• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

Clearly it's not working as well as both Glendale and the NHL were hoping. So why not move them back to downtown Phoenix proper.

I think so too but it would hinge on how they can make a deal with the Suns. Who also are looking for new construction in the near future. Could be beneficial for both teams.

Why is everyone so mad and hostile today

DON'T TELL ME HOW I FEEL.

6:30 PM is part of rush hour.

Not the Tabròn™ Rush hour:

Quick

Banned
Not only that, but who the hell plans on getting to the game 1 minute before the puck drops?

Game times in Arizona are 7PM, sometimes 7:30.

Westgate, where the rink is, has a ton of great places to hang out at before the game. They also allow tailgating in the lot for certain games if you want. So in order to get there with an hour to spare to get game ready, you have to leave Phoenix or Scottsdale at 4:30-5 and hope no traffic is in the way.

But if you have a job and/or family to take, it makes it impossible to get there with any kind of cushion.

If the rink was in an urban area, like it used to be when they were at America West, there's a much bigger pool of fans that can get there.

But hey Google Maps tells me its close, so the people there just suck.

Tabris' opinions should be taken with extreme skepticism.

Tabris

Ok then. You certainly know more than the locals that, you know, actually live there. Good to know that the drive from downtown took me and others a lot less time than, you know, it actually does.

Oh come on. All I did was share an outlook on the season and, as expected, a response like this comes out.

I wasn't speaking to you on the market thing. You seem super defensive. I don't know how anyone can dispute that Phoenix is officially the worst market over the last 5 years though. It's a statistic fact.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Hockey_League_attendance_figures

Other teams suffer from bad teams affecting attendance, but when they have good teams, they can make better attendance numbers (Panthers as example). Coyotes made the Conference Finals in 2011-2012 and were still last in attendance that year and 2nd the year after.

Understood.

I know I'm losing my team in a couple years.

Makes a guy sensitive.

Coyotes made the Conference Finals in 2011-2012 and were still last in attendance that year and 2nd the year after.

Wait, what? The Coyotes have bad attendance? Holy shit dude. I never realized that. I went to the infamous Halloween game back in 2009 where I counted 285 people actually in the stands, but wow. I didn't realize until JUST NOW that attendance has been terrible. Did you google that too? Maybe I should learn how to google. Seems to do wonders for you.

Tabris

By the way, it takes the same amount of time to get to Jobing arena from Phoenix, as it takes to go to BB&T arena from Fort Lauderdale.

Phoenix is just a bad market and only reason it exists is due to Bettman wanting to keep and/or increase American market presence for TV deals.

Quick

Banned
I think so too but it would hinge on how they can make a deal with the Suns. Who also are looking for new construction in the near future. Could be beneficial for both teams.

This as well. If the Suns are looking to get a new arena, they could probably cut a deal with the Coyotes to chip in.

theres also a higher population on the east side of phoenix than the west that would be apathetic to drive another 30 minutes extra to Glendale versus downtown phoenix which is already 30-45 minutes

imBask

Banned
Understood.

I know I'm losing my team in a couple years.

Makes a guy sensitive.

Wait, what? The Coyotes have bad attendance? Holy shit dude. I never realized that. I went to the infamous Halloween game back in 2009 where I counted 285 people actually in the stands, but wow. I didn't realize until JUST NOW that attendance has been terrible. Did you google that too? Maybe I should learn how to google. Seems to do wonders for you.

calm down there buddy

and don't worry you'll make a great Las Vegas's Hilton Vegas Hotels and Spa Visit Hilton.com™ fan

Foggy

My fault. Expecting to actually talk about the Coyote hockey club but instead devolving right into "Phoenix sucks".

Enjoy the season. Maybe I can come back once I have to become a Ducks fan.

Ducks have Corey Perry on their team. Have some dignity. Be a Flames fan.

imBask

Banned
My fault. Expecting to actually talk about the Coyote hockey club but instead devolving right into "Phoenix sucks".

Enjoy the season. Maybe I can come back once I have to become a Ducks fan.

oh please not the Ducks. And there's not much to talk about, you guys sucked and probably will suck this season too, Ekman-Larsson is cool, Chipchura is slow

Corrado is a defenceman so I don't know how that can be a lateral move from Panik :p

Harrington did make the team, btw. Him being sent down is temporary while Panik is picked up or sent down.

Touche, but you know what I meant. I hope.

I didn't know about Harrington, because I just saw the news on the SportsNet ticker. It said, "...send D Harrington down to AHL's Marlies."

Good to know

Pikma

Banned
ib1nqIgXx87FBc.png

Sean Avery is at it again.

Former NHL player Sean Avery was arrested last week on two criminal charges.

According to a report from the 27east.com, Avery was arrested by Southampton Village Police on Wednesday, Sept. 30 following a routine traffic stop.

Avery was charged with fourth-degree criminal mischief and seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, both misdemeanours.

According to the report, the criminal mischief charge was for Avery allegedly throwing objects at passing vehicles. He also was found to be in possession of two prescription drugs, acetaminophen with oxycodone and roxicodone
Avery was released on bail.

The 35-year-old last played in the NHL in the 2011-12 season. In 580 career games, Avery had 90 goals and 247 points.

http://www.tsn.ca/report-former-nhler-avery-arrested-1.372713

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Reading multiple people trying to engage Tabris in any kind of rational discussion.....

dWiAkFO.gif

Socreges

Banned
I eagerly await the day when I can use my tabrisbanned.gif again.

goddamnit guys, there goes our only coyotes fan
Eh. He's been around before. Always the same thing - high emotions drawn from perceived victimization. Hopefully he sticks around and talks hockey one of these days.

Quick

Banned
I eagerly await the day when I can use my tabrisbanned.gif again.

Eh. He's been around before. Always the same thing - high emotions drawn from perceived victimization. Hopefully he sticks around and talks hockey one of these days.

Fuck Mike Smith.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I assume anyone who uses the phrase "haters gonna hate" is 15 and survives on Mountain Dew

Side question - any former Atlanta Thrasher fans around? What happened to them?

Hopefully he sticks around and talks hockey one of these days.

Would love to. Tried to. Two people responded with hockey, the others with business situation, driving times and moving the team. Happened last time, too.

Would love to talk about the garbage pile Mike Smith turned into. I like gifs.

I assume anyone who uses the phrase "haters gonna hate" is 15 and survives on Mountain Dew

It was a joke.

Mike Smith 14W 42L last season, how's that even possible, jesus

Made me question my center ice subscription, that's for sure. Last year was so bad.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Would love to. Tried to. Two people responded with hockey, the others with business situation, driving times and moving the team. Happened last time, too.

Would love to talk about the garbage pile Mike Smith turned into. I like gifs.

It was a joke.

Don't let it get to you. If the Canadians giving you a hard time in this thread were born in Phoenix, only like 5% of them would be hockey fans, if that.

What do you guys expect Queso to do? Grow up a Canucks fan?

CS - a lot of good natured salt gets thrown around here about cities and teams. Don't let it get to you. Grab the shaker and throw some salt back.

Calamari41

41 > 38
CS - a lot of good natured salt gets thrown around here about cities and teams. Don't let it get to you. Grab the shaker and throw some salt back.

This.

Queso, I suggest researching some of these teams' cities and finding hilarious facts about them.

You'll have to go into the deep web to find any information at all about most of the Canadian ones.

Top Bottom