• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Stet

Banned
Oh, the season hasn't started and David Booth is out for four weeks?

Big. Fucking. Shock.

Enjoy the ride, Leafs fans.

I only hope it's not like Clarkson where we're constantly waiting for him to return and make our team whole, and when he does return he's totally useless.

Think we're probably gonna have the season everyone expected us to have last season. And I'm alright with that, mostly because we need some goddamn defense if we're actually going to go anywhere. Any wakeup call in that regard is a good thing.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Somebody quote the post in this thread where I literally said this would happen. On mobile right now or I'd do it myself :lol

Congrats? He's also getting paid 1 million so not like we're invested in him.

Didn't you also say last year Raymond would just fall down a lot and give us nothing?

You were only half right!!!

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Wings lineup tonight against the Leafs

Tomas Tatar-Riley Sheahan-Tomas Jurco
Drew Miller-Joakim Andersson-Daniel Cleary
Kevin Porter-Stephen Weiss-Mitch Callahan
Justin Abdelkader-Tomas Nosek-Andrej Nestrasil

Defensemen Jonathan Ericsson and Brendan Smith did not skate today due to groin/hip flexor issues. They are listed as day-to-day.

Smith was supposed to play tonight. Now he'll be replaced.

These five defensemen skated in the gameday group:

Xavier Ouellet-Alexei Marchenko
Aaron Rome-Nick Jensen
Ryan Sproul

Petr Mrazek (starting)
Tom McCollum

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
I only hope it's not like Clarkson where we're constantly waiting for him to return and make our team whole, and when he does return he's totally useless.

I see you've followed a team with David Booth on the roster before?

Heretic

Someone was desperate enough to hunt thru my HFBoards posts last season.

We can still call out your shitty post from here though. There should be enough. I'll check the Xbox threads!

Edit: Just went through the thread where you got the quote from... Wow. it's just video games, people!

My fantasy team from last night, Minnesota Nice:

C:
Niklas Backstrom
David Krejci
Mikko Koivu

LW:
Max Pacioretty
Ondrej Palat
Carl Soderberg (Also C)

RW:
Corey Perry
Martin St. Louis
Brandon Saad (Also LW)

D:
Ryan Suter
Hampus Lindholm
Radko Gudas
Sami Vatanen

G:
Semyon Varlamov
Darcy Kuemper
Niklas Backstrom

Got some of the best goal scorers in the league with Perry and Patches, then guys who could go off with assists in Backstrom and to a lesser extent Koivu and Suter. Gudas will get me a ton of penalty minutes. Just realized I have two Anaheim defenders. I hope they both do well I guess.

Good support players and a great goalie in Varlamov. Will play whoever is playing on a given night for the Wild, who should be a top ten defensive team again. The goalies will benefit from that.

I was going to change my team name but I have enough Wild players I can keep it.

Our top line today against the Leafs is the kid line.

Oh well, at least it is televised and I can see the kids play, not many higher up regulars in today for us.

Stasis

He's about 7 inches.

This should be an officially listed stat for all players. Make things interesting.

Aww, I was hoping to boo Del Zotto, like old times.

How's his camp been, anyway?

Been wondering about that too. I kinda forgot he was there for a while. Seems we're icing a strong NHL team vs. a real weak one. Best players there are Schenn, Laughton and Raffl up front? Bunch of names I don't know...

I guess tomorrow will be the opposite. MDZ will play with a much more competent team against our B squad.

zroid

Banned
4OofKY4.png
LFFeUZ1.png

Only $19.99 at Wal-Mart

That's
Subban
, btw

Booth out 4 weeks and clarkson day to day

Kontiola sent to minors, likely to flee to KHL

Tallinder no longer with leafs

Bodie on waivers

Granberg to minors

Holzer stays (wtf)

McLaren and Orr are still up as well, right?

How can those 2 guys be better options than Kontiola or Bodie?

Curufinwe

Aww, I was hoping to boo Del Zotto, like old times.

How's his camp been, anyway?

OK. He's been playing with LSchenn the whole time. They struggled as the first pairing against a Toronto team with most of their big guns playing, but that wasn't surprising. They will be the 3rd pairing unless something odd happens.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Booth out 4 weeks and clarkson day to day

Kontiola sent to minors, likely to flee to KHL

Tallinder no longer with leafs

Bodie on waivers

Granberg to minors

Holzer stays (wtf)

Booth
- Good. He was cheap and seemed to be floating anyways. Only thing he did was score in the skills competition.

Clarktard
- Good. This all but guarantees we keep enough kids up and should increase Kozun's chances (I still think he deserves a spot anyways). Clarkson only had one tip in goal and was invisible otherwise.

Kontiola
- Feel bad about this...he wanted to get another shot and it just didn't work out. I don't think he ever 'paid' the KHL to leave; it was likely Leafs money anyways. I'd like him in the AHL to get used to the speed to possibly get called up later, but oh well.

Talinder
- Blame the Sabres

Bodie
- He's not going anywhere. He'll be back with the AHL.

Granberg
- His own fault. Dude just didn't seem ready, but maybe some more time in the AHL and he can get some more confidence and he can get called up.

Holzer
- He wasn't BAD, but he was far from great. I'd prefer Percy, but we have too many offensive defensemen up anyways.

Holzer won't rot away if he's scratched, while Granberg needs those minutes.

I hope Kontiola sticks around and tries to adapt his game. Can never have too many C's.

Oh hey, the Bruins released Ville Leino. Not surprised at all, except the fact that he's trending on Twitter now. (or at least on mine)

Surprising part is that they gave him a tryout at all.

Must have been using him as motivation for the other players. "You practice hard or else we'll play Ville Leino instead and everyone will know that's your fault."

calder

I didn't read that past the first post, simply because a Reddit insider is basically anti-proof. The only way he can be less believable is if one of the Reddit mods verifies him, then you'll know 100% he's just bullshitting. ;)

And everything he says is vague bullshit mixed in with a few 6 month old tweets from Bungie staffers.

TUSR

Banned
I didn't read that past the first post, simply because a Reddit insider is basically anti-proof. The only way he can be less believable is if one of the Reddit mods verifies him, then you'll know 100% he's just bullshitting. ;)

And everything he says is vague bullshit mixed in with a few 6 month old tweets from Bungie staffers.

It would be pretty easy to tailor fake insider information like this. We will never know if this person is telling the truth.

But its pretty easy to see that Destiny went through some development hell and we ended up with a completely different game.

It would be pretty easy to tailor fake insider information like this. We will never know if this person is telling the truth.

But its pretty easy to see that Destiny went through some development hell and we ended up with a completely different game.

They definitely had a lot more and they cut and stripped it down to the mess that we now have so they could ship on time. Not sure whether Bungie or Activision is responsible for the mess, sounds like Halo 2.

TUSR

Banned
They definitely had a lot more and they cut and stripped it down to the mess that we now have so they could ship on time. Not sure whether Bungie or Activision is responsible for the mess, sounds like Halo 2.

Allegedly there were conflicts internally at Bungie.

I know it's reddit but sadly it does make sense.

There is a lot of supporting evidence in the thread on Gaming side. And it pretty much is in agreement with the 'insider'

Wow. Not sure how much of that is true but considering what the game is it seems plausible.

It could be that this person wrote this and filled in a few blanks with the information we have.
Just take a look at this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=903329

It has a lot of good information on the latest pages. Page 9 has some great information on it (50ppp)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
To me that just seems like a poster that's good at presenting exactly what reddit wants to hear about the game. Not believing anything he says, even though it's probably true. But no sources on reddit = not believable.

Top Bottom