• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Merguson

Banned
LOL AVS
Signed Brad Stuart to a 2 year 3.6million AAV deal

Nonis trade for the Avs first rounder pls :(

Wait, Brad Stuart already had 1 year remaining on his contract.

Don't you want to wait and see how he does in the regular season before committing that kind of money? WTF

Silexx

I took way more Sens players than I would've like, but it'll be interesting to see how this plays out:

Philips for Captain said:
Logan Couture SJ - C, LW
Kyle TURRIS OTT - C
James Van Riemsdyk Tor - LW
Clarke MacArthur OTT - LW
Ales Hemsky Dal - RW
Vladimir Tarasenko STL - RW
Erik Karlsson OTT - D
Seth Jones Nsh - D
Andrei Markov Mon - D
Nick Leddy Chi - D
Johan Franzen Det - LW, RW
Cody Franson Tor - D
Mika Zibanejad OTT - C, RW
Patrick Wiercioch OTT - D
Ryan Miller Van - G
Jaroslav Halak NYI - G

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Someone was desperate enough to hunt thru my HFBoards posts last season.

Someone from NHL GAF did this? That's pretty odd...and anything coming from HFBoards should be null and void.

I took way more Sens players than I would've like, but it'll be interesting to see how this plays out:
IT WAS YOU! >: (

That's not too bad. Turris will put up the points and you got the top D man for points. I was also going to take your liege as well...JVR is underrated and I'm expecting a big season out of him. He doesn't even look like he's trying in the preseason and he still puts up the points

I think everyone screwed up pretty bad. My last couple of D is bad and my starting goalie is good but I have no backup. The rest I feel ok about.

I had one of those "the player I want gets drafted right before my pick" drafts, happened like five times in a row, even with players I was really reaching for. Then I let it autodraft the last few rounds because I had somewhere to be and yeah, that was a disaster. My goalies are fine (Bishop, Schneider), my forward group has a chance at being decent but nothing more than that and my D is probably the worst in the league. I've already put in three waiver requests.

Have you seen their defence?

This doesn't fix that problem though. And they'll have cap issues soon enough with their young guys.

I had one of those "the player I want gets drafted right before my pick" drafts, happened like five times in a row, even with players I was really reaching for. Then I let it autodraft the last few rounds because I had somewhere to be and yeah, that was a disaster. My goalies are fine (Bishop, Schneider), my forward group has a chance at being decent but nothing more than that and my D is probably the worst in the league. I've already put in three waiver requests.

Yeah, that happened to 3 of my picks too. One or two spots away from getting them.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ranger lines tonight:

Kreider-Brassard-Zuccarello
Nash-Miller-St. Louis
Glass-Hayes-Fast
Duclair-Mueller-Haggerty

McDonagh-Kampfer
Staal-Boyle
Hunwick/McIlrath/Kostka

Lundqvist

So much speed on that top line. Excite.

Surprised Hayes is apparently at center again. AV had said they'd be trying him at RW, so I imagine they'll mix things up during the game.

Silexx

IT WAS YOU! >: (

Sorry. :-(

That's not too bad. Turris will put up the points and you got the top D man for points. I was also going to take your liege as well...JVR is underrated and I'm expecting a big season out of him. He doesn't even look like he's trying in the preseason and he still puts up the points

Well MacLean is now experimenting with Ryan on the 2nd line... DON'T FUCK THIS UP FOR ME, WALRUS!

Anyways, I really felt that picking in the middle I would need to pick up Karlsson with my first puck just because of the huge drop off in points on D after him. Figured I could plug the holes on forward with consistent career point getters. Was surprised Tarasenko was still there when I grabbed him, but I guess he's still young and unpredictable, though with lots of upside.

Stasis

What's this Wayne Simmonds "out for blood" silliness?

God I hope Wrath is in the lineup tonight. I know he needs to play and not fight but I'd love to see him vs. Simmonds tbh. Prolly won't happen.

Really looking forward to seeing more of Hayes and Duke tonight. Fast too.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Fighting in preseason is probably the dumbest thing you could do if you have an ounce of talent.

Lol you guys, look at our defense. It's fucking nothing. Kinda solidifies the fact that our defense prospects are going to take awhile before they're close to league ready.

Stasis

I'm kind of neutral to it. It can be amusing and is sometimes very warranted, but it could be banned tomorrow and that wouldn't affect my enjoyment of the sport in the slightest.

I'd prefer McIlrath show what he's got in the hopes that he cracks the lineup at some point this year, or next, and I think his fight against Labrie wasn't all that necessary...

But I'm not going to mind in the slightest if he steps up to shut down some fiesty Flyers. Particularly after Simmonds' comments. Flyers/Rangers fights are always a possibility, if not a probability, pre-season or no. Some real hatred there.

