• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

Socreges

Banned
HH fans...

PlA6ceq.gif

(courtesy of ElTorro, btw)

It's up! Ancient Persia! Excellent

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So Viktor Stalberg has been medically cleared to play, but he'll sit out at least one more game so he can get another practice in before returning. Says he wasn't 100% after the hit to the head, but he didn't develop any concussion symptoms nor was it anything like when he had suffered concussions in the past. So that's all good news.

Also confirmation that Stepan and Brassard will be rejoining the Kreider and Nash lines respectively, so that's something to look forward to tomorrow.

Canucks lines at practice:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Burrows-Sutter-Virtanen
Baertschi-Horvat-Hansen
Gaunce-McCann-Dorsett
Cracknell

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Weber
Sbisa-Bartkowski
Biega

That blueline without Hamhuis...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
AV on the Rangers' performance so far this season:

"If you were to go through that whole group and ask them to rate themselves 1 to 10, other than both goaltenders and maybe Klein and Stepan there’d be a lot of people worried about getting a talk from their mother on their 1st report card."

Seems about right.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Hutton with Sbisa is good, he can pick up the puck from whatever the fuck Luca is doing and skate it away.

Bart's going to be a tire fire with Sbisa.

It always surprises me to remember that Sbisa is only two years older than Hutton.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
well deserved, Semin is incredibly frustrating to watch
I agree watching how he skates and moves on the ice can be frustrating, but it seems to be more due to his style. All his advanced stats seem to indicate he's one of the more productive forwards, he's just been really unlucky so far.

imBask

Banned
I agree watching how he skates and moves on the ice can be frustrating, but it seems to be more due to his style. All his advanced stats seem to indicate he's one of the more productive forwards, he's just been really unlucky so far.

I don't know... this is where I draw the line for advanced stats, watching him play I see a guy who doesn't seem to care, won't shoot, won't skate too much and turns the puck over in very important situations

I might be biased, but sometimes advanced stats are a little hard to believe

Socreges

Banned
Canucks lines at practice:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Burrows-Sutter-Virtanen
Baertschi-Horvat-Hansen
Gaunce-McCann-Dorsett
Cracknell

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Weber
Sbisa-Bartkowski
Biega

That blueline without Hamhuis...
Horrifying.

But four rookie forwards! + 20-year-old Horvat

Byron is in tonight, Semin is out.

so-it-begins1.gif
About time they stopped trying to shove Semin down your throats.

Red still trying to choke it down, though:

Red_Man

I don't know... this is where I draw the line for advanced stats, watching him play I see a guy who doesn't seem to care, won't shoot, won't skate too much and turns the puck over in very important situations

I might be biased, but sometimes advanced stats are a little hard to believe
I thought all of those things too, but apparently he has more shots on net per minute than Pleks?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Regardless, I think it's too early but I guess it's time to see what Byron can do. Hopefully DSP takes Semin's spot, as he's actually played well and is fast enough to keep up with AGally & Eller.

imBask

Banned
I thought all of those things too, but apparently he has more shots on net per minute than Pleks?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Regardless, I think it's too early but I guess it's time to see what Byron can do. Hopefully DSP takes Semin's spot, as he's actually played well and is fast enough to keep up with AGally & Eller.

Flynn appears to be playing on the 2nd line tonight

Michel Therrien'd

Red_Man

"You don't want to see players hiding behind the success of this hockey team," said Michel Therrien today. Who could he be referring to?

This fucking guy

P.K. Subban has been on the ice for a league-high 24 goals for. That's two thirds of the #Habs league-high 36 goals scored

tumblr_met1najRYK1qg71cno1_r1_500.gif

This fucking guy

tumblr_met1najRYK1qg71cno1_r1_500.gif

But is Therrien wrong though? Semin didn't look good in Vancouver or Toronto. Hopefully he finds his game

Paul Byron I've been told is super fast. He could be an interesting one to watch on that 4th line with Torrey and DSP

I think DSP should have been on the 2nd line too

Red_Man

Desharnais has been on for more goals against than Semin, but he would have to run over Therrien's family for him to ever be scratched.

But is Therrien wrong though? Semin didn't look good in Vancouver or Toronto. Hopefully he finds his game
If he's going to scratch him, he can do better than replacing him with Brian Flynn.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Paul Byron I've been told is super fast. He could be an interesting one to watch on that 4th line with Torrey and DSP

I think DSP should have been on the 2nd line too

Nobody looked good in Toronto or Vancouver.

Desharnais has been on for more goals against than Semin, but he would have to run over Therrien's family for him to ever be scratched.

If he's going to scratch him, he can do better than replacing him with Brian Flynn.

That's why I think we should call up a rookie

Send Flynn to the Icecaps for a bit

Red_Man

It doesn't have to be Scherbak. It can be Christian Thomas.

Actually.... Trading Thomas for Rychel wouldn't be so bad.
Lol that would never happen. Thomas is dead weight at this point, he won't be a NHLer unless he makes it on a shit team like the Devils

Top Bottom