• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Another round of cuts for the Rangers.

Johan Hedberg released.
Josh Nicholls, Michael St. Croix, Shawn O'Donnell and Brendon Nash assigned to Hartford Wolf Pack.

Kave_Man on PTO to FLA.

Speaking of which. Remember last month I said a sale of the cats is incoming? Breaking now, new owner set to be Vince Viola. Actually this could in part explain all the sudden PTOs in FLA and bringing in Thomas.

Edit scratch Viola. Saw a tweet that said that, don't think it is him. It is an NY group though. Also Cats' in the arena is another 20+ years and is ironclad, better than the Yotes' one.
I thought SSE was pretty secure all things considered with revenue streams and the like, why did they sell?

I thought SSE was pretty secure all things considered with revenue streams and the like, why did they sell?
SSE as a whole is fine, hence a 30 year lease with the county tgis us down to Viner. Different situation for him from when he bought out Barnes a few years ago. His divorce mainly. Word before was Viner wanted more investors in the Panther side, this sounds like new deal coming through started this summer and will likely see new ownership for SSE as a whole. Need the dough for the new division, Viner is a passionate guy but light in the pockets.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
McI is going to canada it looks like

Seems that way. Nice to see he's at least getting another opportunity. Time in camp can only help. Unless last night was a total fluke, though, he's definitely not ready to step up to the big leagues.

Lundqvist is set to play the whole game on Monday, Marty on Tuesday, Hank again on Thursday, and then ? on Friday for the final game in Vegas. Guess that whole "backup competition" is more or less sorted out. I would think the last game would be a period each for Hank, Biron, and Talbot, but who knows.

Osorio

If Hedberg got cut he'll probably end up with a job for the Devils organization.

Can't see any team with a place for him.

Nice guy but it's time to hang up the glove.

calder

GTA5 is to games as Kadri is to passing

How can a videogame be destined for a massive regression? I can imagine you saying the series is going to take a big, big step back next year much like a hockey player who was exceptionally lucky for a few dozen games but can't possibly maintain that fluke-ass success, but 5 is a frozen in time.

Hockey is back wooooooooo

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Derek Stepan's name was removed from the active roster, so the Rangers are officially taking 39 players to Banff.

If Hedberg got cut he'll probably end up with a job for the Devils organization.

Can't see any team with a place for him.

Nice guy but it's time to hang up the glove.
He wasn't exactly cut. Basically AV told him what the plan was with the goalie schedule for next week's preseason games and told him that maybe he could squeeze him in for half a game but he couldn't guarantee anything and asked him how he felt about it, so Hedberg chose to withdraw himself from his PTO.

I don't really see much of a place for him, though.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, took Blops 2 5 days to get that. They easily eclipsed what it cost to make the game. Curious to see how the online will evolve over time and what kind of DLC they will do.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
> COD

It took Black Ops 2 five days to hit $800M
This makes me very happy, fuck COD. From what I've played so far, GTA deserves it. I haven't been drawn into a game this hard since the first Mass Effect.

Tabris

I can understand GTA but why people buy the same COD every time is beyond me.

This is funny as GTA was the COD of last generation (top seller, everyone emulating, "hardcore" gamer hate). Any time you have a highly successful game with too many releases in a small time span without radical differences, this happens.

Quick

Banned
This is funny as GTA was the COD of last generation (top seller, everyone emulating, "hardcore" gamer hate). Any time you have a highly successful game with too many releases in a small time span without radical differences, this happens.

Rockstar took their time with GTA V, and I can definitely appreciate it.

That new gritty, open world, ultra realistic Zelda game gonna outsell the entire GTA franchise in 1 second bros. Link with a 5-o-clock shadow, has to clean the blood off of his sword after every fight.

Edit: Calling all Ducks gaf. How are you preparing for that hot preseason action?

Heretic

Yea, the Halo 3 launch was nuts.

I still remember the midnight launch party. Good times.

That new gritty, open world, ultra realistic Zelda game gonna outsell the entire GTA franchise in 1 second bros. Link with a 5-o-clock shadow, has to clean the blood off of his sword after every fight.

Edit: Calling all Ducks gaf. How are you preparing for that hot preseason action?
Pulsating. Pulsating HARD.

Your ass is grass and I'mma smoke it, cuh!

TUSR

Banned
I still remember the midnight launch party. Good times.

Pulsating. Pulsating HARD.

Your ass is grass and I'mma smoke it, cuh!

I still remember Halo 2 launch, I was 4th in line and the 3 guys in front of me brought an Xbox and I filled in the 4th slot and we played Halo all night.

Top Bottom