• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

imBask

Banned
I love the tension, everyone's laughing at Bickell yet everyone's wondering if they have the dumb GM that will take the bite.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So AV says the Rangers are going to start with 14 forwards, as they are currently technically cap compliant, being approximately $150k under the salary cap. Which would mean that the Rangers are now at their 23 man group to start the season.

TANNER GLASS IS HERE TO STAY!

I know it's the Oilers, but man did that Horvat-Virtanen-Baertschi line look good last night.

And if that's how Talbot is going to play the Oilers are going to win the lottery again.

If he can keep his dumbass penalties to a minimum, he should do well on the 4th line, I've been surprised at some of the plays he's dished out so far. We'll have to see where he's at after 5 games into the regular season, my expectations are at a minimum.

Kassian needs consistency. Staple him to the 4th line every game and he should be decent. Of course he'll likely get complacent and lose interest at moving up the depth chart, leading him to be scratched.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I hope the Habs sign TomᚠFleischmann soon or at least bring up Hudon

Edit: Holzer is on Waivers too
Fleischmann wouldn't still be at camp if they weren't going to sign him, it's only a matter of time. None of the kids really stood out enough this year to challenge him which is fine. Time in the AHL never hurt anyone.

Kassian needs consistency. Staple him to the 4th line every game and he should be decent. Of course he'll likely get complacent and lose interest at moving up the depth chart, leading him to be scratched.
Hopefully the knowledge that this may be his last shot at playing in the NHL will be enough to keep him going for more than 10 games. Pretty obvious he has the skill to play higher up in the line up.

So AV says the Rangers are going to start with 14 forwards, as they are currently technically cap compliant, being approximately $150k under the salary cap. Which would mean that the Rangers are now at their 23 man group to start the season.

TANNER GLASS IS HERE TO STAY!
so baffling, but makes me so happy. sign craig adams to go with him for some real fun

keezy

Has anybody played in a fantasy league on CBS? Looks like they have 2 echelons of leagues, one league has $30 entry and pays out $150 for the winner.

Any good or no?

Toronto fans get to see Cleary tonight for the first time this season. This is his audition for when he joins your club next off season!

Someone using Gamecenter Live here?
I'm thinking about getting it for this season but I would like to know how the quality of the vods is or was last season? 720p with 60fps would be awesome.
Since I'm from Europe I should not get any blackouts but I will most likely only be able to watch the vods half a day after the live games.

Merguson

Banned
Kessel just followed this account on instagram

https://instagram.com/sandramaryeats/

Must not be happy with the food trucks in Pittsburgh

fvmX2Hw.jpg

Gary Roberts diet, it is not.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Therrien said they basically know what their opening lineup will be, and it will most likely be this

Patcioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Eller - Galchenyuk - Semin
Fleischmann - Desharnais - Weise
DSP / Flynn - Mitchell - Kassian

Subban - Markov
Emelin - Petry
Beaulieu - Gilbert

Pateryn - Tinordi

Price
Condon / Tokarksi

Three scoring lines, and a fourth line that can actually make plays and has some speed. Looks pretty good, it will only be a matter of time before Beaulieu overtakes Emelin on that second pairing. No idea how this Eller on the wing experiment ends though.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Applying for jobs is no fun...

You guys might have experience in this: when's the appropriate time to disclose already-booked travel plans to a future employer? If they get back to you after an interview and initiate contract negotiations? After you've already been hired?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

You guys might have experience in this: when's the appropriate time to disclose already-booked travel plans to a future employer? If they get back to you after an interview and initiate contract negotiations? After you've already been hired?
Never give them any reason in the beginning to rule you out. Get the job first and deal with that shit afterwards.

Socreges

Banned

They can say no to your travel plans if you do it after you've been hired. If you tell them during negotiations, but leave it in their hands, they can say yes (depends on if they've basically landed on you as their choice yet) and appreciate your honesty. If you tell them during negotiations, and make that a requirement, they might just tell you to fuck off.

When are you travelling? How soon after and for how long?

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag

Maybe it depends on the industry. But for me in my industry, we always disclose it after you actually have been offered a contract. Then that's where you start negotiating so that's when you ask for time off during your designated time.

Smiley90

They can say no to your travel plans if you do it after you've been hired. If you tell them during negotiations, but leave it in their hands, they can say yes (depends on if they've basically landed on you as their choice yet) and appreciate your honesty. If you tell them during negotiations, and make that a requirement, they might just tell you to fuck off.

When are you travelling? How soon after and for how long?

3 days in February, 5 days in May, I'm looking for jobs starting January 1st (or well, as soon as possible starting that day)

Maybe it depends on the industry. But for me in my industry, we always disclose it after you actually have been offered a contract. Then that's where you start negotiating so that's when you ask for time off during your designated time.

That's what I'm wondering, yeah... Basically I don't wanna lose or turn off a potential employer by saying "oh btw I have travel planned" but I also don't wanna GET the job, THEN disclose it and then get immediately fired for not disclosing it.

Smiley90

I can't see 8 days of leave, spread out across 5 months, being an issue for an employer. Why would they fire you over it?

For not disclosing it upon getting hired?

Like "thanks for the job oh btw here's when I won't be working".

I don't know, might sound worse than it is.

I'd fire him

But because I'm a Canucks fan, not because of the vacation, right? :p

I'd fire him

You're a monster!

I guess it depends on your employer - but in my experience, I've never seen this be a problem for contract or permanent employees. Why go through the trouble of interviewing and selecting a candidate, only to be upset that he/she has a life outside of work?

Discuss it after the offer, when you're talking about salary, schedule and leave. Shouldn't be an issue - and if it is, it probably will tell you all you need to know about the culture there.

If you're hired, they assume you're going to be there for some time, and you'll inevitably take vacation. Sure the optics don't look great when you're jetting off a month after being hired, but I think if an employer goes through all the paperwork of hiring you they're not going to fire you for taking your vacation earlier than planned. Maybe when you're negotiating the contract you can innocently ask how much vacation you get and then bring it up then.

It's kind of like hiring a pregnant woman, except there are discrimination laws attached there.

Pikma

Banned

But because I'm a Canucks fan, not because of the vacation, right? :p

I'd never fire you for rooting for the wrong team, unless you were reeeeaaaally wrong and liked the Kings or something

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna miss the wings game as I'm on a plane heading to Vegas as I type this. I'm sure the fans at the Joe will cheer pretty loudly when Mike comes out from the locker room.

I'm gonna miss the wings game as I'm on a plane heading to Vegas as I type this. I'm sure the fans at the Joe will cheer pretty loudly when Mike comes out from the locker room.

I sense some sarcasm...

I will catch the first 30 minutes here but then I'm heading to hockey.

Cleary is truly showing off his best for Toronto, after this game there is no doubt they be calling asking if he is available for a trade.

Edit: Larkin looks soooo good.

Top Bottom