• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Watching the Ice Caps game, how the fuck is the AHL feeds still so bad? I seriously have home videos from the 90s that are clearer than this

Samyy

How much of that has to do with playing r with Rielly? I imagine he boost Harrington's numbers quite a bit

I haven't been looking at analytics for a while so I'm actually not sure how to figure that out, either way I would be happy (Rielly being that good/Harrington being good enough).

Them as a pair though were very effective last night based on these charts:

CSLoMpPWsAA9XaN.png

CSLoM7sWsAETRek.png

Outperformed the Subban/Markov pair but Montreal didn't really look like themselves last night.

Red_Man

Duchene is a mediocre player you guys. What the fuck happened to him.
Watched a bit of that game last night and the only time he was noticeable was when he would fail trying to dangle a guy. Wonder if it's some undisclosed injury or just a confidence issue.

Samyy

Duchene is a mediocre player you guys. What the fuck happened to him.

Shitty coaching?
The night and day difference between Carlyle and Babcock has been a real eye opener into the impact a good coach can have on a team's on ice performance. In the analytics world at least there was question as to how much impact a coach can have on a teams on ice performance. The results, while early, have been dramatic.

Rielly/Gardiner look much improved, Kadri looks great. Feels good man.

Watched a bit of that game last night and the only time he was noticeable was when he would fail trying to dangle a guy. Wonder if it's some undisclosed injury or just a confidence issue.

He looked the same all of last season too. Honestly he's been different since his last MCL issue. I mean we've never really had a consistent partner for him and that has always been a huge issue but he's playing like he couldn't give much of a shit anymore. I don't really understand it.
Shitty coaching?
The night and day difference between Carlyle and Babcock has been a real eye opener into the impact a good coach can have on a team's on ice performance. In the analytics world at least there was question as to how much impact a coach can have on a teams on ice performance. The results, while early, have been dramatic.

Rielly/Gardiner look much improved, Kadri looks great. Feels good man.
Every time he talks about Roy it's fucking sunshine and roses. So if that's the case he needs to be as honest as he was regarding O'Reilly. Duchene is a bigger piece to this team than Roy will ever be again.

Samyy

Every time he talks about Roy it's fucking sunshine and roses. So if that's the case he needs to be as honest as he was regarding O'Reilly. Duchene is a bigger piece to this team than Roy will ever be again.

Right but that could just be the sort of mentality drilled into players to not come out and question their coaches. When players do that they get labels, unfortunately.

Right but that could just be the sort of mentality drilled into players to not come out and question their coaches. When players do that they get labels, unfortunately.

I don't think there's a player on this team who buys what Roy is selling anymore save for maybe Zadorov and some other newcomers. There's no question in my mind they've tuned him out. He wouldn't be in the minority if he said anything and that's the issue here. Roy is unproven in this league. Great first season with absolutely zero followup to how the rest of the league picked apart his system. And now he's blabbing about advanced stats as if just throwing around terms is going to save us. It's a fucking disaster every time we step on the ice and it's all on Roy at this point.

Samyy

I don't think there's a player on this team who buys what Roy is selling anymore save for maybe Zadorov and some other newcomers. There's no question in my mind they've tuned him out. He wouldn't be in the minority if he said anything and that's the issue here. Roy is unproven in this league. Great first season with absolutely zero followup to how the rest of the league picked apart his system. And now he's blabbing about advanced stats as if just throwing around terms is going to save us. It's a fucking disaster every time we step on the ice and it's all on Roy at this point.

His firing is going to be pretttttty awkward haha
I wonder how long it takes, Sakic's gotta man up.

When we brought Roy on as coach I can recall being pretty hesitant about it but at the same time I wanted to see what he could do for us. The first season hoodwinked the fuck out of a lot of fans and although I wasn't completely sold on Roy it was hard to deny the results. He just has not followed up at all. He seems to think that we're going to magically convince people to forget how to play against us every game. This off-season Sakic and Roy decided that our issue was lack of size so we got bigger. That wasn't a terrible idea, but bigger players aren't going to prop up a system like this. Nothing will.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Apparently that Harrington/Rielly pair was really good last night
I have to be honest I thought Harrington was just a throw in, but he's been decent?

Adding him to the list

Samyy doesn't believe in you

Connor Brown
Scott Harrington

Yawnier

Banned
Steve Dangle is pledging $100 to local charity of whatever team beats the ducks and if it results in them firing BB and hiring Randy Carlyle

lol

Team sucks.

Fun weekend at MTL though, saw the Raps at the bell centre. Place was nuts, city can easily support an NBA team.

I want a Montreal Team.

There was talk like a few months ago the Head of the NBA went to Montreal for a meeting with the Bell Centre owners. I think the Bell Centre can totally support a NBA team

Red_Man

Barberio is clearly an NHLer. Something has to give with him Tinordi and Pateryn all sitting on the outside

Erdrick

The line of Ehlers/Scheifle/Perrault is one of the most dangerous ones, offensively, in the league. They're just so... fast.

Ehlers... He's better than I expected so far. Each game he plays, he impresses more.

Top Bottom