• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

I don't want trump or hillary to win. I could vote 3rd party but the political machine has made sure those votes don't matter. So I'll just stay home, or more likely goto work as normal.

Marvie_3

Banned
I don't want trump or hillary to win. I could vote 3rd party but the political machine has made sure those votes don't matter. So I'll just stay home, or more likely goto work as normal.

If there was a worthwhile liberal 3rd party, I'd happily vote for them. The green party is such a fuckshow of stupidity.

I just hate how neo-liberals think they are saving the world and think they are the moral beacon of hope to everyone and it has to be there way or else you are wrong. It is also just as weird how it gave rise to right wing fascism recently, as nationalism is back on the rise with people thinking they are defending their rights and their country.

Please tell me you're using "fam" ironically.

Hillary fans have really carved out a tribe around her. And I have no idea why. She inspires nothing. She's not bad by any means, but as a person she's robotic and driven by advisers and focus groups, and as a candidate she's remarkably centrist and 'establishment'. She'd get my vote in a heartbeat because she's the safe choice, but I don't understand the loyalty there.

She's a lot more progressive than she gets credit for. Back in the 90s she was the liberal. Feminist anti-Christ and now she's in the centre?

The establishment criticism is even weirder in the context of the US system. You can't ram legislation through like a majority party in Canada can, so even if you win you need to be good with the ins and outs of getting congressional and senatorial support.

Quick

Banned
I think I drove by one of these on Sunday, my girlfriend's parents live in Markham. I also experienced the Foody Mart parking lot nightmare, which I understand is a thing.

I don't usually crawl deep into Markham, just Steeles usually. Furthest I've been to is along Highway 7.

T&T and the other Asian grocery stores I've been to have nightmare parking lots, but I think I've just gotten used to it at this point.

I'm just happy that a lot of progress made under Obama won't get taken away with Hillary. That's the most I can hope for from a president anymore.

Not that I have any say in it, but this is pretty much my mindset.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
f32fc0f16ccd39d745e557e561890247.gif

STHAP POSTING ANIME, MARVIE

imBask

Banned
GAF is overwhelmingly pro-Hillary/QUEEN-HILLARY-ALL-HAIL, I don't really understand why. -shrugs-

I mean she's obviously miles better than Trumps but how heavily people support her over Sanders here is odd.

Yeah I really don't get why GAF is so crazy about Hilary. It makes no sense to me.

I just hope those people are behind her for the right reasons, and not just because of her gender. This board has a weird tendancy to go with the easiest progressive route instead of actually thinking about what they're doing or supporting.

Vote for political ideas, regardless of gender or race

Foggy

My Hillary vote is going to be the least enthusiastic I've been about a candidate yet. And shit, I even voted for Kerry. How anyone can be enthusiastic about her is beyond me. Although it makes sense in the world of internet shit-slinging because of the surreal blood feud between Sanders supporters and Clinton supporters.

calder

Gah I'd give anything to play RDR again.

Well, not get a PS3 or Xbox again apparently, but anything *else*.

Socreges

Banned
She's a lot more progressive than she gets credit for. Back in the 90s she was the liberal. Feminist anti-Christ and now she's in the centre?

The establishment criticism is even weirder in the context of the US system. You can't ram legislation through like a majority party in Canada can, so even if you win you need to be good with the ins and outs of getting congressional and senatorial support.
She's liberal domestically, true. Status quo Democrat. I have a habit of seeing American politicians through a foreign policy lens (being Canadian and also being a student of IR), though, where she is quite neocon and hawkish.

The establishment criticism isn't weird imo. Just because the US system is set up in such a way to protect corrupt systems of governance doesn't mean that her lack of interest in changing anything is desirable.

I just hope those people are behind her for the right reasons, and not just because of her gender. This board has a weird tendancy to go with the easiest progressive route instead of actually thinking about what they're doing or supporting.

Vote for political ideas, regardless of gender or race
Identity politics can't be avoided. I think the supportive fervour is partly a result of her gender and the revolutionary sense some get (ie, first female president). The intersection of pop-GAF and Hillary-GAF indicates as much.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The mobile site has been slow for me the entire day.

Mobile has been okay for the most part. The desktop sight is awful, feels like my internet is shitting the bed until I open a new tab and load something else instantly.

She's liberal domestically, true. Status quo Democrat. I have a habit of seeing American politicians through a foreign policy lens (being Canadian and also being a student of IR), though, where she is quite neocon and hawkish.

The establishment criticism isn't weird imo. Just because the US system is set up in such a way to protect corrupt systems of governance doesn't mean that her lack of interest in changing anything is desirable.

Identity politics can't be avoided. I think the supportive fervour is partly a result of her gender and the revolutionary sense some get (ie, first female president). The intersection of pop-GAF and Hillary-GAF indicates as much.

There are reasons beyond protecting a corrupt establishment to make the ship of government cumbersome to steer. For better or worse neither Bernie nor Trump would likely be able to actually push their legislative agenda.

Socreges

Banned
There are reasons beyond protecting a corrupt establishment to make the ship of government cumbersome to steer. For better or worse neither Bernie nor Trump would likely be able to actually push their legislative agenda.
Not sure what you're saying here.

And people saying that Bernie would likely not succeed in transforming anything, as if that is good reason to be content with Clinton, is part of the sickness. But that's a conversation for another day.

Not sure what you're saying here.

And people saying that Bernie would likely not succeed in transforming anything, as if that is good reason to be content with Clinton, is part of the sickness. But that's a conversation for another day.

A major function of government is to provide stability. Having a new leader come in every four years and be able to upend things on a whim is the opposite of stability.

I suppose we probably wouldn't agree. What you describe as a sickness I would say looks more like pragmatism in the face of demagoguery.

Marvie_3

Banned

Trump would have to have an actual agenda in order to push one.

Line_HTX

we are truly in the depths of summer now

It officially feels like fucking 100 degrees everyday, the month of July sucks, literally nothing going on in both hockey and football the whole month.

EVO 2016 can't get here fast enough.

Top Bottom