• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

Orca

Drives me nuts that tennis and FIFa have goal line/box line tech and the NHL doesn't. Stick four sensors in the puck spaced the same in every puck so you can read them and extrapolate the position of the puck. Boom - never a question again.

zroid

Banned
"inconclusive"

CSNzqGMWsAAbOJ3.png:orig

I get the rule, they can't see that the puck actually crossed, what if it was in the front of the glove and not the pocket? They just need sensors, although it's not that frequent.

Socreges

Banned
I get the rule, they can't see that the puck actually crossed, what if it was in the front of the glove and not the pocket? They just need sensors, although it's not that frequent.

5 in a row.

And yeah that rule is dumb.
The rule is dumb, but it actually looks like there are angles showing the puck in.

Also, MGSV episode 31 spoilers -
Fuck this metal gear battle. It's awesome but I keep failing at the very end when he's got no health left and breaks out the death laser. Fucking fuck

Heretic

The rule is dumb, but it actually looks like there are angles showing the puck in.

Fuck this metal gear battle. It's awesome but I keep failing at the very end when he's got no health left and breaks out the death laser. Fucking fuck

spoiler!!! is it really one though?

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
"inconclusive"

CSNzqGMWsAAbOJ3.png:orig

THAT is the view I was talking about, ty.

Oilers got screwed. The network showed that view first, then NEVER went back to it. They kept showing the same overhead one at multiple levels of zoom, like we would somehow see through the glove if zoomed in lol?

Ah well :(

Socreges

Banned
[soccer]

That reminds me. I scored a goal today from 35 yards out (!). We started celebrating. Ref runs to the net, calls a goal kick. The ball had gone through the net, so he thought it had gone over the bar. We tell him, he inspects the net, sees the hole, insists it went over the net. The coach on the other team, in a super classy move, walks onto the field and tells the ref he saw it go in. Ref concedes - good goal! Dude almost robbed me of one the best goals I've ever scored

[/soccer]

Heretic

[soccer]

That reminds me. I scored a goal today from 35 yards out (!). We started celebrating. Ref runs to the net, calls a goal kick. The ball had gone through the net, so he thought it had gone over the bar. We tell him, he inspects the net, sees the hole, insists it went over the net. The coach on the other team, in a super classy move, walks onto the field and tells the ref he saw it go in. Ref concedes - good goal! Dude almost robbed me of one the best goals I've ever scored

[/soccer]
Niiiiiiiiiiiice! Similar situation happen to me. A ball got through me while I was covering the near post. I had no idea how it squeaked through but it did. Told the ref it went through the hole in the net and how it was impossible to get by when I'm RIGHT THERE covering. I wasn't classy. He bought it.

Wish I could play soccer competitively without risk of injury :/ have a torn ACL that I'm too stubborn to get surgery on because 1) I'll probably lose 20% muscle mass and gain at least 10%fat, and 2) horror stories from my friends who have had it done. I'll wait until I'm 50 thanks :)

Pikma

Banned
The only sport I've ever played competitively is football and only for a pair of seasons because I had to quit once I started going to college. I did give soccer a try when I was in high school too, and actually enjoyed playing goalie but I never got into a league or something, not even sure why.

Socreges

Banned
Niiiiiiiiiiiice! Similar situation happen to me. A ball got through me while I was covering the near post. I had no idea how it squeaked through but it did. Told the ref it went through the hole in the net and how it was impossible to get by when I'm RIGHT THERE covering. I wasn't classy. He bought it.
You are what's wrong with the world, Heretic.

woulda done the same

Wish I could play soccer competitively without risk of injury :/ have a torn ACL that I'm too stubborn to get surgery on because 1) I'll probably lose 20% muscle mass and gain at least 10%fat, and 2) horror stories from my friends who have had it done. I'll wait until I'm 50 thanks :)
Given my history of knee injuries, I'm very grateful that I can still play. But at the same time I'll probably regret it when I'm older and both of my knees need to be replaced.

Aren't you better to do the surgery now and rehab it while you're still young and able to recover decently?

You are what's wrong with the world, Heretic.

woulda done the same

Given my history of knee injuries, I'm very grateful that I can still play. But at the same time I'll probably regret it when I'm older and both of my knees need to be replaced.

Aren't you better to do the surgery now and rehab it while you're still young and able to recover decently?

Probably, I'm probably in the best shape of my life right now so I want to enjoy it for a bit before I gotta do a bunch of work to get it back. I'm gonna put it off for a bit but I'm not sure how long.

@smack I don't live in Canada anymore -_-

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Probably, I'm probably in the best shape of my life right now so I want to enjoy it for a bit before I gotta do a bunch of work to get it back. I'm gonna put it off for a bit but I'm not sure how long.

@smack I don't live in Canada anymore -_-

That explains the no surgery then. You missing universal healthcare?

Also Soc, what's that distance in real units?

did you beat it? theres actually really easy ways to deal with that

Samyy

Detroit taking such a big hit isn't a surprise to anyone who's not a Red Wings fan

Nah but Blashill is basically Babcock!

Anyway, Preds extended Mattias Ekholm on a really nice deal, their defence is crazy good :(

A top 5 of Josi/Weber/Ekholm/Ellis/Jones.....

Our schedule sucks so far. There's been no flow to the season, lots of 2 and 3 day gaps between games. I honestly think it's one of the reasons why the team is playing so badly, albeit a small one.

Socreges

Banned
That explains the no surgery then. You missing universal healthcare?

Also Soc, what's that distance in real units?
What do you call an 18-yard box in Europe? Double it

did you beat it? theres actually really easy ways to deal with that
Yeah. I figured there were easy ways, but I didn't want to go that route. It's actually a really fun (and truly epic) battle.

Nkw that I've beaten it, what are these really easy ways

Detroit taking such a big hit isn't a surprise to anyone who's not a Red Wings fan
They needed a change! They'd made the playoffs for too many consecutive years.

What do you call an 18-yard box in Europe? Double it

Yeah. I figured there were easy ways, but I didn't want to go that route. It's actually a really fun (and truly epic) battle.

Nkw that I've beaten it, what are these really easy ways

They needed a change! They'd made the playoffs for too many consecutive years.
fight by the rocks and just stand there while he blasts the rock fruitlessly. use this free time to call in supplies. Then when he starts jumping at you just
shoot the kid with an assault rifle as he appears to stagger the whole thing

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Markov named the 2nd star of the week, not bad for a 36 year old.

How long until someone is outraged by this? (It's Yannick Weber)

10005725_1626588460926802_284086401_n.jpg

Top Bottom