• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Metalmarc

As a footnote, that documentary is oddly structured in that it's about hockey history of course, but also since it is Canadian produced, it does focus a fair amount on how Hockey was influencing Canada/Canadian history as well, hence the "A People's History" part. Still though, I think you'd really like it.

If you're looking for a more recent hockey game to watch or something, it's easy to recommend the Gold Medal Game from the 2010 Olympics.

Definitely looks like something id like yeah thanks, bookmarked that game too cheers

Razorskin

----- ------
Injured while golfing?

The Flyers should wrap all their players in bubble wrap at this point.

Could be worse. http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2008/09/24/golf_cart_mishap_derails_erik_johnsons_season.html

St. Louis Blues defenceman Erik Johnson, the No.1 pick in the 2006 draft, tore two ligaments in his right knee during a recent golf outing and is expected to miss the entire season but recover fully.

"In our business you get a few curveballs," team president John Davidson said last night before St. Louis beat Dallas 3-2 in pre-season play. "This is a pretty good curveball."

Johnson, 20, was injured during a team golf outing on Sept.16 when his right foot got caught between the accelerator and the brake of his golf cart.

Last season as a rookie, Johnson played in 69 games and had 33 points. He is considered the centrepiece of the team's youth movement.

"To say Erik is distraught would be using a kind word," Davidson said. "He feels responsible, but we told him we're still with him."

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Metalmarc

Did you quote the same post twice? :p

There's also alexthekid who's Swedish. I think that's about it, though.

Also, I live in Canada, so I'm not sure I even fully count.

Welcome, though! :D

Congratz man!

/insert Oilers joke

Yeah i'm a bit daft like that, that and its like 2:15am here so lacking proper sleep

Had an ultrasound today, nhlgaf.

My first is gonna be a baby boy! Whoop!!

SwXYadR.jpg

just kidding, congrats!

Heretic

As a footnote, that documentary is oddly structured in that it's about hockey history of course, but also since it is Canadian produced, it does focus a fair amount on how Hockey was influencing Canada/Canadian history as well, hence the "A People's History" part. Still though, I think you'd really like it.

If you're looking for a more recent hockey game to watch or something, it's easy to recommend the Gold Medal Game from the 2010 Olympics.

game was rigged.

Socreges

Banned
I'm completing a very important document that's got to be submitted by 9am tomorrow and for some reason I thought drinking a 9% ABV bomber would be a decent complement after not having eaten for 9 hours and while sitting on the couch.

Whoops. Gonna have to put the remaining amount down the sink (!!) and move to the desk. What a tragedy.

Quick

Banned
Why does this thread have so many pages?!? Come on GAF/OT. Stop being such a letdown...

I also have no idea wtf this entire alpha/beta shit is about that appears to be happening.

Stop being a beta, Smiley.

I'm curious as to how many of these "alphas" of GAF are socially awkward dudes who actually repeats these types of terms in real life.

"Hey, bro, don't be a beta like Smiley!"

"The fuck is a Smiley?"

"Beta noob bitch cunt, you don't even know?"

Speaking of that, I fucking hate people who literally say "lol" out loud, without a hint of sarcasm.

I'm completing a very important document that's got to be submitted by 9am tomorrow and for some reason I thought drinking a 9% ABV bomber would be a decent complement after not having eaten for 9 hours and while sitting on the couch.

Whoops. Gonna have to put the remaining amount down the sink (!!) and move to the desk. What a tragedy.

You have snacks with it and you give me the rest of your beer.

(Been sober nearly a month).

Also you're COMPLETING a document, you're nearly done it. Let beer be your reward.

Racing games shouldn't be open world.

Fuck EVERYTHING about "oh am I going right or left here, what does the minimap say, oh shit I've lost my racing line, now the other cars are driving into the hood of my car. I'm now in the ocean".

Socreges

Banned
Sleep is my reward for finishing it. Beer was my reward for procrastinating.

(alas, the beer is no longer with us. perhaps its path may lead to a fortunate, gutter-dwelling cake boss)

Socreges

Banned
Marvie hasn't spoken to me ever since I declined to give him my shovel in Animal Crossing. :(

I'm afraid that's what's been keeping him up at night. :(

:(

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
It's truly amazing that after years of fighting for a renovation, Wang gave up and moved the Isles to Brooklyn, then immediately they announce a new partner to renovate the damn Coliseum.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...-events-center-to-renovate-coliseum-1.5897194

Who's gonna play in this "thriving sports event center"? Arena Football and Major League Lacrosse aren't gonna fill that place. Isles will likely get 6 games a year there, combo of regular and preseaon

Top Bottom