• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

I know for a fact that you fuckers won't have balls that represent the size of my balls, so I'm just going to sue you now.

Course, there isn't enough plastic in the world for a job like that but still fuck you.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Guy I work with was playing "Light Em Up" at work yesterday, and it made me miss hockey and also reminded me how fucking annoying that song was during the season.

Cake Boss

Banned
I never realised how bad the ottawa sports radio station is until I started to listen to other ones around the country like TSn 1050, the fan 590. Holy fuck they actually talk about sports and not stupid crap that has nothing to do with anything.

/rant over.

I never realised how bad the ottawa sports radio station is until I started to listen to other ones around the country like TSn 1050, the fan 590. Holy fuck they actually talk about sports and not stupid crap that has nothing to do with anything.

/rant over.

TSN 1050 is awesome. Hayes, Noodles and O-Dog are a nice mix.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

/rant over.

Dave Feschuk and Jeff O'Neill are the only guys on 1050 I can't stand. But the rest are top notch.

zroid

Banned
O'Neill is annoying, but he's tolerable with Hayes and Noodles during Leafs Lunch. They have pretty good chemistry. And Ray Ferraro always calls in, which is the best part. :p

Silexx

/rant over.

Yeah, Ottawa Sports radio is a frat house made up of 14 year olds.

Most of my problems are just in my mind, and made worse by the fact that I'm unemployed and so have hours upon hours each day to just let my mind wander. I wish I could just forget everything I know from the past 6 months.
Find a hobby (away from the computer preferably, unless its really productive) to channel your energy in

Cake Boss

Banned
What? You don't like "The Simmer" laughing at his own jokes on the air? :lol

Was even worse when we had "Jungle Jim". Ugh.

Mendes is the only good guy on there.

Mendes gets annoying with his Spezza ballwashing. Thank god hes traded now so he will stop talking about him and screaming at people that call in to say Spezza had a bad game.

He will probably still talk about giggles when the team struggles to score next season.

Most of my problems are just in my mind, and made worse by the fact that I'm unemployed and so have hours upon hours each day to just let my mind wander. I wish I could just forget everything I know from the past 6 months.

What kind of work are you looking for?

And you're in Vancouver, yea?

calder

NHL-GAF Panels:

Good Canadian Kids: How to Be a Good Canadian Kid

Washing Your Hands: How to Wash Your Hands

Bobby and Me: Number 4 on the program, Number One in Our Hearts

Thumbs Up, Okay, Let's Go! The Don Cherry Story III: Cherry Reloaded free screening

Communism is Bad: A Controversial Panel Dissecting the Communist Manifesto (18+)

I Am Your Father: A Heartwarming Confessional By calder To At Least 8-10 Of You

TUSR

Banned
Agree with this. Some sort of goal to aim for is good for focusing your mind and limiting distractions.

I find that exercise can improve your mood too.

just start lifting shit at the gym and get real mad there, you will come home feeling like a new person.

im pretty sure if i didnt play hockey in the winter id be sad as fuck sitting on the computer

Silexx

Welp, looks like a certain word may be off the table on Neogaf again.

Use caution until this gets sorted out.

Mendes gets annoying with his Spezza ballwashing. Thank god hes traded now so he will stop talking about him and screaming at people that call in to say Spezza had a bad game.

He will probably still talk about giggles when the team struggles to score next season.

Mendes is at least professional about it. I don't mind having an opposing opinion with a host. It's the constant inability to stay on topic or getting the most basic facts right that grate on me the most.

Silexx

Well which is it, you warn us about a word and don't even give a hint to what it is.

This is the bubble we are almost safe in here.

Edit: Took me 10s to find it.

Hint it starts with a C

Sorry, was about to post the relevant thread. You were quicker. 😜

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=854725

But yeah, I do believe this was an instance of the intent was deemed not cool and people who got cocky in their use of 'cunt' got Banhammered.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Why the fuck would Detroit bring in Tony "I couldn't win with a stacked team" Granato???

I thought their AHL coach was pretty good.

That's why they don't want to bring him up. He's fantastic and knows how to develop young talent.

Given the choice, I'd much rather have Babcock walk and Blashill take over after this year.

pringles

Why the fuck would Detroit bring in Tony "I couldn't win with a stacked team" Granato???

I thought their AHL coach was pretty good.
Blashill's already been Babcock's assistant. He'll be head coach in the NHL next.

Granato supposedly was in charge of Pittsburgh's PK which has been pretty good..

Good god, this thing is disgusting.
http://www.icethetics.co/blog/2014/7/13/designing-the-90s-nhl-part-1-unfamiliar-flyers
jbqlrODUR0EEAD.jpg

Quick

Banned
From Part 2 of that series:

Hurricanes concept:

0714-car97-loh.jpg

0714-car97-loh-jerseys.jpg

0714-car97-loh-logos.jpg

If the Jackets ever decide to get a new third jersey, I wouldn't mind seeing them do a throwback to their original jersey, with tweaks.

columbus-blue-jackets-jersey-profile.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
NHL-GAF Panels:

Good Canadian Kids: How to Be a Good Canadian Kid

Washing Your Hands: How to Wash Your Hands

Bobby and Me: Number 4 on the program, Number One in Our Hearts

Thumbs Up, Okay, Let's Go! The Don Cherry Story III: Cherry Reloaded free screening

Communism is Bad: A Controversial Panel Dissecting the Communist Manifesto (18+)

Come to the NHL-GAF con famed best selling author Kave Man will be there to sign his books.

Top Bottom