• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

imBask

Banned
wait what's with the Subway hate train? it's fastfood but i'd rather eat Subway than some greasy McD when i'm in a hurry...

Chris R

wait what's with the Subway hate train? it's fastfood but i'd rather eat Subway than some greasy McD when i'm in a hurry...

Vegas just has too many options for Subway to be one of them, that's all I was saying. If I'm walking the 1/4 mile to my local shopping area I'll probably choose Subway since it's that, MCD or Taco Bell.

PillarEN

So now that the Olympics are over is there any hype for the World Cup? Especially northern states US GAF and Canada GAF. Zero coverage in the CZ so far but then we don't have any sports channels like ESPN. Sports newspaper is owned by a disgusting company so I ignore that though I imagine they are focusing on the Czech hockey league anyway which is slowly beginning.

zroid

Banned
So now that the Olympics are over is there any hype for the World Cup? Especially northern states US GAF and Canada GAF. Zero coverage in the CZ so far but then we don't have any sports channels like ESPN. Sports newspaper is owned by a disgusting company so I ignore that though I imagine they are focusing on the Czech hockey league anyway which is slowly beginning.

Rogers is trying its best to hype it but I don't really think it's working

That said, most Canadians will probably watch it anyway, they just don't care that much. By the time September rolls around everybody is desperate for hockey content.

RC

Banned
Vegas just has too many options for Subway to be one of them, that's all I was saying. If I'm walking the 1/4 mile to my local shopping area I'll probably choose Subway since it's that, MCD or Taco Bell.

It's in the hotel and its "cheap."

Besides this is a work trip. I'll save the fun for later.

Pikma

Banned
Fuuuck, I'm going on a date with an incredibly normal (well, normal in the sense that she only drinks and is so far mentally stable and comes from a healthy family and background and is a scientist etc) girl this Saturday, and I've left it way too late to do much in the sense of dieting and fitness.

Graveyard shift has ruined my gut aesthetic.

Can I just starve myself for 4 days and work out each and every day til then to at least fix my natural posture and so that my gut won't protrude (which it isn't at the moment, but is dangerously close to being "obvious").

Like, this girl actually spent a week talking to me just on Tinder and iMessage just waiting for me to ask her out. And she's incredibly cute too. Like WTF? That just doesn't happen.
You need to show us some pics so we can judge your tastes

no but seriously, congrats! Tinder is the fucking gift that keeps on giving, so awesome

Line_HTX

I guess I'll watch some if I manage to catch it, otherwise, September is all NFL for me until hockey regular season starts.

Kind of miss Gary Thorne's voice with the NHL on ESPN music.

imBask

Banned
Please, you should've seen me on gamedays.

I thought about watching football again, so I did watch an Alouettes game... by the 16th commercial I couldn't take it anymore, and my beer was still cold

no but seriously I'd be way more into the NFL if Montreal, or even if Toronto had a team... I used to follow the Ravens but meh

Calamari41

41 > 38
Also, I rather eat shit fresh from an asshole than eat at Subway

The longer the list of things you'd prefer shit out of an asshole to becomes, the more apparent it is that this preference does not stem from a dislike of the items in question but rather a desire for that sweet, fresh shit.

Marvie_3

Banned
The longer the list of things you'd prefer shit out of an asshole to becomes, the more apparent it is that this preference does not stem from a dislike of the items in question but rather a desire for that sweet, fresh shit.
Being a Stars fan has most likely given him an enjoyment from consuming shit.

It is starting to build up in Sweden, Im hyped and so are plenty of my friends. But I think the consensus still is that it is a poor mans Olympics.

And Im still here in for Hawks GAF even though I almost completely stopped watching live games since I started working, and therefore doesnt post that much anymore. Im pumped to see Campbell again though. Best FA signing in the league.

Razorskin

----- ------
It is starting to build up in Sweden, Im hyped and so are plenty of my friends. But I think the consensus still is that it is a poor mans Olympics.

And Im still here in for Hawks GAF even though I almost completely stopped watching live games since I started working, and therefore doesnt post that much anymore. Im pumped to see Campbell again though. Best FA signing in the league.

That Campbell signing was a steal, goddamn Hawks.

How the fuck is Russell not signed when he was supposedly getting $5M offers?

RC

Banned
Work trip means they pay for your food, at least for me. You better believe I'm hitting that $25 a meal limit.

I get $55 a day from the company for food.
But I get that paid out regardless if I spent that much money or not. So I now make an active point to spend as little money as possible on food and net those extra bucks.

Yes I'm a cheap bastard.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Work trip means they pay for your food, at least for me. You better believe I'm hitting that $25 a meal limit.

But I get that paid out regardless if I spent that much money or not. So I now make an active point to spend as little money as possible on food and net those extra bucks.

Yes I'm a cheap bastard.

I remember doing the same thing for my work-paid-for-it trips, you go make your dumpster pretty Desi

That Campbell signing was a steal, goddamn Hawks.

How the fuck is Russell not signed when he was supposedly getting $5M offers?
Was there any truth to those offers?

He should be signed though. Compared to other players that are hated by "analytics people" he has some tools at least. It should be able to make him a productive player if he is surrounded by a smart partner that can help him when (or before) he sets himself up for trouble.

Saw a dude with a Panthers sticker and a Jagr shirsey sticker. Tried to drive up and get his attention with my Panthers keychain and phone wallpaper. A few flailing tries he rolled up his window and made the next turn.

I think I scared him off.

Chris R

Yes I'm a cheap bastard.

Ah ok, I have to provide a meal receipt to get refunded when I'm back from the trip so no pocketing the $$$ for me :(

Top Bottom