• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Nice to have a game against the B's this early in the season, too bad they're neutered now.

We're going to lose to a bad Bruins team, aren't we?

Pollux

Ok - so I grew up in Kentucky outside of Cincinnati. Played hockey as a kid and grew up a Red Wings fan - Federov was my favorite player and for most of my childhood the Red Wings were the closest NHL team to Cincinnati. I stopped watching the NHL around 2005 - and at the time I was still a Red Wings fan. I moved to Boston for 5 years and now I'm back in Ohio. While in Boston I followed the Bruins casually, but never had any Bruins gear and didn't really care if they won or lost.

Now I'm getting back into the NHL and I haven't followed any team for about 10 years. So should I stay a Red Wings fan, become a Bruins fan because I spent 5 years in Boston, or become a Blue Jackets fan since I live less than an hour away from Columbus.

Ok - so I grew up in Kentucky outside of Cincinnati. Played hockey as a kid and grew up a Red Wings fan - Federov was my favorite player and for most of my childhood the Red Wings were the closest NHL team to Cincinnati. I stopped watching the NHL around 2005 - and at the time I was still a Red Wings fan. I moved to Boston for 5 years and now I'm back in Ohio. While in Boston I followed the Bruins casually, but never had any Bruins gear and didn't really care if they won or lost.

Now I'm getting back into the NHL and I haven't followed any team for about 10 years. So should I stay a Red Wings fan, become a Bruins fan because I spent 5 years in Boston, or become a Blue Jackets fan since I live less than an hour away from Columbus.

None of the above. They are all the devil.

Go with the Kings. You will be loved here

JK but the BJs are kinda cool I guess

zroid

Banned

Blue Jackets imo. They're a really fun team and we need more Jacket fans!

Not having to being a fan of the same team as Crazed is just a bonus.

Maybe have Columbus as your primary team with the Wings as your second team. Columbus has a good young team and they're close by from where you are. As for Detroit, the Red Wings likely holds some nostalgic value for you so there's that. In the end though you root for the team you want.

Blue Jackets or Wings. Columbus is getting there but not quite. They just traded for Brandon Saad from Chicago who will be a Franchise player for them and they have a Likeable team. Nick Foglino is a nice guy and a good captain.

As for the Red Wings they are in new territory with a new coach and a bright newcomer that Is Dylan Larkin. I think they could be cup favourites in a few years.

I think both Wings and Blue Jackets are good teams to Follow

Pollux

Blue Jackets imo. They're a really fun team and we need more Jacket fans!

Not having to being a fan of the same team as Crazed is just a bonus.

I watched the game last night and that was just a brutal ending. One of the worst losses I've seen in a hockey game since Miami (OH) lost to BU in the national championship a few years ago.

Blue Jackets look like they have a solid young team with a great goalie - definitely seem like they have some good potential.

Edit: yeah - it's funny, I have no emotional attachment to the red wings, so i can easily start rooting for the blue jackets - but at the same time I still am always going to have a big soft spot for them since they were my team when I was a kid.

I watched the game last night and that was just a brutal ending. One of the worst losses I've seen in a hockey game since Miami (OH) lost to BU in the national championship a few years ago.

Blue Jackets look like they have a solid young team with a great goalie - definitely seem like they have some good potential.

Edit: yeah - it's funny, I have no emotional attachment to the red wings, so i can easily start rooting for the blue jackets - but at the same time I still am always going to have a big soft spot for them since they were my team when I was a kid.

honestly just pick one and stick with em. the BJs would be a lot of fun to root for especially if you like a more underdog type team.

Also you would be able to go to a lot of games theoretically since you live so close and that always helps you get closer to a team and get more swept up in them

Blue Jackets and Red Wings are not a bad combination my friend. Helps that the former has the underdog factor going for them.

Acid08

Banned
Sharks have the same lineup tonight as they had against LA.

Donskoi-Thornton-Pavelski
Marleau-Couture-Ward
Nieto-Hert-Wingels
Brown-Tierney-Goodrow

Vlasic-Braun
MArtin-Burns
Dillon-Tennyson

Jones

Pollux

honestly just pick one and stick with em. the BJs would be a lot of fun to root for especially if you like a more underdog type team.

Also you would be able to go to a lot of games theoretically since you live so close and that always helps you get closer to a team and get more swept up in them
Wel yeah, I would go with the Blue Jackets - but would still root for the Red Wings b/c of nostalgia. And I already have a couple red wings sweatshirts - not going to just throw those out haha
Blue Jackets and Red Wings are not a bad combination my friend. Helps that the former has the underdog factor going for them.
good point - and since it's a young franchise it would be nice to follow them as they mature and get older

Pikma

Banned
8GWTY2I.jpg
austinkicksdouby.gif

We're not going to win tonight.
Ha! Who do you think we are? The Minnesota Wild?

Let me tell you about a little place called Glendale, Arizona... Where your fandom would be appreciated more than anywhere else.

Shane Doan personally brings every new fan a cactus in a little pot.

EDIT: you have chosen wisely. Go Columbus

Top Bottom