• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

Dion Phaneuf :

Dion Phaneuf walks into Starbucks. He does not acknowledge anyone in the Starbucks. He leaves with his order. The baristas complain about it

Price
Carey Price is waiting patiently for his coffee. There is a trainee barista working behind the counter and she accidentally knocks over a shelf, causing an avalanche of mugs to come crashing down. Price saves every single one of them with ease. Like the faux-cowboy that he is, he makes a fake gun out of his hand and blows on his index finger as if it is a smoking barrel.

Pleks
Tomas Plekanec is asked politely by the barista to stop attempting to wear the protective coffee sleeves around his neck.

Kassian
Zack Kassian attempts to get the lid of his mocha to stay on but he has no success

Why no Subban thou.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

awww yiss

always knew they sold well so this doesn't really come as a surprise to me. If anything, that means they'll have enough of a budget to fully flesh out Season 2 and not be forced to shorten some of the scenes

What's up with Horvat? Never been a powerhouse offensively but still

Anaheim losing a 3-goal lead after finally GETTING A 3-GOAL LEAD must have been devastating.

Sophomore Slump?

Tabris

What's up with Horvat? Never been a powerhouse offensively but still

He was a rookie that played in a sheltered environment. Now he has more responsibilities and it takes time to grow into it. Give him some time. So many rookies go through this ebb and flow in their sophomore year as they need to re-learn their game when they have more attention and more things to consider.

We'll see if he's a Cody Hodgson (only successful in sheltered environment) or not by the end of the year.

Tabris

I haven't watched any Ducks game - How's Kevin Bieska doing?

I don't care about that Ryan Kesler traitor and hope he never scores a goal again. Fuck him.

trifelife

There's nothing wrong with Bo, are you kidding. He is so strong carrying the puck, you see guys try to push him over and he just keeps on skating and dictating play. Dude's so hungry battling for the puck. Last night he was a beast even though he didn't get a point.

Socreges

Banned
I keep forgetting to put Thing on ignore when I have the chance. Sucks that it isn't possible on mobile.

Edit- I didn't say anything was wrong with Horvat. Just drawing attention to his 2 (two) points

Calamari41

41 > 38

I don't care about that Ryan Kesler traitor and hope he never scores a goal again. Fuck him.

He was invisible to me until someone asked the same question the other day. I paid attention last night, and he was awful. Blowing assignments left and right, and allowing crippling wide-open passes.

Tabris

I keep forgetting to put Thing on ignore when I have the chance. Sucks that it isn't possible on mobile.

Only person I had on ignore is Dastardly and that's because he said "oh well bye" about someone dying of cancer. Oh and I think Marvie once.

He was invisible to me until someone asked the same question the other day. I paid attention last night, and he was awful. Blowing assignments left and right, and allowing crippling wide-open passes.

That's a shame. Kevin Bieksa is a good guy. He would have amazing moments but then some really bad moments in Vancouver. Most memorable moment for me is the stanchion slapshot to go to the Stanley Cup against SJ. We'll see in a couple years how our 2nd round draft pick turns out as we pick next year and it'll take a year or 2 to see them at anything more then a prospect camp.

EDIT - Benefit is if ANA plays like this for the year, that 2nd round pick is basically a 1st round pick.

I told you Ducks fan, Kesler's whiney dumb traitor face cursed your team.

He joined last year, not this year. You should aim to tell us nothing at all.

Anaheim losing a 3-goal lead after finally GETTING A 3-GOAL LEAD must have been devastating.

Yep. It was cool as.

Nobody cares what you think.
Only person I had on ignore is Dastardly and that's because he said "oh well bye" about someone dying of cancer. Oh and I think Marvie once.

Oh thank fuck.

Calamari41

41 > 38
That's a shame. Kevin Bieksa is a good guy. He would have amazing moments but then some really bad moments in Vancouver. Most memorable moment for me is the stanchion snapshot to go to the Stanley Cup against SJ.

Yeah I'm not holding it against him too much because 1) everyone else is sucking as well, 2) it's becoming clear that coaching is an issue, and 3) it's also becoming clear that there's something wrong with the chemistry of the team overall which isn't anybody's "fault" per se.

nzhbYaS.jpg

Stats don't equal wins

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Tabris

Yeah I'm not holding it against him too much because 1) everyone else is sucking as well, 2) it's becoming clear that coaching is an issue, and 3) it's also becoming clear that there's something wrong with the chemistry of the team overall which isn't anybody's "fault" per se.

