• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Samyy

Yea we need to draft some defensemen next year
On the other hand our forwards have looked pretty good
Even the damn Goat looks good

For the Sens' sake, I hope Lindberg isn't one of their better prospects. No impact in the SuperElit, and put up mediocre numbers for a +2 yr in the OHL.

Idk I hear him get mentioned a lot, probably because he plays in the OHL.

Yawnier

Banned
The leafs lack of defensive depth in the farm system has definitely been showing

Hunts really needs to draft some defensemen next year

Silexx

Here's something from a Sens player I do know:
Bobby Ryan said:
Someone should knock the Venezualas coaches teeth in for running around like that after he won on a bad call. I'm not even Canadian

zroid

Banned
the good news is we already have Gardiner and Rielly who will be top 4 D for years to come, and Harrington and Percy who should be bottom 4.

And decent D are much easier to find at affordable cap hit in free agency than forwards (see: Franson). so the D depth situation isn't quite as bad as the prospects make it seem

hopefully a couple other guys like Valiev, Dermott, or Lindgren will pan out as well

Samyy

the good news is we already have Gardiner and Rielly who will be top 4 D for years to come, and Harrington and Percy who should be bottom 4.

And decent D are much easier to find at affordable cap hit in free agency than forwards (see: Franson). so the D depth situation isn't quite as bad as the prospects make it seem

hopefully a couple other guys like Valiev, Dermott, or Lindgren will pan out as well

Don't sleep on Viktor Loov!

Cake Boss

Banned
For the Sens' sake, I hope Lindberg isn't one of their better prospects. No impact in the SuperElit, and put up mediocre numbers for a +2 yr in the OHL.

The fuck are you talking about stick to your shitty overhyped leafs prospects.

You got your shit wrong first of all.

His only year in the OHL was last year which he had 78 points in 60 odd games and the outscored the habs 1st rounder in the season and playoffs. Yeah that's mediocre lol.

Not only are those not mediocre for a 1st year euro in NA and that its wasn't even his 2nd year.

Yawnier

Banned
Well that sucks.

It won't shock me if they just pull Nylander for the next two games though. I don't know what they'll do with Marner, Kapanen for the next two.

Samyy

Well that sucks.

It won't shock me if they just pull Nylander for the next two games though. I don't know what they'll do with Marner, Kapanen for the next two.

I think Marner may get one more on Sunday but not sure about Kapanen
Anyway Dzierkals and Soshnikov looked good to me, hope to see more of them.

Quick

Banned
How are things going with the speed-date girl, Quick? Just lurked the dating thread.

No response at all. I think it's a lost cause. :(

I seem to be garbage at online dating, so I'm not sure I'll get back on that anytime soon.

Edit: I wanted to send her another email, but the Dating-Age guys said not to do that because it seems desperate. I don't know.

Quick

Banned
I would email again, but just drop it completely if she doesn't respond to your follow up. The downside is a girl you weren't planning on ever talking to again thinks you're desperate. Not the end of the world.

Just something like:

"Hey, just wanted to follow up. I'll leave you alone if you're not interested, but I felt that we hit off on Saturday, and I'd like to get to know you a little better"

I suppose you're right. I'll give it until maybe tomorrow. I did say I'd give her a week.

Admittedly, I did get other phone numbers, but they were from women I had zero connections with after the few minutes we talked. I might text one of them, we'll see.

Calamari41

41 > 38
It's a global market and the culture I consume is from all around the world. I could easily live without American culture as others would increase culture export in the vacuum.

Tabs, please don't tell me this means you're going to stop posting on The Neo Gaming-Age Forums!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I would email again, but just drop it completely if she doesn't respond to your follow up. The downside is a girl you weren't planning on ever talking to again thinks you're desperate. Not the end of the world.

Just something like:

"Hey, just wanted to follow up. I'll leave you alone if you're not interested, but I felt that we hit off on Saturday, and I'd like to get to know you a little better"

I'm not sure I'd put the "I'll leave you alone if you're not interested" bit, bit this is the first I'm reading of this and I'm not sure how much Quick has messaged her this far. I don't think it sounds desperate*

*unless Quick has messaged her a couple times already without a response.

Quick

Banned
I'm not sure I'd put the "I'll leave you alone if you're not interested" bit, bit this is the first I'm reading of this and I'm not sure how much Quick has messaged her this far. I don't think it sounds desperate*

*unless Quick has messaged her a couple times already without a response.

I emailed her once. I kept it straightforward, with some jokes. Maybe saying "are you free sometime this week" killed it?

"Hi, it's Quick from speed dating.

It was great meeting you. [Insert specific conversational piece between the two of us].

I wouldn't mind seeing you again since the couple of minutes we had was so little. [Insert jokes about talking]. Are you free sometime this week?

If you want to get in touch, my phone number is XXX-XXX-XXXX - I left this for you as well. You also already have my email with this one. I'm also on WhatsApp.

Hope to hear from you.

Quick."

^ less words. Be cool. None of this "hope to hear from you" shit. Just the equivalent of "u up?".

tumblr_nc7u0c2iQG1qksrbeo1_250.gif

Thanks crew.

Pikma

Banned
Holy fucking shit the Stars prospects actually won!

Edit: and with 3 last minute goals, including one by Stephen Johns

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The fuck are you talking about stick to your shitty overhyped leafs prospects.

You got your shit wrong first of all.

His only year in the OHL was last year which he had 78 points in 60 odd games and the outscored the habs 1st rounder in the season and playoffs. Yeah that's mediocre lol.

Not only are those not mediocre for a 1st year euro in NA and that its wasn't even his 2nd year.

78 points in 60 games in the O is mediocre for a player 2 years removed from his draft year, which is what I meant by +2

Good prospects put up 100+ points in the O in their +2 year.

EDIT: I'm also not even bashing Sens prospects. I think they have a pretty good group and I like guys like Puempel and Prince. But I don't think Lindberg is a good prospect. His numbers just haven't been good enough.
You're wasting your breath

Wait, weren't you the guy defending those terrorists at the Pokemon World Championship?
No, I was the one saying that based on just the two public Facebook posts and guns and ammo in the car, there was a reasonable reading of those facts that was less than "they're terrorists." And I consistently said that their posts and actions were inappropriate and merited investigation.

Which, because nuance does not exist on the Internet, morphs in to "defending those terrorists at the Pokemon World Championship."

Top Bottom