• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Foggy

I'm just watching it for the first time: Mother of god that church scene in Kingsmen is something else!

Whoa, I just finished a rewatch of it a couple minutes ago. Yeah that church scene is out of control. It took two mortal sins in action(cgi and undercranking) and made it something super rad.

Wowww a judge overturned Brendan Dassey's conviction today (making a murderer). Pretty glad because his portion was pretty hard to watch.

Yeah this made my day. Hopefully he gets out in time for Summerslam.

Mostly I just hope prison didn't fuck him up too bad.

RC

Banned
I have the worst luck with flights.

Let's look at the past 5 weeks:

Had a flight cancelled out of Prince George because of a mechanical issue with the plane.

Had another flight cancelled out of Washington DC because of a mechanical issue. This forced me to sleep at the airport to catch the next earliest flight.
Also that week my flight back home was delayed by 6 hours at O'Hare due to weather.

Now this week I've had a flight delayed by three hours from Minniapolis to Chicago because of weather again and I'm now once again stuck at O'Hare because of another fucking mechanical issue with a shitty United Plane.
2 hours and counting.

Pikma

Banned
Who gave you this picture???
1242032.gif

Yawnier

Banned
Creeper is acting all flustered like a tsundere from one of those japanese animes

B-b-b-baka it's not like I have a kid or anything.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I have the worst luck with flights.

Let's look at the past 5 weeks:

Had a flight cancelled out of Prince George because of a mechanical issue with the plane.

Had another flight cancelled out of Washington DC because of a mechanical issue. This forced me to sleep at the airport to catch the next earliest flight.
Also that week my flight back home was delayed by 6 hours at O'Hare due to weather.

Now this week I've had a flight delayed by three hours from Minniapolis to Chicago because of weather again and I'm now once again stuck at O'Hare because of another fucking mechanical issue with a shitty United Plane.
2 hours and counting.

The lesson learned here is: dont fly United.

Also: I was suuuuper worried about No Man's Sky on PC since my rig is like 2 years old and people were reporting huge issues. Wanted to try and was fully ready for a refund.

Been playing for 3h now, no crash, no stutter, no nothing. >60fps constantly, at near-Max settings.

I should learn not to take gamer freakouts too seriously.

Also: I was suuuuper worried about No Man's Sky on PC since my rig is like 2 years old and people were reporting huge issues. Wanted to try and was fully ready for a refund.

Been playing for 3h now, no crash, no stutter, no nothing. >60fps constantly, at near-Max settings.

What do you think of No Man's Sky so far?

RC

Banned

Can't. My company insists on flying United.
And I'm still stuck here at O'Hare. Also all the bars are closing.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What do you think of No Man's Sky so far?

It's pretty serene. Feel like there's not much gameplay to it, but it's more about the atmosphere and the whole "exploring" theme. I like it though, so far. Probably not worth the 70 bucks full-price tag but it's neat.

Can't. My company insists on flying United.
And I'm still stuck here at O'Hare. Also all the bars are closing.

Ew. Do you at least have lounge access? There's an Amex Centurion lounge at ORD if I'm not mistaken so you can get drunk for free while you wait at least.

Quick

Banned
I got myself stranded in a planet on No Man's Sky.

Most of the planet is underwater, and I don't have enough plutonium to fuel my launch thruster. The little I found diving underwater still wasn't enough.

It's also a radioactive planet with storms. Yep, I would get myself stranded on this kind of planet.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Most of the planet is underwater, and I don't have enough plutonium to fuel my launch thruster. The little I found diving underwater still wasn't enough.

It's also a radioactive planet with storms. Yep, I would get myself stranded on this kind of planet.

You found planet winnipeg

calder

My NMS progress is slow now because I can't force myself to leave this low atmo, high resource planet. It's giant columns of gold everywhere, I can mine gold in such a way that when my beam goes through a pillar it just hits another mound of gold behind it.

I was running past some plutonium crystals and harvested them and accidentally started hitting gold jammed between the plutonium. I'm so fucking rich now, this poor global economy is going to be screwed.

Cake Boss

Banned
God damn listening to Graduation by Kayne, must be one of the best hip hop albums ever created. Shit is so hot, so many dope tracks. Nostalgia hit hard here,maybe because I am slightly buzzed too

Calamari41

41 > 38
My NMS progress is slow now because I can't force myself to leave this low atmo, high resource planet. It's giant columns of gold everywhere, I can mine gold in such a way that when my beam goes through a pillar it just hits another mound of gold behind it.

I was running past some plutonium crystals and harvested them and accidentally started hitting gold jammed between the plutonium. I'm so fucking rich now, this poor global economy is going to be screwed.

Yeah but you're not having fun because you can't see other players. Condolences.

Socreges

Banned

Sounds fun.....but maybe isn't. Would you guys recommend it at full price?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I was on a planet just now

landed around 4~5 emeril stacks... and these were MASSIVE stacks... like 400k credits per... go to inventory screen to make sure i have the room

game crashes

Quick

Banned
I was able to leave planet Winnipeg. I basically ran to the next big island, which took about 5 minutes, and found plutonium deep inside a cave.

Then I got lost as I made my way further in and made a bunch of turns. Thankfully the cave protected me from the radiation. I was able to get out by finding an underwater entry and swam up to shore.

Sounds fun.....but maybe isn't. Would you guys recommend it at full price?

Honestly? I'd wait for a deal.

I got 30% off from Amazon's E3 sale last year. If I didn't pre-order then, I wouldn't have bought this on release.

RC

Banned
It's pretty serene. Feel like there's not much gameplay to it, but it's more about the atmosphere and the whole "exploring" theme. I like it though, so far. Probably not worth the 70 bucks full-price tag but it's neat.

Ew. Do you at least have lounge access? There's an Amex Centurion lounge at ORD if I'm not mistaken so you can get drunk for free while you wait at least.

No lounge access.

Well I'm finally back in Vancouver, 3 hours late, and very very tired.

Stasis

Still on my starter, radioactive and some hostile shit in caves. Decent resources. I'll fix my shit and leave. Way too early to say fully but I do feel like this isn't worth full price. For anyone on the fence, I'd wait for a sale probably.

It's been more than 18'000 days since the Leafs last won the Stanley Cup

I'd ask how long it's been since Vancouver won one but I don't know how to count back to something that never happened. ;)

That scene was crazy. For some reason when I watched the movie in theatres it felt longer than it did on Blu Ray

Whoa, I just finished a rewatch of it a couple minutes ago. Yeah that church scene is out of control. It took two mortal sins in action(cgi and undercranking) and made it something super rad.

What a great movie! I'm definitely kicking myself for not watching it sooner.

Top Bottom