• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

RC

Banned
Saskatoon isn't so bad. Better than Regina. Be there in Aug to visit a buddy.

He said he gonna take me here.

http://www.lbdistillers.ca

Suggest Jerry's and The Cave to eat..

http://www.jerrys.ca

http://www.caverestaurant.ca

They still have a Fudruckers and Bonaza there too. Miss those.

Lots of Greek restaurants there. Berry Barn is neat place for breakfast but a bit of a drive. Saskatoon berry pie..mmmmmm

Yes I love food.

Thanks for the recommendations. If I have the time I'll try to check some of them out.
The mosquito's out here are relentless. They treat my body like it's an all you can eat buffet.

Alright Dastardly you know what. You fucking know what, if you can answer me this one question I will agree with your statement.

Why in the fuck would I want to work out when every day, this can be my life instead?

nzTWhT0.gif

Razorskin

----- ------
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=121094392

1. The World Cup trophy weighs 6.2 kg (13.6 lb) and is made of 5 kg (11 lb) of 18 carat gold... hell the winner only gets a replica. The estimated value is over $10 million: World Cup trophy worth over US $10 million
2. It's a one of a kind work of art created by an Italian sculptor.
3. It's the most prestigious, coveted, and recognizable trophy in the world, over 200 countries compete for it every four years.

And of course the original World Cup trophy, the Jules Rimet, was stolen in 1983 and never recovered (and that was just gold plated sterling silver)... and that was after it had been stolen once already in 1966, and after Hitler tried to get it during WW2, so maybe they're trying to be a little more vigilant with the 11lb gold one...
ESPN: Mysteries of the Jules Rimet Trophy

It's not some cheap tin pot that Canadians and a few Northern/Eastern Europoeans care about like the Stanley Cup that some people here are comparing it to... that is just ridiculous.

RC

Banned
Got a nice new Job, and a potentially nice new woman, who made me steak before I left. Everything's coming up RC, and it's all thanks to my new book: After, After Hours: What happens when the weird is gone?

*For mature readers only*

Solo

Fucking women, man. Chewing men up and spitting them out since the dawn of time. I need to vent, bros.

So a week or so I go out with this girl on a first date. We had plans to do a bunch of things but there was a major weather event and power outage in the area and I end up having to rescue her from the middle of nowhere (she'd run out of gas) and we ended up having the most random first date ever in the small village she'd broken down by. But it was random in an awesome way. Probably the best first date I've had to be honest. Girl was gorgeous, smart, witty, funny, well-educated, age appropriate (something Ive struggled with lately.....my Tinder days made me a cradle robber). Anyways, before the date she'd said she wanted to take it slow. No problem. First date ends with just one kiss.

Blah blah blah talk all week, fast forward to the second date.

Things are going fine on the second date although I start realizing any time I'm physically close, touching or not, she pulls back. Weird, but I continue. Later in the night I try to kiss her again and disaster strikes. When I move in, she physically pulls right back, like dodges completely. I've witnessed this before and made me howl with laughter, but let me tell you, to have it happen to you is the most embarrassing shit ever. Anyways, not 10 seconds after this happens her friends arrive (we'd agreed to meet them for drinks). So I sit and suffer for a few hours. When it's over I drive home all pissed/confused.

Next day she drops it on me that she was recently sexually assaulted. I tell her how sorry I am that something like that happened to her. Then she absolutely unloads on me and tells me how disrespectful I was for "invading her personal" space (I just tried for a kiss once, and stopped the second she pulled back, and I had no idea of the assault prior) and "shaming her for not putting out" (I just asked her what caused her to pull away). She says she doesn't wanna talk to me again, blocks me from FB and presumably my number too.

The fuck? Am I wrong or was my only crime here ignorance? This girl should be in therapy, not dating, no?

Sanjuro

Fucking women, man. Chewing men up and spitting them out since the dawn of time. I need to vent, bros.

So a week or so I go out with this girl on a first date. We had plans to do a bunch of things but there was a major weather event and power outage in the area and I end up having to rescue her from the middle of nowhere (she'd run out of gas) and we ended up having the most random first date ever in the small village she'd broken down by. But it was random in an awesome way. Probably the best first date I've had to be honest. Girl was gorgeous, smart, witty, funny, well-educated, age appropriate (something Ive struggled with lately.....my Tinder days made me a cradle robber). Anyways, before the date she'd said she wanted to take it slow. No problem. First date ends with just one kiss.

Things are going fine on the second date although I start realizing any time I'm physically close, touching or not, she pulls back. Weird, but I continue. Later in the night I try to kiss her again and disaster strikes. When I move in, she physically pulls right back, like dodges completely. I've witnessed this before and made me howl with laughter, but let me tell you, to have it happen to you is the most embarrassing shit ever. Anyways, not 10 seconds after this happens her friends arrive (we'd agreed to meet them for drinks). So I sit and suffer for a few hours. When it's over I drive home all pissed/confused.

Next day she drops it on me that she was recently sexually assaulted. I tell her how sorry I am that something like that happened to her. Then she absolutely unloads on me and tells me how disrespectful I was for "invading her personal" space (I just tried for a kiss once, and stopped the second she pulled back, and I had no idea of the assault prior) and "shaming her for not putting out" (I just asked her what caused her to pull away). She says she doesn't wanna talk to me again, blocks me from FB and presumably my number too.

The fuck? Am I wrong or was my only crime here ignorance? This girl should be in therapy, not dating, no?

I've had two girls like that previously. Best thing to do is ignore them completely. If they have anything worthwhile to say, wait until they message you and evaluate it from there. The issue for you though is the investment, and from what it seems like there wasn't a big enough one to really warrant much effort from you at this point.