1) Isn't your team similar to ours, that your success will always be dependent on one of your "twins"? Getzlaf has been insane last couple of years, and then you had the Corey Perry hart year before then? But the year before that, both of them were playing poorly and you were a top draft pick team. If they aren't playing or aren't playing well, then your team falls apart? Or am I off on that?

2) Why do you say this? Is there some hint like there is in Colorado with players disagreeing with Patrick Roy openly?

3) Well besides traitor Ryan Kesler ;)

RC

Banned
Thanks guys. Im a geologist (but not the kind that makes the big bucks in downtown Calgary). Worked in a lab.

Pretty hard times in cow town.....soon no one will have cable.

Hopefully you'll find something soon.

No cable huh? Welcome to west coast living.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Thanks guys. Im a geologist (but not the kind that makes the big bucks in downtown Calgary). Worked in a lab.

Pretty hard times in cow town.....soon no one will have cable.

Thanks. It was boom. I had already survived several rounds of layoffs....thought they were done..guess not.

damn, you moving to the west coast?

fakeedit: damnit desi

I know for a fact that SGS is always hiring, I keep getting alerts despite it not being my field. (I'm sure you know the company?)

Quick

Banned
I just want to take a moment here and say that Smelly's probably one of the coolest dudes here, in terms of being readily available to help people out.

Offering 19&21 some airmiles to fly out.
Schuey with some employment info.
Me with booking plane tickets (I didn't do it yet!).

But, he's still a god damn Europeen Communist.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
sucks bro. good luck with the search.

did they at least give you compensation since there's no notice. you don't have to answer but you're probably entitled to it.

http://work.alberta.ca/employment-standards/termination-of-employment-and-termination-pay.html

Thanks. Got an ok package. Will give a little bit of breathing room.

damn, you moving to the west coast?

fakeedit: damnit desi

I know for a fact that SGS is always hiring, I keep getting alerts despite it not being my field. (I'm sure you know the company?)

Cool, ill look it up thanks.

Sending some good vibes and Kessel vibes your way, Schuey. :(

Thanks man!

Calamari41

41 > 38
1) Isn't your team similar to ours, that your success will always be dependent on one of your "twins"? Getzlaf has been insane last couple of years, and then you had the Corey Perry hart year before then? But the year before that, both of them were playing poorly and you were a top draft pick team. If they aren't playing or aren't playing well, then your team falls apart? Or am I off on that?

2) Why do you say this? Is there some hint like there is in Colorado with players disagreeing with Patrick Roy openly?

3) Well besides traitor Ryan Kesler ;)

1) While those two are always important, we've had our most success when the others step up. Last year in particular, guys like Beleskey, Vatman, Silf, and, yes, especially Kesler are the ones who lifted us to within a hair's breadth of the SCF. Perry and Getzlaf are slumping without a doubt, but we really seem to miss guys like Beauchemin and Beleskey. A lot of Ducks fans seem to agree that Murray has gotten too cute for his own good this offseason, probably because he's seen so many younger guys step up over the last couple of years.

2) I have no idea what's going on with the coaching specifically, but it's impossible not to notice that Boudreau and Maclean aren't talking to each other behind the bench. We also have a new S&C coach, and all of a sudden aren't able to physically last an entire game. It's also blatant that there are no adjustments being made during games, which was what really killed us last night.

3) Kesler was our playoff MVP by a significant margin. He's the only one out there really busting his ass most of the time. Ducks Nation loves our boy Kes and wouldn't get mad at him for any reason!

Dang Schuey, sorry to hear that.

You guys know Friedman's 30 thoughts? I did a Fubar's 30 thoughts on Halo 5 here.

I know there are some Halo fans in here that might like it. Maybe.

But going back to hockey, who else here has Hockeystreams? Are you guys close to losing your membership/sub ending? Apparently there are issues with renewing that you have to manually submit a help ticket and get things taken care of that way.

I can't help but think that there is something going on with the new MLB stream team thing that the NHL hired. It has to because of that, no?

Pikma

Banned
Thanks. It was boom. I had already survived several rounds of layoffs....thought they were done..guess not.
Schuey my man :(
Sorry to hear that, I really hope you can get back to work asap, and maybe in an even better place!

Wish I could be more useful to you but I'm just a dumb unemployed student.

Top Bottom