Retiring Brodeur's Number. I'm gonna have to watch that game against edmonton on Feb 9th.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The only thing Downie makes other players think is "I hope I get a shift with him on the ice so I can pad my stats"

Sounds Havlat will not be signed. I'm intrigued at picking up Panik on waiver for the extra. Though will probably be Wilson recalled or just have Grimaldi not start on IR.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
haha desert hockey

“Arizona is a great hockey market,” said Coyotes Executive Vice President and General Manager Don Maloney. “We are very fortunate to have some of the most passionate fans in the entire NHL here in the Valley. It’s time for us to celebrate our uniqueness and show our pride for our team and our players.”

not enough lols in the world for this

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Anyone have a summary on Corrado?

I traded for him in NHL 15. Played great with my team.

Young, puck-moving Dman. Simply got outplayed at training camp by Hutton, but he'll be a good top6 d-man for sure.

Foggy

We signed Skille. I'm actually happy about it. Weird.

Just keep those expectations tempered. He'll impress in brief flashes and then just vanish 95% of the time. I'm not sure what his hang-up is since he's got good wheels and a good shot. Hopefully the sage guidance of Roy will lead him to the promised land.

“Arizona is a great hockey market,” said Coyotes Executive Vice President and General Manager Don Maloney. “We are very fortunate to have some of the most passionate fans in the entire NHL here in the Valley. It’s time for us to celebrate our uniqueness and show our pride for our team and our players.”

not enough lols in the world for this

Whatever.

Some of the best fans in hockey are from places like Los Angeles, Anaheim, Phoenix, Dallas. There might not be the numbers there are in other places, but those that are there know as much about the sport as anyone in an original 6 market.

Just like there were super passionate and interested baseball fans in Toronto in the years between 1994-2014, before it became cool.

zroid

Banned
Is Arizona good? No, not really. Are they better than being the worst team in the league, like SI picked them to be? I sure think so. At the very least, it'll be a better team to watch this year. Last year. Ugh.

It will likely be a tight contest between Toronto, Jersey, and Arizona for worst team in the league honours. Godspeed.

imBask

Banned
Whatever.

Some of the best fans in hockey are from places like Los Angeles, Anaheim, Phoenix, Dallas. There might not be the numbers there are in other places, but those that are there know as much about the sport as anyone in an original 6 market.

is that my Florida-hate cue?

Arizona has an outside shot at the 8th seed? That's not happening.

Last place in the Central got 90 points last year (Colorado). I wouldn't be surprised at another crossover to nab a wildcard spot. Kings and Sharks should be better this year as well.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Don't shoo away the Coyotes-fan, we don't have anyone else. :(

Also Dallas "we like to bang on glass" doesn't have great fans. I mean, there's Pikma, too.

If you’re looking for your Dad’s original six, look somewhere else.

Hate, haters. "We may be surrounded by desert, but our blood runs ice cold. We weren't born into this. We chose this." Dig it.

It will likely be a tight contest between Toronto, Jersey, and Arizona for worst team in the league honours. Godspeed.

Well, if true we can draft the kid from Scottsdale #1.

Cosmic, you're gonna love Domi. He was so fucking good at the world juniors for canada. Same with Duclair and Strome.

Love it. Any offensive excitement would be amazing.

Arizona has an outside shot at the 8th seed? That's not happening.

Didn't specify just how outside a shot it was, heh. But Tippett's won more with less.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Whatever.

Just like there were super passionate and interested baseball fans in Toronto in the years between 1994-2014, before it became cool.

fH99xn4.gif

Quick

Banned
Whatever.

Your dislike of Original 6 teams' fans is interesting.

Pikma

Banned
Don't shoo away the Coyotes-fan, we don't have anyone else. :(

Also Dallas "we like to bang on glass" doesn't have great fans. I mean, there's Pikma, too.

Dallas does have great fans, what the hell are you talking about? I mean, I'm the worst but that doesn't mean there are better, or less worse, fans out there.

Your dislike of Original 6 teams' fans is interesting.

Dislike? What? I respect those teams and the fans. They're the ones that sell out our rink. I love them. Them and the Canuck fans that find it cheaper to fly to Phoenix and buy a seat than see a game in Vancouver. Not really sure where you're getting any dislike. I'm just saying it's not just original 6 fans that are "good" fans.

Everything about this is absolutely hilarious. Can't wait for the Nordiques redux version.

Good on you for sticking it out though, we need more fans posting from the fringe teams.

Figure I'm living on borrowed time with this team. Like having a dog you know has some incurable disease. You just want to love it as much as you can before the inevitable. Fortunately, Ducks nation has already offered me an invite to shift loyalties once my team moves. Nice of 'em. I'll take them up on it, the Pond's a nice place.

considering we're keeping his team alive.

I don't hate Coyotes fan, but there are too few of them to keep the team in the green and that's frustrating

Meh. If anyone, it's Bettman keeping the team alive. Everyone else would have had this team move years ago. Especially Canadian fan.

There are too few Coyote fans, and the financial situation of the club is a disaster for basically everyone involved except the Coyotes rotating ownership club of get your free money here.

coyotes have plenty of fans...in phoenix, the teams move to glendale has been awful, and it was jsut as they were building something up in phoenix

That too. A rink in Scottsdale would have changed the entire situation.

Quick

Banned
coyotes have plenty of fans...in phoenix, the teams move to glendale has been awful, and it was jsut as they were building something up in phoenix

My knowledge of the Yotes' is a bit hazy, but they did have something good going when they were actually in Phoenix. The move to Glendale really crippled them.

imBask

Banned

3rd worst attendance in the league and a huge deficit every year... as I said, they might have fans but not enough to keep them alive

Meh. If anyone, it's Bettman keeping the team alive. Everyone else would have had this team move years ago. Especially Canadian fan.

they still need to move though

3rd worst attendance in the league and a huge deficit every year... as I said, they might have fans but not enough to keep them alive

Glendale =/= Phoenix. When the club actually played in Phoenix, attendance was much better, as were the financials. Still not great. But better. They had a chance to build there.

Top Bottom