As far as therapy, sometimes that makes it worse. The one I actually dated for some time would take whatever her therapist told her verbatim, and threw out a variety of absurd mindsets at me before I bailed the hell out.

cube444

Son, it's time for you to start sucking dick.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Perds sign Ribeiro for 1 year $1.5 M. Good contract, but this is probably his last chance to clean it up. Apparently they're suppose to announce they've signed Roy as well?

Part 3 of that Icethetics series:

These designs reminded me of a Miami Herald article from 2010 by George Richards.

Bill Torrey said he had to fight with then-owner Marti Huizenga regarding the team's colors and uniforms back in 1993. Said she preferred the Marlins black-and-teal color scheme, which then, was all the rage.

http://www.icethetics.co/blog/2014/7/14/designing-the-90s-nhl-part-3-epilogue

0715-fla93-mednick.jpg

Based Torrey. Personally I despise black as a main color on hockey jerseys and luckily Torrey got the Red/Gold/Navy as the team colors. That logo is pretty bad, the leaping cat is much better. They also have the OG logo sketches:
0715-fla93-doh-1.jpg

calder

We're going to be getting a new car soon, and we're looking at crossovers. I'm interested in the Forester, but we're also going to test drive a CX5 and Sportage and potentially a Rav4. Any one here have any experience/ill informed opinions about crossovers?

There's a Tiguan that parks near us and it looks great, sadly it's a bit out of my price range when you get the tech package and shit I pretty much demand in any new vehicle. And so many times I've been in a parking lot and seen a really sharp CUV and gotten close only to see it's a Mercedes GLK or something ridiculous.

zroid

Banned
The concept of a solid gold trophy which cannot be handled is pretty ridiculous lol

Maybe it seemed like a good idea in the 70s, but if a new World Cup were ever commissioned I doubt they'd make it so materially valuable.

Calamari41

41 > 38
We're going to be getting a new car soon, and we're looking at crossovers. I'm interested in the Forester, but we're also going to test drive a CX5 and Sportage and potentially a Rav4. Any one here have any experience/ill informed opinions about crossovers?

There's a Tiguan that parks near us and it looks great, sadly it's a bit out of my price range when you get the tech package and shit I pretty much demand in any new vehicle. And so many times I've been in a parking lot and seen a really sharp CUV and gotten close only to see it's a Mercedes GLK or something ridiculous.

All I know is my sister has had a Forester for like ten years and has never had a problem with it, and it is still treating her right. She just took it cross country from SoCal to Rhode Island without a hiccup.

Cook called in sick today. It was taco day. Sub cook comes in and doesn't make enough taco meat so no adults get any meat and half the kids don't get any.

Said fuck it and went to taco johns. All kids are pissed cuz I got legit Tacos while they got vegan BS. Adults are mad cuz I "thought outside the box" (by getting fast food?) And they got chips cheese and lettuce for lunch.

Don't care cuz #yolo Perds got ribiero meaning they're out of the playoff hunt now. Don't even need to care.

Sounds similar to my shopping list, although I might buy one a few years old with low mileage.

Although CX-7 and CR-V are at the top of my list right now.

Red_Man

Don't care cuz #yolo Perds got ribiero meaning they're out of the playoff hunt now. Don't even need to care.
What? Ribiero is a douchebag but he's a good player and a top 6 player. Riberio & Roy for $2 M is going to look like a ridiculous deal half way through the season.

What? Ribiero is a douchebag but he's a good player and a top 6 player. Riberio & Roy for $2 M is going to look like a ridiculous deal half way through the season.

Yeah because Ribeiro and Roy did so much to help their past teams. They're probably more trouble more than they are worth.

There's a reason that $1M is all they could get in a 30 team league.

Red_Man

Yeah because Ribeiro and Roy did so much to help their past teams. They're probably more trouble more than they are worth.

There's a reason that $1M is all they could get in a 30 team league.
Nashville needs offence badly, and they're low risk, high reward signings. Don't see the issue, it's better then spending $4.5 M on Pouliot or w/e it was Edmonton gave him. What's the reason Engelland got what he did? Or Clarkson? GM's obviously make awful decisions on July 1st.

Nashville needs offence badly, and they're low risk, high reward signings. Don't see the issue, it's better then spending $4.5 M on Pouliot or w/e it was Edmonton gave him. What's the reason Engelland got what he did? Or Clarkson? GM's obviously make awful decisions on July 1st.

No you are right, from a pure numbers/value standpoint they are excellent. Also I don't really see an alternative out there.

However Ribeiro has been a questionable character for quite some time and Phoenix didn't buy him out for nothing. Roy is a diving douchebag at best. These moves could make the team worse as well.

I guess Nashville feels it's a risk worth taking as they are only 1 year contracts but I don't think those are the kind of players you'd want in your locker room if you are trying to win.

Yeah she needs to talk to someone.

Red_Man

No you are right, from a pure numbers/value standpoint they are excellent. Also I don't really see an alternative out there.

However Ribeiro has been a questionable character for quite some time and Phoenix didn't buy him out for nothing. Roy is a diving douchebag at best. These moves could make the team worse as well.

I guess Nashville feels it's a risk worth taking as they are only 1 year contracts but I don't think those are the kind of players you'd want in your locker room if you are trying to win.
I agree they're not long term solutions or going to make them an instant playoff team, but they need offence pretty bad, and it's a start for really cheap. I still don't see them making the playoffs, but they have nothing to lose with those contracts.

Red_Man

Gallagher's dad is a trainer, and has been training with Lucic for a while now, so Gally & Lucic train together in the off season. I'd pay good money to hear some of their conversations about the playoffs.

Definitely a rough time for her and she should see someone about it. Not your fault. At the same time, I can't blame her much if that's the case.

Top Bottom