• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

Stasis

I've seen quite a few ppl run out of NHL gaf over the years. And I mean it both as they run out and they're run out. Anyway, point is...

Y'all don't scare me. Long live Kreider. Arooooo. Hockey tomorrow betches.

Edit: Also, I'd rather live in Glendale than Ottawa.

Socreges

Banned
Don't let it get to you. If the Canadians giving you a hard time in this thread were born in Phoenix, only like 5% of them would be hockey fans, if that.

What do you guys expect Queso to do? Grow up a Canucks fan?
Calamari got a soft spot for Queso. Not our fault he turtles so quickly. Dude's gotta work on that backbone and throw back, as you say.

But really he came in punching from day one and desperately invited the abuse. You can't have it both ways.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Calamari got a soft spot for Queso. Not our fault he turtles so quickly. Dude's gotta work on that backbone and throw back, as you say.

But really he came in punching from day one and desperately invited the abuse. You can't have it both ways.

Interestingly, now that I think about it, I think I got naturally defensive toward Queso because people in here are acting the way Kings fans act in real life.

Stasis

No Rangers' fans stick around. They're either all babies or I need to be more inviting. You don't get much nicer than Meta, so it has to be my fault I feel.

Pikma

Banned
We won't make it to the playoffs, but we'll still score more goals than you.

austinkicksdouby.gif

I've seen quite a few ppl run out of NHL gaf over the years. And I mean it both as they run out and they're run out. Anyway, point is...

Y'all don't scare me. Long live Kreider. Arooooo. Hockey tomorrow betches.

Edit: Also, I'd rather live in Glendale than Ottawa.
At least Ottawa isnt philadelphia

Side question - any former Atlanta Thrasher fans around? What happened to them?

Never a Thrasher fan but do live in Atlanta. Preds were actually pretty active courting fans after they moved with advertising and tickets etc. Mostly stopped watching hockey though. What's really sad is how youth hockey has largely collapsed around the metro area. I only have anecdotal evidence but within a few years most of the roller rinks closed and there are maybe a handful of rev leagues out there.

In my job though I still come across Thrasher stuff, even have used sticks from players.

Sanjuro

Maple Leaf Gardens is now half-grocery store, half-Varsity hockey venue.

I think it's kind of neat. Only thing around here that was going to be relevant was when Fenway was supposed to be torn down. Instead they gentrified the hell out of the area.

Stasis

At least Ottawa isnt philadelphia

You've got a point. I almost posted Philly but my mom and a lot of friends are near there so I decided to shit elsewhere. Center City is nice. I like going there for the restaurants. Otherwise yeah, fuck Philly. And Newark.

Speaking of Newark, is Osorio around?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Now that we're mentioning Calgary, I DO wonder how many times yoda's jerked it to the mascot feature of NHL16 so far

Meh. What can I throw back, hockey wise? Not like I'm coming from a position of strength with this team, local history, etc.

"Oh yeah? Well let me tell you, no NHL fanbase is as into Meth as Phoenix!"

The RoadRunners never even won anything.

Interestingly, now that I think about it, I think I got naturally defensive toward Queso because people in here are acting the way Kings fans act in real life.

So that's what triggered me. Makes total sense now.

Or he could go for the Canadian jugular - bagged milk.

I'm not a monster.

Never a Thrasher fan but do live in Atlanta. Preds were actually pretty active courting fans after they moved with advertising and tickets etc. Mostly stopped watching hockey though. What's really sad is how youth hockey has largely collapsed around the metro area. I only have anecdotal evidence but within a few years most of the roller rinks closed and there are maybe a handful of rev leagues out there.

This is what will bum me out the most about the Coyotes leaving. Hopefully the RoadRunners will come back, be part of the AHL now that Ontario, San Diego, Bakersfield and Stockton all have teams.

I don't care how bad Phoenix is, it has to be a better place to live than Detroit.

It's a great place to live. Spring training baseball, beautiful winters, good cost of living, great local beer. Not the best job market, and there's the whole water thing. But other than that, it's great.

Forge in Halo 5 is crazy, not a full on computer editior, but it has just about any feature you'd want from forge. It's not out until December, but there's a lot of content in Halo 5 so pretty understandable.

@hfialkov: Jagr told me the power of the hair is,coming back. Samson is coming back #jagr

@hfialkov: Jagr said he cut it of after career year because of girl he was living with "since then I couldn't score" #flapanthers

Y'all ain't ready. Y'all. Ain't. Ready.

Top Bottom