• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Okay seriously, can we get Alberts off the ice already? i swear he's been on the ice for like 80% of our goals against this preseason.

Acid08

Banned
Ping! So close Juicy.

Nieto has been all over the puck tonight. With Torres out I hope he gets some regular season time. Kid is rad.

Smiley90

Juicy!

Where the blocked shots at?

This is why I don't watch preseason games.

tumblr_mmm06rOdte1sna8pso1_500.gif

Smiley90

I swear to god, if Alberts shot Horvat, I'm gonna personally make sure Dany Heatley is around when he comes back.

EDIT: It was Corrado, okay. Still. Poor Horvat.

CCF23

Preseason doesn't mean dick. Other than to get you excited for the season

Yep. There are things you'll see that might run into the regular season, but for the most part the vets that are comfortably on the team half ass it. That's usually why the guys that light it up in preseason are guys no one would expect to. The guys fighting for a job.

Mason Raymond is comes to mind as an example this this year. Not that he's a scrub, but a clear case of a guy trying harder than some of the vets because he needed to earn a job.

Glad to see so many new hockey fans in this thread this year.

Yes, coaches can be fined for putting goons on the ice at heated moments during the game. Its happened before and will happen again. The NHL does not like escalating these situations, and Scott was out there for no other reason.

And yes, you do get a bigger penalty for any injury to the head area. It doesn't matter if it was intentional or not. The NHL has a zero tolerance penalty for head injuries. This has only been the most talked about thing in the sport for the last 10 years.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you guys with.

That's wonderful.

Can you bail on the thread for the rest of the year again now?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like Ranger cuts are coming today. I'm really hoping that most of the real lineup gets to play the next two games together. All the games thus far have been mainly about evaluating individual skill. Time to see how the real team functions.

Versteeg has been cleared for contact finally. He, Huberdeau, and Barkov will play tommorrow and Thomas is likely to start as well. Word also is that the new ownership will start taking over operations Thursday before officially at the press conference Friday.

Curufinwe

Voracek's injury doesn't sound too bad. Homer said he expects him to play Friday.

I don't know why they had Voracek take the penalty shot after he slid into the post. It was a dangerous play by Salvador; luckily for him Schneider didn't get injured.

Silexx

Brennan is reporting that Da Costa will centre the line with Ryan and Michalek. He's got to be trade bait at this point. I'm guessing to Edmonton.

Cake Boss

Banned
Brennan is reporting that Da Costa will centre the line with Ryan and Michalek. He's got to be trade bait at this point. I'm guessing to Edmonton.

:( there were 18 scouts in last nights game.

Better get something decent for him, hes going to be a pretty productive NHLer.

Or we might just keep him if they don't get a good offer. I imagine teams will try and wait and get him for free on waivers. Not sure how much room they have on the roster to keep people up. But I imagine Edmonton will try and pull something off.

Oh and apparently Ryan showed up in great shape to camp, so Simpson was full of shit(no surprise).

Pen's icing a full lineup tonight while most of the Wings top guys sit (no D ,Z, Kronwall or Big E but Malkin and Crosby and most of their top guys are playing), This could be an ugly game, hopefully Mrazek has a good game though.

Wings:

Franzen-Weiss-Abdelkader
Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar
Miller-Emmerton-Samuelsson
Bertuzzi-Sheahan-Cleary

Ouellet-DeKeyser
Quincey-Smith
Almquist-Lashoff

Mrazek

Pit:

Goaltenders
29 MARC-ANDRE FLEURY – G
37 JEFF ZATKOFF – G

Position Players
2 MATT NISKANEN – D
4 ROB SCUDERI – D
5 DERYK ENGELLAND – D
9 PASCAL DUPUIS – F
12 CHUCK KOBASEW – F
14 CHRIS KUNITZ – F
15 TANNER GLASS – F
16 BRANDON SUTTER – F
17 DUSTIN JEFFREY – F
18 JAMES NEAL – F
19 BEAU BENNETT – F
27 CRAIG ADAMS – F
36 JUSSI JOKINEN – F
41 ROBERT BORTUZZO – D
44 BROOKS ORPIK – D
58 KRIS LETANG – D
71 EVGENI MALKIN – F
87 SIDNEY CROSBY – F

Probably going to be ugly but at least that second line is still together, dat youth!

Silexx

Or we might just keep him if they don't get a good offer. I imagine teams will try and wait and get him for free on waivers. Not sure how much room they have on the roster to keep people up. But I imagine Edmonton will try and pull something off.

Oh and apparently Ryan showed up in great shape to camp, so Simpson was full of shit.

Well, of course the Sens aren't going to trade him just for the heck of it. Pretty sure Murray enjoys having this kind of depth at centre. But I can't see why else you would put Da Costa on the first line like that unless you want to showcase him.

And yeah, I was glad to see Tim Murray shoot down the BS that Simpson was spewing.

Well, of course the Sens aren't going to trade him just for the heck of it. Pretty sure Murray enjoys having this kind of depth at centre. But I can't see why else you would put Da Costa on the first line like that unless you want to showcase him.

Oh yeah he is being showcased, I think they can get a pick for him considering he was a free agent signing.

No way he will make the team ahead of Spezza, Turris, Zibanejad and Pageau ahead of him at centre.

They gotta trade him or lose him on waivers, no room on the roster.

Top Bottom