Honestly I'm more upset at the McLeod extension. Fucking god will we ever replace him? Don't like how this bodes for getting rid of another jackass who shall remain nameless.

Curufinwe

I'm kind of neutral to it. It can be amusing and is sometimes very warranted, but it could be banned tomorrow and that wouldn't affect my enjoyment of the sport in the slightest.

I'd prefer McIlrath show what he's got in the hopes that he cracks the lineup at some point this year, or next, and I think his fight against Labrie wasn't all that necessary...

But I'm not going to mind in the slightest if he steps up to shut down some fiesty Flyers. Particularly after Simmonds' comments. Flyers/Rangers fights are always a possibility, if not a probability, pre-season or no. Some real hatred there.

What did Simmonds say? Rangers will fold faster than Superman on laundry day?

Stasis

Something something "out for blood". I don't even really know the details. Was a couple of days ago apparently.

edit: I like that we're posting both here and HFB simultaneously. *snuggle*

edit part deux: Somehow I missed/forgot that Dorsett was a Canuck now. Apparently he grew an inch or two as well. That dude is not 6'0". The discrepancy in NHL height/weight listings is always so odd.

Curufinwe

Something something "out for blood". I don't even really know the details. Was a couple of days ago apparently.

edit: I like that we're posting both here and HFB simultaneously. *snuggle*

edit part deux: Somehow I missed/forgot that Dorsett was a Canuck now. Apparently he grew an inch or two as well. That dude is not 6'0". The discrepancy in NHL height/weight listings is always so odd.

How did you know it was me? :lol

The weight stuff is especially bad in preseason with all the young players playing. Any fan who followed the Flyers rookie camp knows Morin clocked in at a solid 224 pounds there. But all thru preseason the commentators keep talking about how he's 210.

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/big-samuel-morin-stands-tall-blue-line

And on the NHL.com top 60 rookies article they talk about Laughton being 177. He's actually 194.

http://www.nj.com/flyers/index.ssf/...lue_jays_baseball_country_music_concerts.html

I autodrafted halfway through so my team ended up terrible.

Stamkos
Filppula
Kuznetsov
Dupuis
Simmonds
Nichushkin
Hedman
Garrison
J Johnson
Kris Russell
T Johnson
Hanzal
Stewart

Niemi
Lehtonen
Allen

5 Lightning players. I thought about changing my team name but "Under My Tortorella" is still relevant.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Booth out 4 weeks and clarkson day to day

Kontiola sent to minors, likely to flee to KHL

Tallinder no longer with leafs

Bodie on waivers

Granberg to minors

Holzer stays (wtf)

Honestly I'm more upset at the McLeod extension. Fucking god will we ever replace him? Don't like how this bodes for getting rid of another jackass who shall remain nameless.

I don't know, Stuart isn't that good so it just feels like spending money on another shitty defensemen.

Is there any word on how much McLeod got? 3 years is lol

I don't know, Stuart isn't that good so it just feels like spending money on another shitty defensemen.

Is there any word on how much McLeod got? 3 years is lol

We lost Benoit which basically means we lost one of the very few defensive highlights of last year, and Benoit still made a ton of mistakes. Dire straits on defense, any plug will do.

zroid

Banned
Holzer stays (wtf)
I thought it was clear
l
y going to be either Holzer or Tallinder as the 7th D.

With Franson out of commission I guess it will be Percy who fills in. I saw some people speculate they might try to grab someone in a trade or off waivers but I doubt it..

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I thought it was clear
l
y going to be either Holzer or Tallinder as the 7th D.

With Franson out of commission I guess it will be Percy who fills in. I saw some people speculate they might try to grab someone in a trade or off waivers but I doubt it..

Bouillon will be available.

Stasis

The weight stuff is especially bad in preseason with all the young players playing. Any fan who followed the Flyers rookie camp knows Morin clocked in at a solid 224 pounds there. But all thru preseason the commentators keep talking about how he's 210.

I still don't know how big Hayes is. It's somewhere between 6'2" and 6'5" and 210 to 240. Those are the different listings I've seen, with various levels in between. :lol

Oh hey, the Bruins released Ville Leino. Not surprised at all, except the fact that he's trending on Twitter now. (or at least on mine)

zroid

Banned
Dg0LUBD.jpg

:lol

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Oh, the season hasn't started and David Booth is out for four weeks?

Big. Fucking. Shock.

Enjoy the ride, Leafs fans.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Oh, the season hasn't started and David Booth is out for four weeks?

Big. Fucking. Shock.

Enjoy the ride, Leafs fans.

Somebody quote the post in this thread where I literally said this would happen. On mobile right now or I'd do it myself :lol

Top Bottom