• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

Just shocking to give up so many goals in 2 games.... Like damn... Have noticed alot of scoring is up so far in the first few games across the NHL so maybe goalie rust needs to be knocked off.

the team started off slow, they were not ready. This has to be fixed, you cant just throw away a game in the first 10minutes. Its the first two games, lets see how things go.

ryan299

Just shocking to give up so many goals in 2 games.... Like damn... Have noticed alot of scoring is up so far in the first few games across the NHL so maybe goalie rust needs to be knocked off.

They were bad on defense last year though. Murray and Fleury just stood on their heads and the offense could score a ton.

yyzjohn

Banned
I did make a pact last season where I said I'd be okay with a twenty-five-year Cup drought if the Pens were able to go back-to-back last year. I think I did this.

Don't worry Bettman will step in and rig a few lotteries for the Pens before that happens

iLLmAtlc

Taves with 0 points on 8 Chicago goals

bzHRn3b.jpg

Well, can't expect to win when half their goals get called off and they can't score on two minutes of 5v3 and what, five powerplays overall? smh.

Bummer. At least Ek got a goal. Not a fan of how much Bruce plays Foligno. Dude shouldn't be anywhere near the powerplay.

Real talk if Duchene does get traded this year I'm gonna feel pretty bad for Yakupov. I think his only chance to turn things around may be the weird chemistry he has with Duchene and to a lesser extent Kerfoot.

mo60

The pens are really getting destroyed tonight.I wonder if this game will get to the 10 goal mark eventually.

Stasis

Honestly loved most of what I saw tonight. That's the sort of game where we would have put up like 6 or 7 early last season. Varlamov simply outplayed Hank, and that was the difference.

That said, Chytil needs more ice time to get up to speed. I think he was dead last on the team in TOI tonight. And that Staal-DeAngelo pairing? Not so good.

I agree with all of this. I liked some of what DeAngelo can bring, despite my personal views about him, but that pairing was easily the worst. Smith had a few brain farts too but the second pair was pretty good overall and I love what I see from Skjei most of the time. I really do think he can be McDonagh 2.0. I think we see some tests/movement within the top 4. Skjei with Shattenkirk could be real fun. Would like to see Graves and/or Pionk up at various moments too. Definitely not the two together but maybe Graves - Holden, or Holden - Pionk, or Holden with DeAngelo. Gotta figure out that bottom pairing.

Yeah I wasn't trying to overblow anything but those interviews were very sullen

My bad, I didn't stick around and watch those.

edit: HOLY FUCK Pens. I know that feel. I still wanna see 10 though.

Top Bottom